GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #4,441 of 8,847
Hello guys
I have the R26 connected via LAN and I m playing Tidal from the tablet via Bubbleupnp... I notice that the R26 display shows only three different bitrates..
PCM 44.1
MQA 44.1
MQA. 44.1 (MQA with dot)
Is this normally...
Even if the song is 192..

Feb 7, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #4,442 of 8,847
Deleted.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #4,443 of 8,847
Hello guys
I have the R26 connected via LAN and I m playing Tidal from the tablet via Bubbleupnp... I notice that the R26 display shows only three different bitrates..
PCM 44.1
MQA 44.1
MQA. 44.1 (MQA with dot)
Is this normally...
Tidal has only 44,1 kHz to my knowledge and you can not upsample with bubble upnp. So yeah, you stuck with 44.1 kHz. You are fine even with 44.1

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #4,444 of 8,847
Hello guys
PCM 44.1
MQA 44.1
MQA. 44.1 (MQA with dot)
Is this normally...
Once again, it NOT normal. Try mconnect app. BubbleUPnP has bug that not all tracks are passed to renderer correctly. Some tracks are rendered correctly (to 96k, 192k, ...) some not. With Mconnect app I've not observed this issue.

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #4,445 of 8,847
Freaking quiet in here… :nerd:

Questions for @BShaw or anyone involved in the Tidal Connect Beta Program:

- Mind to share an update 🙏 ? Encouraging ?
- Does the R26 streamer stage have a memory buffer ? Is the sound continuous and HQ ? (No gaps, stuttering ?)
- Do I correctly understand that, once installed, you just use the Tidal app on your phone to remotely control the stream (I.e. not any re-inventing-the-wheel Gustard app)
- Do I correctly understand that it is really R26 that is streaming from the cloud (R26 is fully taking over, it is not your phone pushing the stream to R26). I mean, if you shut off your phone, the song continues on the R26, right ? And do playlists continue too (or end with ongoing song) ?
- Max quality ? 24/192 ?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #4,446 of 8,847
Feb 8, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #4,447 of 8,847

- Does the R26 streamer stage have a memory buffer ? Is the sound continuous and HQ ? (No gaps, stuttering ?)
- Do I correctly understand that, once installed, you just use the Tidal app on your phone to remotely control the stream (I.e. not any re-inventing-the-wheel Gustard app)
- Do I correctly understand that it is really R26 that is streaming from the cloud (R26 is fully taking over, it is not your phone pushing the stream to R26). I mean, if you shut off your phone, the song continues on the R26, right ? And do playlists continue too (or end with ongoing song) ?
- Max quality ? 24/192 ?

Thank you very much
Hi David - I didn't join the testing for Tidal Connect because I'm a Qobuz user. The only person here I know of who is trialing it is @sbogdanovs, maybe you could PM him if he doesn't see your post. But what I do know is that they're pretty close to rolling it out but had some minor issues and were delayed due to the lunar New Year holidays.
Answering your other question - yes, Tidal Connect is (I think) just a UPnP app and you use your phone or tablet to direct the stream directly between your router and the renderer of the R26. The stream does not pass through your phone. I'm not sure if the R26 does the second MQA unfold (it's advertised as MQA capable,and if it doesn't do the full unfold I'm betting it will with the update), but the Tidal Connect app allows full MQA if the hardware allows it. I used Tidal Connect a while back with my Zen Stream, it's fantastic. I'm enjoying JPlay now very much, it's almost like having Qobuz Connect!

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #4,448 of 8,847
Once again, it NOT normal. Try mconnect app. BubbleUPnP has bug that not all tracks are passed to renderer correctly. Some tracks are rendered correctly (to 96k, 192k, ...) some not. With Mconnect app I've not observed this issue.
Hello Migo... which one ,I found a lot of apps

Screenshot_20230208-222450_Google Play Store.jpg
app's

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #4,449 of 8,847

Screenshot_20230208-222450_Google Play Store.jpg app's
The top one is mconnect Lite.
Unfortunately, this does not play all the titles you have in the playlist.
I then upgraded to the full version and it was the same.
I then requested a refund from Apple which went through.

Some people have tried Jplay, which is also supposed to be very good.
Maybe try that first if you like.

Feb 8, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #4,450 of 8,847
The top one is mconnect Lite.
Unfortunately, this does not play all the titles you have in the playlist.
I then upgraded to the full version and it was the same.
I then requested a refund from Apple which went through.

Some people have tried Jplay, which is also supposed to be very good.
Maybe try that first if you like.
I’ve had them all, bubble, mconnect, etc. jplay is like bubble that someone actually finished the job with, I can absolutely assure you it blows the others away.

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #4,451 of 8,847
Total unrelated to the fantastic R26 but would like to pass on to the group. I ordered and received a second fmc kit and set up the feed going into my Apple TV. The picture upgrade is incredible. My 4k Sony is displaying blacks that are like a black hole in my tv and motion of puck in hockey game is not blurred at all. Highly recommend to all.

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #4,452 of 8,847
Total unrelated to the fantastic R26 but would like to pass on to the group. I ordered and received a second fmc kit and set up the feed going into my Apple TV. The picture upgrade is incredible. My 4k Sony is displaying blacks that are like a black hole in my tv and motion of puck in hockey game is not blurred at all. Highly recommend to all.
Awesome. I really have to try FMCs. FYI I get a nice improvement in the sound quality of my 4K Panasonic OLED TV’s internal streamer when fed ethernet via my LHY switch - which then feeds back to my R26 via toslink. I thought I noticed a bit of a picture improvement too, slightly more contrasty with purer colours and finer detail, but not as dramatic as what you describe.

Feb 9, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #4,453 of 8,847

- Max quality ? 24/192 ?

Thank you very much
I can report that the R26 when used with a switch (LPS powered) Lan and Bubbleupnp or Mconnect Lite does appear to have a buffer, I have been changing from fibre over to wired on the fly and the track continues to play whilst breaking connection which takes four to five seconds. This was to evaluate the difference between fibre and wired whilst listening. I can report fibre does clean things up in the music it allows better imaging and solidity. The effects of fibre are far more positively prominent when using it from a router to the R26, it really cleans the sound.

I will be reporting soon on a positive experience with further isolation for playback of stored media on a server (Rpi3 running DLNA using Moode Audio minidlna) by using a switch so the router is no longer directly 'in the path' when serving data. Just need to try a few other alternatives, with fibre as an option to wired and wifi extender to further isolate the router things get complicated. But the sonic results are encouraging to just using a router as the main hub.

Feb 9, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #4,454 of 8,847

app's
Mconnect Lite version is working fine with Tidal on Android for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back