Gun-Fi
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #1,367 of 1,730
recurve bow for me, no iron sights, scope, peep sights

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #1,368 of 1,730
Tried the p238 today.  Very comfortable to shoot compared to my PPK which bites into my hand.  I could shoot the p238 all day.  Trigger is no where near as nice as the PPK, but oh well.  Sights work nice.

I think it has replaced the PPK as my carry gun.

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #1,369 of 1,730
I've been selling off most of my headphones as I live in my own house now and have been using a speaker system.  I'm not abandoning Head-Fi as I still like to read about developments for portables.  That said, the money that's coming in from headphones is buying me some nice new guns!

Springfield Loaded Target in 9mm:

Since this pic was taken, I've added a magwell, changed the grips, and painted the front sight:

I've got at my FFL right now as well a S&W M&P9 FS and a SIG 229 German which I probably won't be able to pick up until Saturday but that should be it for now!

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #1,370 of 1,730
I had a Sig P238, and thought it was a great little pistol (sort of a mini 1911)... brought it to the range, and it shot like a dream... accurate, little recoil, etc.. Yet, in the end, I wasn't really comfortable with a SA for CC, so I sold it.

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #1,371 of 1,730

Quote:
I had a Sig P238, and thought it was a great little pistol (sort of a mini 1911)... brought it to the range, and it shot like a dream... accurate, little recoil, etc.. Yet, in the end, I wasn't really comfortable with a SA for CC, so I sold it.

Yea, the 'cocked and locked' doesn't bother me that much.

The safety switch is firm enough that I'm not afraid of it switching off when holstered.

I really wish it had a decocking lever though!

Oct 26, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #1,372 of 1,730

Quote:

The safety switch is firm enough that I'm not afraid of it switching off when holstered.

Yeah, not gonna happen on those 1911 designs.  Definitely psychological and training adjustment necessary.  

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #1,373 of 1,730
When Neo went to rescue Morpheus he wanted "Guns, lots of Guns" Apparently being The One isn't much without an MP5.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70vcs3oV14[/VIDEO]

Here is my '93 .44 mag Ruger Vaquero.

Oct 27, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #1,374 of 1,730

Quote:

Yeah, probably just a psychological thing... thought I'd be comfortable with just snicking off the safety, but couldn't stop thinking about it... I ended up getting an LCP for everyday pocket carry. (Okay, I'm a wuss!) :wink:

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #1,376 of 1,730

Quote:
Been away from here for awhile, and haven't been doing much acquiring on account of being in graduate school, but I do have one new addition down here with me to share:

Kahr PM9. Cute little bugger. Kinda beats the everloving snot out of your hand though. Not really a daily shooter, but oh-so-nice to carry.

Aren'
t these nice pistols?  Mine has a very smooth trigger pull and even handles heavy 9mm+ comfortably.
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #1,377 of 1,730

Quote:
a muzzle break just redirects the gas to the sides instead of back.  It's not a supressor, it actually makes things louder.

Are you familiar with the Vais line of muzzle brakes?  Very effective in allowing you to spot your own hits and shooters bedise me on the line say it's no louder to them than an un-braked rifle.  There's a small chamber inside the back where it screws on that allows gases to access the longitudinal holes ahead of when the gases get to the transverse drillings.  I really like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back