GS Audio Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #1,201 of 1,414
Iphone 6S lightening adapter.
Thank you.
Have you tried with different sources? The Apple adapter may be current limited with the all-BA IEM that can be demanding for transient power.

(I was recently amazed how capable the Apple USB dongle can be, but I have never seen its explicit limitations, and I tried my best asking in the "science forum" here).

Dec 14, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,202 of 1,414
Thank you.
Have you tried with different sources? The Apple adapter may be current limited with the all-BA IEM that can be demanding for transient power.

(I was recently amazed how capable the Apple USB dongle can be, but I have never seen its explicit limitations, and I tried my best asking in the "science forum" here).
I also tried the 9038S and M8. GT12X is super easy to drive.

Dec 14, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #1,203 of 1,414
I also tried the 9038S and M8. GT12X is super easy to drive.
Would M8 and 9038S give the same frequency changes, as you reported.
("Easy to drive based on voltage, arguably hardly the case for the current)

Dec 15, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #1,205 of 1,414
gt12x.jpggt12x2.jpg

Mine arrived today. Interesting tuning decision by GS Audio..

It has smooth, warm and darkish tonality as you can see above.

gt12x4.jpg

Tried 20ohm resistor..

gt12x3.jpg

Not sure if I like it more, but I will keep listening and try other DAPs.
That 20ohm graph is solid. Wishing it peaks at 3k instead of 1.8k though.

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #1,206 of 1,414
Well, damn, I love the regular GT12, this looks very interesting, and pretty, love the wood look. Any reported changes in the sound?
The gt12 has ended up being better than the gt12x I think unless you like a warmer/smoother sound with less treble.

@LegendaryDuelist I noticed you have the timeless 7hz in your sign. Both iems fit the same price bracket, so I'm curious which one you like more of the two. Would love to hear a comparison review from you.

Hi, has anyone yet compared the ST8B to the Anole VX? If not, would anyone be able to do so... For science! :)

Of course, not expecting it to reach the VX but curious to know how close or far away it gets. :)
IMG_20211101_112256.jpg
I'm responding late and you may have already figured this out from one if my more resent replies here but the gt12 non x is tuned and graphs almost the same as the st8b so you can just compare the gt12 to the anole on tg37x's squig. I think he had both there.

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #1,207 of 1,414
The gt12 has ended up being better than the gt12x I think unless you like a warmer/smoother sound with less treble.

@LegendaryDuelist I noticed you have the timeless 7hz in your sign. Both iems fit the same price bracket, so I'm curious which one you like more of the two. Would love to hear a comparison review from you.

I'm responding late and you may have already figured this out from one if my more resent replies here but the gt12 non x is tuned and graphs almost the same as the st8b so you can just compare the gt12 to the anole on tg37x's squig. I think he had both there.
Sure, I can do a comparison, but in advance, I can tell you that the gt12 gets more listening time from me, sounds very good with my library which is mainly composed of jpop and metal.

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #1,208 of 1,414
@tfaduh I was wrong, but here's as close of a comparison as you'll get. Just note this is only accurate if both FD7 are the same and if all iems here were measured at the same insertion depth, spl, etc, which they probably arent, but it should be close enough to give you an idea:
graph (18).png

graph (19).png

Sure, I can do a comparison, but in advance, I can tell you that the gt12 gets more listening time from me, sounds very good with my library which is mainly composed of jpop and metal.
Thanks! Looking forward to this. I listen to metal but not any kpop. I do listen to a lot of hiphop, pop, rnb, indie, etc so that should be close enough anyways. Im interested to hear why you use your gt12 more.

Dec 17, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #1,209 of 1,414
@tfaduh I was wrong, but here's as close of a comparison as you'll get. Just note this is only accurate if both FD7 are the same and if all iems here were measured at the same insertion depth, spl, etc, which they probably arent, but it should be close enough to give you an idea:
graph (18).png
graph (19).png

Thanks! Looking forward to this. I listen to metal but not any kpop. I do listen to a lot of hiphop, pop, rnb, indie, etc so that should be close enough anyways. Im interested to hear why you use your gt12 more.
Thanks for the follow up!

Dec 18, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #1,210 of 1,414
Hey hello there, greetings from Brazil.

Already got some very good pairs like Blon BL-03, Hidizs Seeds and Moondrop Aria, other than some dirty cheapo KZ and KZ-esque stuff I gave away. (KZ EDX is decent, tho, fite me LOL)

But something was itching on me, mostly of all I got was basically metal shell, single DD IEMs, and I was curious about a different tuning and driver setup, and what could be the next hype train. Didn't had the chance to try planars yet, so I still wanted something different from what I had anyway.

Well, you guys managed to convince me, and after watching some video reviews (Vortex and Akros, mostly) and RikudouGoku's review, I decided to give a try on GS Audio, I took the GD3A first and asked for some customization too. Now I'm patiently waiting for it. Even if the sound isn't what I expect, it will be a pretty decent IEM to admire, hehe.

I skimmed thru most of this thread and really found this brand and entire proposal enticing. A big shoutout to the guys here, it's an awesome thread I expect to collaborate with. The possibilities are limitless and there's a lot of fun to be had here with IEMs and the brand. The representatives are awesome, by the way. I would recommend the brand on them alone, kudos for them!

Gonna write some reviews in both English and Portuguese once it arrives. It's already on my country, but might take up to two weeks to arrive since it's far south from where I live but this country is huge and delivery system is kinda slow.

(I will additionally ask permission from @mndless to use parts of the OP text to explain more about the brand in the review, with due credits, of course)

So this is it. Reviews coming... In the coming weeks. I hope you guys enjoy the Holydays and see y'all around!

Dec 19, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #1,211 of 1,414
received the model GD3B for the second time. This is probably my favorite model from this manufacturer: excellent deep accurate bass, warm mids and comfortable highs. After KZ this will be a WOW, recomended 👍😊
and in order to squeeze the maximum out of these headphones, I recommend replacing the cable

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #1,213 of 1,414
received the model GD3B for the second time. This is probably my favorite model from this manufacturer: excellent deep accurate bass, warm mids and comfortable highs. After KZ this will be a WOW, recomended 👍😊
and in order to squeeze the maximum out of these headphones, I recommend replacing the cable
Why replace the cable? Rikudougoku measured his stock cable from gs at around 0.14 ohms I'm pretty sure. As far as stock cables go, that's very very good. In fact that's better than most aftermarket ones too.

Dec 20, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #1,215 of 1,414
Why replace the cable? Rikudougoku measured his stock cable from gs at around 0.14 ohms I'm pretty sure. As far as stock cables go, that's very very good. In fact that's better than most aftermarket ones too.
spoils the sound by ear and lathers very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back