Gun-Fi
Sep 18, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #1,336 of 1,730
Had it for a few weeks now.  Interesting little thing.

6161525854_720cd823f7_z.jpg

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,338 of 1,730
I recently traded my Beretta 92FS Inox (9mm) and went to a plain Glock model 19. I have found that for me, the Glock is much easier to be accurate with. I'm not saying either is more accurate than the other, just that my groupings are much tighter with the Glock than they were with the Beretta. And here is a great find that someone turned me on to. I was buying Federal ammo at Walmart for 10.47 USD per box. (115 grain, FMJ)  Here is a case of RWS ammo (9mm 124 grain FMJ) for 189.99 USD, which works out to 9.45 per box. Of course, it isn't just about price. My friend gave me a box to try. It is *very* clean, and the casings are quality brass suitable for reload. I had no misfires or jams, and others have all good things to say. That's a very good price, at least up here in the northeastern part of the US.

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #1,339 of 1,730

Quote:
I recently traded my Beretta 92FS Inox (9mm) and went to a plain Glock model 19. I have found that for me, the Glock is much easier to be accurate with. I'm not saying either is more accurate than the other, just that my groupings are much tighter with the Glock than they were with the Beretta.

You won't say it?  Fine, I'll say it.  The Beretta 92 is a PoS!  IMO one of the worst US issued firearms ever.  Probably the worst design you could have picked for exposure to Arab sand too.  To balance things out I'll say at least it's not some Norinco.  

The Glock 19 is nice but it's going to a friend once I get a 1911.  My USP is better than the 19 but it has it's quirks.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #1,340 of 1,730

Quote:
You won't say it?  Fine, I'll say it.  The Beretta 92 is a PoS!  IMO one of the worst US issued firearms ever.  Probably the worst design you could have picked for exposure to Arab sand too.  To balance things out I'll say at least it's not some Norinco.  

The Glock 19 is nice but it's going to a friend once I get a 1911.  My USP is better than the 19 but it has it's quirks.

Lol. I really like the Glock. Some of the Kimber 1911's are just beautiful to look at. I haven't had a chance to try one though. Probably better that way, lest I spend even more money. (This site cost me about $750 this week - $400 on a TTVJ Slim amp and $350 for Sennheiser HD-650's!)

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #1,341 of 1,730
Huh. I had a 92FS for several years and never had a problem with it. One made before some parts were replaced with plastic, I should add.

On the other hand, I never used it as a duty weapon out in the desert. It mostly went to ranges and was field stripped and cleaned between a couple hundred rounds. I probably put at least 5k rounds through it. Reliable and accurate.

But I won't second-guess men in the field. Their conditions aren't quite what I'm used to and I don't doubt them.

I considered buying another, but the plastic parts are not acceptable and I have come to prefer the .45 ACP.

Sep 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #1,343 of 1,730
Things haven't been right at Glock ever since the Gen 4 changeover. The .40S&W models seem to function correctly, but it's been a long sequence of issues with extractors and recoil assemblies on the 9mm variants. Couldn't have happened at a worse time either with the market success of the S&W M&P.

The only issue I've had with RWS ammunition is that the jacket is copper plated mild steel. Makes it a no go for a lot of ranges around here.

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #1,345 of 1,730

Agreed - which is why I located a Gen 3 model when I got it, about 6 months ago. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote:
Things haven't been right at Glock ever since the Gen 4 changeover. The .40S&W models seem to function correctly, but it's been a long sequence of issues with extractors and recoil assemblies on the 9mm variants. Couldn't have happened at a worse time either with the market success of the S&W M&P.

The only issue I've had with RWS ammunition is that the jacket is copper plated mild steel. Makes it a no go for a lot of ranges around here.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #1,346 of 1,730

Quote:
Nice, a functional piece of history. I had a German made PPK/S bought in the early 70's, when the PPK was restricted from import by the GCA '68, and before Walther began U.S. production. The PPK/S is a PPK slide on a PP frame.

I really enjoyed the PPK/s too.  The grip is more comfortable in my hand.  Only reason I went with my ppk is the size & weight are more suited for carrying on myself.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #1,347 of 1,730
Hey guys, I have a question.

My Walther PPK has a horizontal adjustable rear sight.
I think the sight was moved too much, and now it fits in very loosely.  Almost at the point where it won't stay put.

Do you have any suggestions for fixing this?

Ideally I would like to make it harder to move, but not sure what to use.  The spacing seems too small for a shim.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sep 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #1,350 of 1,730

Quote:
Hey guys, I have a question.

My Walther PPK has a horizontal adjustable rear sight.
I think the sight was moved too much, and now it fits in very loosely.  Almost at the point where it won't stay put.

Do you have any suggestions for fixing this?

Ideally I would like to make it harder to move, but not sure what to use.  The spacing seems too small for a shim.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

The usual procedure is to peen the bearing surface with a center punch, moving metal outwards for a good friction fit. The slide should be properly supported for sight removal and reinstallation---preferably with a brass punch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back