GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Feb 17, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #8,431 of 8,833
Suggesting an LPS (or the like) on your FMCs (if there was/were not). A 5V Jameco Reliapro will do the job. Am using a Topping P50.
The Pi4, Pi2AES, Aune XC1, and FMCs are all powered by linear power supplies that are not pictured because I don't want to add a fourth level to the rack. They're all sitting below the desk.

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #8,432 of 8,833
Has anyone actually connected their R26 via Lan and tried to test the whole thing with a switch?
I have looked at various switches at audiophile level and they promise a lot.
For me personally it's a bit much money as I would use a maximum of 2 ports (Pc and Dac).
The other 4 or 6 ports would just gather dust, which would be a bit of a shame.

Apart from that, for the money there are nice streamers like Pi, Holo or others that are perhaps a little better than the integrated Lan of the R26.

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #8,433 of 8,833
Has anyone actually connected their R26 via Lan and tried to test the whole thing with a switch?
For me personally it's a bit much money as I would use a maximum of 2 ports (Pc and Dac).

Apart from that, for the money there are nice streamers like Pi, Holo or others that are perhaps a little better than the integrated Lan of the R26.
I use a Linksys unmanaged 8 port switch for my system and everything including the R26 works and sounds fine. Pioneer SC-LX904, Pioneer UDP-LX500 disk spinner, Bluesound Node, and Sony TV all plugged in to it. I have a Roon ROCK plugged into the router.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #8,434 of 8,833

The Gustard N18

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #8,435 of 8,833
The Gustard N18
I bought one as soon as they dropped, beautiful switch. I've got my router and Roon core (mac mini) plugged into the LAN ports, and Finisair fiber running to my rack into a Teradak converter. I recently upgraded the power supply on the mini to a Teradak LPS. I think the Gustard is the biggest bang for buck switch out there right now in the "audiophile" switch game.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #8,436 of 8,833
I bought one as soon as they dropped, beautiful switch. I've got my router and Roon core (mac mini) plugged into the LAN ports, and Finisair fiber running to my rack into a Teradak converter. I recently upgraded the power supply on the mini to a Teradak LPS. I think the Gustard is the biggest bang for buck switch out there right now in the "audiophile" switch game.
How did you find the Teradak LPS upgrade on the Mini? Considering same, just emailed them a few days ago to ask when back in stock...

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #8,437 of 8,833

I'm patiently waiting for the Ether Regen2. Who knows when it will finally be released.

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:19 AM Post #8,438 of 8,833
Interesting, thank you both. @camrector @BShaw 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
N18 pro also looks very nice with its Sft connection.
Even if it has its price.
Has the N18 contributed to the sound of what you read about audiophile switches?

I have the Teradak on the screen power supply and the SFT box for the clean side.

The Lhy 6 or whatever it's called looks good too.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #8,439 of 8,833
Has the N18 contributed to the sound of what you read about audiophile switches?

I have the Teradak on the screen power supply and the SFT box for the clean side.

Check it out here:

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://youtu.be/P_2snmxGa-Q?feature=shared&data=05|02||b7d85d3df5bc4302e06008dc308181be|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|638438579989513816|Unknown|TWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0=|0|||&sdata=SodUVQbASQ/pFo2FQJ63tq5gt2hgKNfsMlyLu7RRWnY=&reserved=0

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #8,440 of 8,833
How did you find the Teradak LPS upgrade on the Mini? Considering same, just emailed them a few days ago to ask when back in stock...
First off, the power supply itself is incredibly hefty and beautifully made, and sits alone like any LPS. Then you have to replace the existing internal ps with a filter board, which takes a while but isn’t super technical at all. The issue I had was both cables on the filter supply were super stiff silver plated copper and too long to allow it to fit! Chris was great and going to send me a replacement but I just shortened both and made it work. So make sure you mention this if you order.
To answer your question Jake, I was in such a maelstrom of changes at that point I only briefly listened and gave it a very brief chance to strut its stuff, and mostly feel very happy that I have a proper power supply at the fount of my system!
Crazy right? I don’t always give a critical listen, some things I do because it’s technically correct for my silly brain 🧠 🤪

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #8,441 of 8,833

I think so, even if it’s subtle. My best observations happen when I forget I’ve made a change, and I sit down to listen (sometimes there’s a long work day between the two). In this case I sat down the evening after and kept thinking how realistic things sounded, which is a priority in my audio hierarchy of needs. Subtle but I remember thinking this and questioning why I was about to replace my speakers and re-configure my whole system when I was feeling things sounded so good after many months of small adjustments. But it’s like I said above, I also just feel it’s a proper set up now, with the appallingly noisy router and my mac mini having a very beautiful buffer between them rather than the router puking its hash directly into my Roon core!

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #8,442 of 8,833
After upgrading to v1.43 each time the R26 is turned on its MAC address is randomized so Roon recognizes it as a new device. How to turn this MAC address randomization off? I guess I will need to login via SSH and change some configurations on the unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back