Gun-Fi
Jun 19, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #917 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathisia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am new gun owner and really enjoy the chances I can get to the range (or find ammo...).

My first handgun was a Bersa Thunder .380 which I quickly traded for a Glock 19 since I regretted not getting one as soon as I came home with the Bersa :

DSC01160.jpg

Then I got the Glock 19, my baby :

DSC01162.jpg

I am going to look at getting a Nagant M1895 7.62mm revolver and then I will probably be done buying handguns for a while.

I have seen the Nagant revolver at aimsurplus.com for 80.00
biggrin.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #920 of 1,730
Last year I bought my first gun. I thought I would get one gun for home defense.

Now a year later, I just counted the guns in my safe and added them up. It's about $12,000 worth of guns. How the hell did this happen?

Jun 19, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #921 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by wotblake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now a year later, I just counted the guns in my safe and added them up. It's about $12,000 worth of guns. How the hell did this happen?

You're lucky you still only have one safe! Guns are very much like headphones or any other collectible, once you've spent $xyz on a gun, it's easy to spend that much again and slowly your tolerance creeps up!

As an aside, you might want to look into getting a special insurance policy for your guns. Most homeowner policies have caps on coverage for guns and gun theft is not uncommon. My grandparents' home was broken into when my father still lived there; the thieves walked from one end of the house past everything valuable including my grandmother's jewelry and took only the guns.

Jun 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #922 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As an aside, you might want to look into getting a special insurance policy for your guns. Most homeowner policies have caps on coverage for guns and gun theft is not uncommon.

Good idea. If you are a member (or join) the NRA, you will get a measure of firearms theft insurance as part of your member benefits. You can up the limit for payment of an additional premium. Lots of gun owners do not wish to give a detailed list of their firearms to their homeowners insurer.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #923 of 1,730
Another problem I have with guns is every time I sell one I wish I hadn't a month later.

With ammo so high now, I barely ever shoot my guns. I mostly just pull them out of the safe and look at them. haha

Jun 20, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #924 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by wotblake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another problem I have with guns is every time I sell one I wish I hadn't a month later.

With ammo so high now, I barely ever shoot my guns. I mostly just pull them out of the safe and look at them. haha

Buyer's Remorse: I know it well.
icon10.gif
However, there have been some guns that I was really, really, really happy to unload/sell.

Please remember that you have a Constitutional Obligation to get out to the range with your gun(s) at least once a month and 1) be away from everything else in your life, and 2) SHOOTSHOOTSHOOT!! You will be a better person (and citizen) for it. Even just following the Four Rules improves mindfulness.
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #926 of 1,730
Nice to see other recreational shooters here. My prized possession is a 1968 Al Weber custom .222 Rem benchrest rifle. It's like a single shot Remington 40x with a Zeiss Conquest 6-20x mildot scope. Kind of a classic LP player tube stage of rifles.

I hope that reloading supplies will get cheaper later on this year. My meager stash of small rifle primers are worth more than my compact 1911. I hardly even use my .22lr CZ 427 rifle now that prices are so astronomically high.

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #927 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigrigdog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see other recreational shooters here. My prized possession is a 1968 Al Weber custom .222 Rem benchrest rifle. It's like a single shot Remington 40x with a Zeiss Conquest 6-20x mildot scope. Kind of a classic LP player tube stage of rifles.

I hope that reloading supplies will get cheaper later on this year. My meager stash of small rifle primers are worth more than my compact 1911. I hardly even use my .22lr CZ 427 rifle now that prices are so astronomically high.

Welcome. My .25-06 Remington 700 is also out of 1968; one of the first production .25-06. And I own and shoot more than a dozen guns older than that. Puts me in touch. I'm still sitting on more decade old ammunition and components than I can get out to shoot; better that than the alternative.

Ammunition prices are only exorbitant; astronomical is closer to the range of scientific notation where we may begin to see the hand of God, within and without. So get out and shoot!
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #928 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talking about compact size, i really like Sig Sauer P250

P250-C-N-detail-L.jpg

P250c9-detail-dig-camo-L.jpg

P250-Tact-detail-L.jpg

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

NICE!! I love SIGs- Never seen this model before, always wanted a Sig Pro..A supressor would be nice with the urban digi cam pattern

Jul 3, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #930 of 1,730
Hey I don't know if anyone is interested but I am selling off my EOtech 516, I can give you a great price. Have all forms ect... Lemme know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back