Gun-Fi
Aug 16, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #1,321 of 1,730
Here's a 6mmBR I just built.  Savage Target Action, Shilen Select Match 30" Barrel, McRees Precision Stock and a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 Scope.  Best group so far is .219", but still experimenting with various handloads.

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #1,324 of 1,730

Quote:
Too lazy to drag the long guns out, but here're a few of the handguns. Faves in the group are the USP .40 and S&W 908.

GIF_1.jpg

I like the revolver. :)

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #1,325 of 1,730
Boy oh boy!
A local gun club had an open house today, and Savage guns brought along rifles to try out. 

I got to try a .223 and had a lot of fun.  That was my first time firing a rifle. 

They also had a 338 with a muzzle break (?) on it.
My god!  Anywhere within 15 feet of that thing and it felt like it punched you each time it fired!  Loud as hell too.

moz-screenshot.png
110ba.png

The guys who fired it said it didn't have that much kick because of the muzzle break (suppressor?).  They also said each round was about 3$.  wow

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #1,327 of 1,730

Quote:
a muzzle break just redirects the gas to the sides instead of back.  It's not a supressor, it actually makes things louder.

Thank you.  I was not sure.

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,328 of 1,730
A friend just sent me this:

(Account from a Kansas State Trooper)

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on US

166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her

driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance

The lady took out  the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal

carry permit. I looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her

possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had .45 automatic in her glove box.

Something, body language, or the way she said it made me want to ask if

she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in

her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all, she responded once again she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.

I then asked her what was she so afraid of?

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a darn thing!"

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #1,329 of 1,730

Quote:
A friend just sent me this:

(Account from a Kansas State Trooper)

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on US

166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her

driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance

The lady took out  the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal

carry permit. I looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her

possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had .45 automatic in her glove box.

Something, body language, or the way she said it made me want to ask if

she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in

her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all, she responded once again she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.

I then asked her what was she so afraid of?

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a darn thing!"

If the officer searched her bag, he would have found a taser. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #1,331 of 1,730

Quote:
Here's a 6mmBR I just built.  Savage Target Action, Shilen Select Match 30" Barrel, McRees Precision Stock and a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20 Scope.  Best group so far is .219", but still experimenting with various handloads.

Zeiss Conquest are a *great* value, aren't they? I had a 3x9 on a 30-06 Sako 75 Finnlight, both of which were sold a couple of years ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back