Gun-Fi
May 15, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #887 of 1,730
Great purchase tyrion. Dan Wesson builds an outstanding line of 1911s at reasonable prices. The CBOB alternates with a Glock 36 as my daily carry piece. (Yeah, I know its apples and oranges, but they are both super reliable.)

May 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #888 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice CBOB.

You should get a set of Esmeralda's for it: http://esmeralda.cc/

Quote:

Originally Posted by wareagle69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great purchase tyrion. Dan Wesson builds an outstanding line of 1911s at reasonable prices. The CBOB alternates with a Glock 36 as my daily carry piece. (Yeah, I know its apples and oranges, but they are both super reliable.)

Thanks. It was recommended to me by MexicanDragon and boomana, I believe. I shoot well with it and with the Milt Sparks IWB holster grawk sent me to try out, it conceals pretty well with my shirt not tucked in. I am thinking of picking up a Kahr PM9 for days when I choose to carry but have to tuck my shirt in. I'm waiting for one to show up used locally or for my local shop to get one in.

May 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #889 of 1,730
I carry the Ed Brown Executive Commander which looks very similar to yours and it is a great carry gun. So easy to conceal.

Mike, I assume you have a proper gun belt. Carrying a 1911 with a good holster and a proper belt makes for an easy conceal. I get mine from the Belt Man.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I actually think the belt is more important than the holster as the difference between a good holster and a bad holster is not as big as the difference between a department store belt and a gun belt.

Ed.jpg

May 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #890 of 1,730
Jeff, your Ed Brown could be the twin of my gun, except for a few dollars more. The DW CBOB has a bunch of Ed Brown parts so I guess this shouldn't be a shock.

I will be ordering a couple of belts from the Belt Man as soon as I can measure. Thanks.

May 16, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #891 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking of picking up a Kahr PM9 for days when I choose to carry but have to tuck my shirt in. I'm waiting for one to show up used locally or for my local shop to get one in.

PM9s are keepers. Well designed as practical firearms, mechanically reliable, and particularly suited to their niche purpose.
wink_face.gif

May 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #892 of 1,730
That milt sparks holster is obviously my favorite. It's relatively belt agnostic, as you're clipping the holster to your waistband, and then using the belt to support it. It's the W6DT using the Alessi talon clips.

May 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #893 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That milt sparks holster is obviously my favorite. It's relatively belt agnostic, as you're clipping the holster to your waistband, and then using the belt to support it. It's the W6DT using the Alessi talon clips.

That's true, it does clip to the waistband as well. It doesn't look like he sells your model any longer. I may give one of his other IWB holsters a try.

May 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #895 of 1,730
Shot a USPSA match (production class) today with a sub compact XD40. I'm hooked. My only goal was not to get DQ'ed. I succeeded. Also got to covet some beautiful race guns. Anyone else shoot competitions like this. The practical part of USPSA was eye-openingly true compared to plinking at the range.

Beginning of next month I shoot my first F-class 600yd match. I'm a twitch excited about that one.

May 18, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #896 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I carry the Ed Brown Executive Commander which looks very similar to yours and it is a great carry gun. So easy to conceal.

Mike, I assume you have a proper gun belt. Carrying a 1911 with a good holster and a proper belt makes for an easy conceal. I get mine from the Belt Man.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

I actually think the belt is more important than the holster as the difference between a good holster and a bad holster is not as big as the difference between a department store belt and a gun belt.

Ed.jpg

Very nice! I just added a pristine original Colt 10MM Delta Elite to my collection.

May 18, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #897 of 1,730
Hey guys, I'm hoping to go to a shooting range over the summer and fire some shotguns and maybe some pistols (even though I'm under 21). What's the average price of partaking in such an activity, or does it vary wildly (i.e. how much ammo you use, how long you plan to use it, etc.)?

May 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #898 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I'm hoping to go to a shooting range over the summer and fire some shotguns and maybe some pistols (even though I'm under 21). What's the average price of partaking in such an activity, or does it vary wildly (i.e. how much ammo you use, how long you plan to use it, etc.)?

Ammunition is very scarce and expensive right now for the common calibers (9mm .40 .45). You don't them though. .22LR is very cheap and still available (here at least). If possible find an outdoor range with trap throwers, even if you have to travel further. Target shotgun loads are also cheap and available. Shooting clays is a kick. I think the last 500 .22 I bought was about $15 and it's about $25 for 100 target shogun loads. Range fees are going to vary.

May 18, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #899 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice! I just added a pristine original Colt 10MM Delta Elite to my collection.

I have an Elite also. I load my own 10mm and find with certain loads it functions flawlessly while with many commercial brand bullets in can be hit or miss.

May 18, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #900 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ammunition is very scarce and expensive right now for the common calibers (9mm .40 .45). You don't them though. .22LR is very cheap and still available (here at least). If possible find an outdoor range with trap throwers, even if you have to travel further. Target shotgun loads are also cheap and available. Shooting clays is a kick. I think the last 500 .22 I bought was about $15 and it's about $25 for 100 target shogun loads. Range fees are going to vary.

$25 for 100 seems like a decent price. I was expecting something higher, up to $50. I didn't understand some of those terms, so I guess I'll be going onto Google and calling around to see what they have to offer. Thanks for the reply.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back