Gustard Amplifiers and DACs
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #226 of 605

Could you make a wish for Gustard to produce a current drive amp, something like the Bakoon HPA-21, and maybe an R-2R dac, to 'out Yggy' the Yggy 
tongue_smile.gif
 ....oh, and maybe world peace, or something, while you're at it?
biggrin.gif

Yep.. both excellent suggestions.  I'd love to see the a R2R DAC from Gustard.. I'd absolutely take that over an X20, personally.  Take my money now!

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #227 of 605
Yep.. both excellent suggestions.  I'd love to see the a R2R DAC from Gustard.. I'd absolutely take that over an X20, personally.  Take my money now!

Have you read my mind brother? :grinning:

Though I still enjoy my NFB-1, my DAC-19 now gets most of my listening time. I have actually found a renewed love with my Lyr 2 because of my DAC-19. Mind boggling what an R2R DAC had done to my gear...

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #228 of 605

blink.gif

@stuartmc
Could you make a wish for Gustard to produce a current drive amp, something like the Bakoon HPA-21, and maybe an R-2R dac, to 'out Yggy' the Yggy 
tongue_smile.gif
 ....oh, and maybe world peace, or something, while you're at it?
biggrin.gif

etysmile.gif
  Why yes!..."I'd like to say a prayer and drink to world peace." (said Phil in Groundhog Day)

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #229 of 605

etysmile.gif
  Why yes!..."I'd like to say a prayer and drink to world peace." (said Phil in Groundhog Day)

That's a movie that's long overdue a revisit; Bill Murray portraying some proper western style cynicism and sarcasm.
I'm living somewhere where chaps ask me if I'm a Westlife (Taylor Swift or that Canadian lad (Or Vampire Diaries!!!)) fan. Genuinely! 
eek.gif
 (Ok, so I can handle a Taylor Swift video. If I have to.)

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #230 of 605
Have you read my mind brother? :grinning:

Though I still enjoy my NFB-1, my DAC-19 now gets most of my listening time. I have actually found a renewed love with my Lyr 2 because of my DAC-19. Mind boggling what an R2R DAC had done to my gear...

Who's mind was I reading? 
blink.gif

What is it that you like about the R2R sound?

Come on SS Gustard. Let's steer a course, away from streams, towards the deepest oceans of many bits and ladders!

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #231 of 605
Who's mind was I reading? :blink:

Come on SS Gustard. Let's steer a course, away from streams, towards the deepest oceans of many bits and ladders!

I was responding to Flysweep. Sorry, if it wasn't clear.

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #232 of 605

Who's mind was I reading? 
blink.gif

+1111 .
Gustard could being making something multibit at a decent price. Also interested in any portable DAC/Amp they bring out but they could brand themselves differently for the international market and keep the custard for China....anyway,waiting patiently for the balanced amp in the works.... :wink:

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #233 of 605

+1111 .
Gustard could being making something multibit at a decent price. Also interested in any portable DAC/Amp they bring out but they could brand themselves differently for the international market and keep the custard for China....anyway,waiting patiently for the balanced amp in the works.... :wink:

Yes, they could...

edit: btw, meeting the Gustard guys next week. They'll be happy to hear the wishlist.

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #234 of 605
Yes, they could...

edit: btw, meeting the Gustard guys next week. They'll be happy to hear the wishlist.

cough* Balanced R2R DAC* cough
:grinning:

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #235 of 605
Jun 18, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #236 of 605

Yes, they could...

If they can bring a **great** multi-bit DAC to market at a reasonable price, I'd lose my mind.. the Yggy will never be something I can afford, so Schiit's trickle down is something myself (and virtually everyone else) is looking forward to.. but being one of/the pioneering H10 swabbie, Gustard gets a shot at my wallet first!

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #237 of 605
Jun 18, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #238 of 605
Sorry; I guess I forgot my place :frowning2:

LOL. No worries mate.

Since using Audio-gd DAC-19, I barely use my NFB-1 since I like the strengths of DAC-19 more than NFB-1 but the balanced R2R DAC of Audio-gd is quite expensive and hence hoping Gustard would jump into the R2R ship. Since you've asked what I like about the R2R, I will highlight what I find good with DAC-19 and what I found good with NFB-1

DAC-19: fuller and more natural tone, less sibilant, seems very quiet/clearer, bigger (though mussier) bass
NFB-1: better dynamics, more airy, seems more extended on the highs, seems to have bigger soundstage

wink.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #240 of 605
And for those who would order from Taobao: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.10.pcYWdM&id=520159383364&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail 

In the bottom there is the international price guide for resellers: US$899 for X20, US$966 for X20U

Users who are viewing this thread

Back