You want gun collection pictures?  I got gun collection pictures:

Sig 226 SCT 9mm, Streamlight TLR-1

S&W 686+,. S&W 617 10-shot

Springfield Loaded Target 9mm, Kimber Custom Target II .45

S&W M&P9 FS, S&W M&P9 Pro 5"

Krieghoff K-80 Parcours Highland Game Scene I

Krieghoff K-80 Plantation Scroll

Perazzi MX-2000

And these are just the photos I've handy at the moment.

Nice nice!

Do you compete with either of the Krieghoff's or stick with the Perazzi?

I've tried to "talk" myself into getting a revolver forever just to round out my collection.  However I've never enjoyed shooting revolvers; the grips universally annoy me and even in single action mode I'm a terrible shot with them.

Oh and for others who might not know.  The difference between my partial collection photo and the set leftnose posted would similar to me posting a picture of a Mazda Miata and him saying "Nice Miata, here's a picture of my three Ferrari's" (but in a non-jerky way).

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #1,547 of 1,730
Yeah, I shot that Perazzi for 10 years as my main competition gun (I still have it).  Then switched to the Plantation Scroll K-80 and shot that for 3 years and I just got the Highland Game Scene K-80 about three weeks ago.  I haven't shoot a tournament with it yet but I plan to do so.

That's only a small portion of my gun collection.  I don't have the rest hosted online anywhere.

Yes, I have a problem.  :p

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #1,549 of 1,730
I really like firearms in general, but i cant afford to shoot them.  a box of .45 is $22 and it only takes about 7 minutes to burn through that.  I switched to a hoyt compound bow.  I can shoot all day, and still have my arrows afterwards :)    plus its exercise to keep my arms ripped, haha

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #1,551 of 1,730
Or time to learn to reload (or get a .22LR conversion barrel for casual plinking and fun)

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,552 of 1,730
Quote:
Or time to learn to reload (or get a .22LR conversion barrel for casual plinking and fun)

Even "cheap" .22lr is tough to find these days.  I have four .22lr's including an AR and 1911 "style" models but have been scared to use what little ammo I have.

Reloading is definitely the way to go in times like these.  It's too bad reloading bores me to death.  A friend of mine has a super high end reloading rig setup which makes it very "easy" and quick but still I find my mind wandering immediately; I'd hate to blow up one of my guns just because I stopped paying attention while making ammo.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,553 of 1,730
Quote:
I really like firearms in general, but i cant afford to shoot them.  a box of .45 is $22 and it only takes about 7 minutes to burn through that.  I switched to a hoyt compound bow.  I can shoot all day, and still have my arrows afterwards :)    plus its exercise to keep my arms ripped, haha

Buy a cheap over/under 12g shotgun and start busting clays!  12g birdshot has been easy to find consistently, has not gone up in price more than a buck or two, and Sporting Clays is the best competitive sport in the world (after sailing).

I can't think of a better way to spend a warm spring day than busting clays with friends.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #1,554 of 1,730
Quote:

Great option, assuming your local shooting range doesn't frown upon "range chickens."
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,556 of 1,730
I've heard the term "range chickens" to refer to the people who walk around picking up casings to reload, like chickens walk around picking up feed, not people who shoot .22's. I haven't heard of range's that will be that upset at you for collecting casings, but you might invite a fair amount of ridicule.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #1,557 of 1,730
Quote:
I've heard the term "range chickens" to refer to the people who walk around picking up casings to reload, like chickens walk around picking up feed, not people who shoot .22's. I haven't heard of range's that will be that upset at you for collecting casings, but you might invite a fair amount of ridicule.

There is a regular guy who does that at one of the outdoor ranges I frequent. I actually got mad and told him to keep a distance. He was walking right up behind me and grabbing the brass as I was shooting...uneasy is putting it mildly.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #1,558 of 1,730
Quote:

Buy a cheap over/under 12g shotgun and start busting clays!  12g birdshot has been easy to find consistently, has not gone up in price more than a buck or two, and Sporting Clays is the best competitive sport in the world (after sailing).

I can't think of a better way to spend a warm spring day than busting clays with friends.

I did this exact thing just recently. Posted pics here a page or two back.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,559 of 1,730
Quote:
There is a regular guy who does that at one of the outdoor ranges I frequent. I actually got mad and told him to keep a distance. He was walking right up behind me and grabbing the brass as I was shooting...uneasy is putting it mildly.

That's a pretty extreme case, I wouldn't expect people to go into other lanes to collect brass. I'd be pretty annoyed, too...

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #1,560 of 1,730
I've actually been enjoying using a .22 cal high powered air rifle recently. Accurate, cheap as dirt to shoot. It makes a good lost in the woods rifle (though a little heavy). 300 shots fit in an altoids tin, and if you can aim, it will easily take down anything smaller than a fox for eating. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back