Gun-Fi
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,531 of 1,730
Here is my AR pistol being made...
20130317_104508_zpse1b25eaa.jpg

20130317_103804_zps90443eaf.jpg

20130317_180640_zpsaedebd86.jpg

Still need to draw a logo for it in vector.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #1,532 of 1,730
Quote:

Looks like a Remington 700 in a McMillan Stock? I don't recognize the optics...Springfield maybe? 

What caliber? I used to shoot a similar rig in .308 for 300 and 600 meter competition. Had a custom barrel on it though, and most competitions were iron sites (had an anschutz peep site on the back). 

edit: or I could just click through to the flickr page and get all my questions answered. :D Do you shoot for fun, or since this is the tactical model - for work?

for fun. 
Gonna get it threaded for a muzzle break / suppressor when I move.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #1,533 of 1,730
Quote:

for fun. 
Gonna get it threaded for a muzzle break / suppressor when I move.

As audio geeks we are sort of obligated to get supressors right?  
size]

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,534 of 1,730
Quote:
As audio geeks we are sort of obligated to get supressors right?  
size]

Would if I could.  I live in Kalifornia, so suppressors are a no no here.  Never understood the rationale behind laws against suppressors.  If anything, they should be required by law for the general public, as it makes hand guns a lot more difficult to conceal. 

There's nothing like the taste of burnt powder when shooting dirty ammo with a can.  At least that was my last experience in Nevada.

Closest alternative is to use electronic ear muffs.  I have a pair of Howard Leight Impact Pro electronic ear muffs.  Otherwise, I actually use an old pair of Custom IEM's as ear plugs and double up with the Ear Muffs on top when in an indoor range.  But even with the Howard Leight Impact Pro's cranked all the way up, it's still pretty difficult to hear anything.  Plus the audio is completely unbalanced, and I tried multiple pairs of them, after the third one, I gave up and just chalked it up to their design.  Which kind of sucks, but they're a lot cheaper than MSA Sordin's.  Although I might eventually get a pair of those someday.

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,535 of 1,730
New member of the family:

Stoeger Condor O/U 12ga.

cool.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #1,536 of 1,730
Quote:
New member of the family:
Stoeger Condor O/U 12ga.

cool.gif

Nice!  Whenever I meet some who says the price of entry for clay shooting sports is too high I point them to Stoeger or a CZ Canvasback.  Great guns.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,537 of 1,730
Quote:

Would if I could.  I live in Kalifornia, so suppressors are a no no here.  Never understood the rationale behind laws against suppressors.  If anything, they should be required by law for the general public, as it makes hand guns a lot more difficult to conceal. 

I agree, it's so strange that they are restricted in any way.  They make the firearm much safer, which California claims is their goal, while also making it heavier and bigger.

That's what happens when the lawmakers primary source of information is movie and television on any subject.  They think it changes it from a hearing damaging "bang" to a quiet "poof"; whereas the reality it changes it from a hearing damaging "bang" to a loud but not hearing damaging "bang".  Nobody would ever mistake the sound of my AR with the suppressor on it as anything other than a gun being fired.

In famously gun hating France they are available over the counter with no paperwork.  While getting a gun is a huge hassle, supressors are just considered safety devices similar to ear plugs. 

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #1,538 of 1,730
Not a great picture but ever wanted to see an O/U shotgun with an integral supressor:

Guy was Italian.  Apparently not a completely unknown item there because of noise issues and population density.

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #1,541 of 1,730
Quote:

I agree, it's so strange that they are restricted in any way.  They make the firearm much safer, which California claims is their goal, while also making it heavier and bigger.

That's what happens when the lawmakers primary source of information is movie and television on any subject.  They think it changes it from a hearing damaging "bang" to a quiet "poof"; whereas the reality it changes it from a hearing damaging "bang" to a loud but not hearing damaging "bang".  Nobody would ever mistake the sound of my AR with the suppressor on it as anything other than a gun being fired.

In famously gun hating France they are available over the counter with no paperwork.  While getting a gun is a huge hassle, supressors are just considered safety devices similar to ear plugs. 

Probably from the same people who decided that any gun with a thumbhole in the stock is an "assault rifle" and needs additional restrictions. Nevermind that that's pretty much exclusively a competition rifle feature.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,543 of 1,730
To bring it back 'round to "gun-fi" instead of "gun politics" (which was my fault).

Here are some from my collection:

Long Guns (from top):
Ruger 10/22
Remington 870
Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
Smith & Wesson M&P 15-VTAC

Pistols (from top):
Ruger 22/45
Springfield 1911 TRP SS
Springfield XD45
Ruger LCP

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,545 of 1,730
You want gun collection pictures?  I got gun collection pictures:

Sig 226 SCT 9mm, Streamlight TLR-1

S&W 686+,. S&W 617 10-shot

Springfield Loaded Target 9mm, Kimber Custom Target II .45

S&W M&P9 FS, S&W M&P9 Pro 5"

Krieghoff K-80 Parcours Highland Game Scene I

Krieghoff K-80 Plantation Scroll

Perazzi MX-2000

And these are just the photos I've handy at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back