GS Audio Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #1,186 of 1,414
I just don't understand what the sound-tuner(engineer) expects to create such a sound. 🤔
Its for the people that like stuff like the Final Audio E series (E3000 & E5000).

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,187 of 1,414
GS Audio GT12x Impressions:
graph - 2021-12-10T182320.655.png

Bass: sub-bass rumble and extension arent that good, but there is some texture. Mid-bass texture is pretty good, is actually still on the tighter/faster side despite the quantity.

Mids: Female vocals lack brightness and clarity and is a bit recessed. Male vocal tonality is good but does lack clarity and detail.

Treble: Dark treble, not sharp at all and non-fatiguing. Does lack clarity and detail to me.

Overall: I had pretty high expectations of it and this definitely doesnt meet them. I can see some people liking this but it will be a niche rec at best.
Did you use stock tips? I found that I could not get a good seal with stock tips at all.

Dec 10, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #1,188 of 1,414
Did you use stock tips? I found that I could not get a good seal with stock tips at all.
I am using JVC spiral dots++. Stock tips basically never work for me.

Dec 13, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #1,190 of 1,414
I went out of my way to look for other iems in the discorvery thread and ended up stumbling on some (possibly) rebranded gsaudio stuff being marked up for $100 more.
I checked out hisenior, randomly clicked on one of their iems, the 6BA singa uiem as it borderlined the very top of my budget at $400.
First thing I thought was hey, these look like the same mold/shape as the gs audio stuff, but I didnt think anything of it cause a lot of iems look alike.
Then I thought, wow that graph is VERY familiar, it looked very much like the typical tuning gs audio uses for a lot of their all BA iems (I'm all too familiar with their graphs at this point).
So I thought to myself, its a 6 BA all sonion driver iem, was there any iem like that made by gsaudio? The ST6B immediately came to mind.

Look how similar these two are..
https://www.hisenior-iem.com/collections/in-ear-headphones-monitors-wireless-earbuds/products/singau
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005002696937968.html

Manufacturer graphs:
1639372151743.png
1639372215019.png

It's already known that gsaudio offers oem/odm so it would not surprise me if this Fe6-SINGA-U by hisenior is based off of gsaudio's ST6B, which you can get for much cheaper at $292.

Dec 13, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #1,191 of 1,414
I went out of my way to look for other iems in the discorvery thread and ended up stumbling on some (possibly) rebranded gsaudio stuff being marked up for $100 more.
Its a "little" bit different in the ultra-high roll off but other than that its pretty much identical!
I would not be surprised if gs was a manufacturer for MANY small & large developers but we will NEVER know because they will all be under a N.D.A😠!

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,193 of 1,414

Mine arrived today. Interesting tuning decision by GS Audio..

It has smooth, warm and darkish tonality as you can see above.

Tried 20ohm resistor..

Not sure if I like it more, but I will keep listening and try other DAPs.
How do you like it compared to the non-x gt12? Just on graph the gt12 looks a bit better. Does the gt12x at least maybe have less ba timbre, or better bass (since they are using a different mid bass driver)?

Also just realized the gt12 (non-x) is tuned almost the same as the ST8B. Not sure how I didn't notice until now.
Gallapago's st8b graph looked very similar to your gt12 graph on your squig I realized, so I went on GS audio's ig to see how they both measure on their rig and realized its very close to the same. See below:
1639458681214.png

1639458689128.png

I guess it's not surprising since they used the same driver series for each of the frequency divsions. Only real difference is that the st8b uses the better version 38 series bass driver, and uses real knowles twfks (albeit half as many) instead of the clone ones in the gt12 for mid/high frequencies.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #1,194 of 1,414

Yes! That is much more in line with what I thought I was hearing! Was questioning my own hearing on the iem after seeing goku's graph. I am someone who is extremely sensitive to errant peaks in the frequency response. Hd600 was shouty for me, and a new HD650 was too bright. I was extremely annoyed by the DT1990 8k peak as well. A HD650 after wear in with darker treble was just to my taste. Thank you for posting this graph! Saved me a lot of self-doubt haha.

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #1,195 of 1,414
How do you like it compared to the non-x gt12? Just on graph the gt12 looks a bit better. Does the gt12x at least maybe have less ba timbre, or better bass (since they are using a different mid bass driver)?

Also just realized the gt12 (non-x) is tuned almost the same as the ST8B. Not sure how I didn't notice until now.
Gallapago's st8b graph looked very similar to your gt12 graph on your squig I realized, so I went on GS audio's ig to see how they both measure on their rig and realized its very close to the same. See below:
1639458681214.png
1639458689128.png

I guess it's not surprising since they used the same driver series for each of the frequency divsions. Only real difference is that the st8b uses the better version 38 series bass driver, and uses real knowles twfks (albeit half as many) instead of the clone ones in the gt12 for mid/high frequencies.
liking the GT12x more.

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #1,196 of 1,414
Yes! That is much more in line with what I thought I was hearing! Was questioning my own hearing on the iem after seeing goku's graph. I am someone who is extremely sensitive to errant peaks in the frequency response. Hd600 was shouty for me, and a new HD650 was too bright. I was extremely annoyed by the DT1990 8k peak as well. A HD650 after wear in with darker treble was just to my taste. Thank you for posting this graph! Saved me a lot of self-doubt haha.
Shame. Wonder what happened with @RikudouGoku 's set and if that's an accurate representation of the GT12x. His graph was a real turn off for me.

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #1,197 of 1,414
Dec 14, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #1,198 of 1,414
GS Audio GT12X review https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/gs-audio-gt12x.25605/reviews#review-27501

Nothing like the graph they showed, a shame...
Having looked at the graph, we can already assume that not everything will be so good with the vocals, and the saturation of the middle frequencies and brightness is not worth it. However, I can assume that you need to listen to them for a long time, more than a week or even two, for the hearing to adapt. I had it like BGVP NS9 - they were also flat at first, and then they sounded. And stock cable a trash, for exmple: gs Audio gt4 + stock cable sounds very hars and mid oriented, after replacing a cable for a hybrig cuprum+silver, gt4 sounds very very different: bas become a detailed and deep, vocals more natural and overall neutral.

Waiting for my GT3a 2th pair(1th pair was saled) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back