GS Audio Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,156 of 1,414
My customized GD3A sounds a lot like this review of GD3B - could they have put the wrong earphone into the custom shells?
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/gs-audio-gd3b.25564/reviews#review-27333
No idea if the hardware is the same in them with a different tuning. But your impressions on it is completely different from everyone else´s opinion on the GD3A I have seen.

I paid 400$ for it (50$ extra for express shipping). Hopefully it will justify the price.
Too bad the delivery has been rescheduled for Sunday :slight_frown:
yeah, that is a steal.

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #1,158 of 1,414
No idea if the hardware is the same in them with a different tuning. But your impressions on it is completely different from everyone else´s opinion on the GD3A I have seen.

yeah, that is a steal.

My customized GD3A sounds a lot like this review of GD3B - could they have put the wrong earphone into the custom shells?
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/gs-audio-gd3b.25564/reviews#review-27333

I paid 400$ for it (50$ extra for express shipping). Hopefully it will justify the price.
Too bad the delivery has been rescheduled for Sunday :slight_frown:
Yes it's VERY strange! I'm wondering if it is the GD3B or even a faulty unit? Everyone has praised the GD3A it was what peeked my interest in GS-Audio in the first place! Also, "Tonytex" confirms its his new $100 benchmark and he is a VERY experienced reviewer who has reviewed & owns 90% of iem's under $300, he also owns 5 or 6 more expensive GS-Audio monitors and still says the GD3A is one of his favorite's! Check out his YouTube channe? He goes under the name "Akros" maybe you could have a chat with him or RikudouGoku to try and narrow down if its the GD3B or a faulty unit? although rare these things do happen, Tonytex's ST4 had an issue with one of the drivers which and he's waiting for a replacement.
Hope this helps?

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,159 of 1,414

Yes it's VERY strange! I'm wondering if it is the GD3B or even a faulty unit? Everyone has praised the GD3A it was what peeked my interest in GS-Audio in the first place! Also, "Tonytex" confirms its his new $100 benchmark and he is a VERY experienced reviewer who has reviewed & owns 90% of iem's under $300, he also owns 5 or 6 more expensive GS-Audio monitors and still says the GD3A is one of his favorite's! Check out his YouTube channe? He goes under the name "Akros" maybe you could have a chat with him or RikudouGoku to try and narrow down if its the GD3B or a faulty unit? although rare these things do happen, Tonytex's ST4 had an issue with one of the drivers which and he's waiting for a replacement.
Hope this helps?

I think these are really the only two options available - either they put GD3B in the custom shells by mistake, or my GD3A is broken - but there would have to be more than one driver faulty, because the entire frequency range sounds bad.

I'm going to ask GS Audio if they have any ideas on how to fix this. Not that I believe that they will do anything constructive (AliExpress is light years behind Amazon in this regard), but I think I should at least give them a chance before posting a highly negative review.

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #1,160 of 1,414
I think these are really the only two options available - either they put GD3B in the custom shells by mistake, or my GD3A is broken - but there would have to be more than one driver faulty, because the entire frequency range sounds bad.

I'm going to ask GS Audio if they have any ideas on how to fix this. Not that I believe that they will do anything constructive (AliExpress is light years behind Amazon in this regard), but I think I should at least give them a chance before posting a highly negative review.
Please reach out to them on AliExpress, their representatives are very helpful and really try to help.

Nov 25, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #1,161 of 1,414
GD3C will be vented and a new DD.
great, when the store just appeared, I immediately offered them this idea, but for some reason they then abandoned it. I think that the new DD cam will be how in new Fearless iems, by the way, they have already(maybe) bought one Fearless iems for consideration

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #1,162 of 1,414
great, when the store just appeared, I immediately offered them this idea, but for some reason they then abandoned it. I think that the new DD cam will be how in new Fearless iems, by the way, they have already(maybe) bought one Fearless iems for consideration
I'm reasonably certain that they're actually the OEM for Fearless Audio is GS Audio, so it would make sense that a decent chunk of their sets are derivative from Fearless Audio's products, just with slightly different tuning and some alternate driver selections to lower pricing further to be even more competitive. According to @Tonytex, the GD3A and Provence are very, very similar.

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #1,163 of 1,414
I'm reasonably certain that they're actually the OEM for Fearless Audio is GS Audio
GS Audio tell me - "no, we are do not make the new Fearless" :)
(hmmmm)

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #1,164 of 1,414
Perhaps they're not making new Fearless but they are definitely their OEM for Shangri-La, Provence etc. since they graph almost exactly the same from what I've seen.

graph (1).png
graph (2).png

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #1,165 of 1,414
Perhaps they're not making new Fearless but they are definitely their OEM for Shangri-La, Provence etc. since they graph almost exactly the same from what I've seen.

graph (1).png
graph (2).png
I was gonna argue that they dont even use the same drivers but I just checked and they both use sonion 23 series ba drivers for mids, so who knows. The other BA drivers pretty much undisclosed, someone should ask gs audio what drivers theyre using for treble cause ive never heard of these "colorful world" drivers that the shangrila uses. The mold/resin looks very much like what gs audio uses too, maybe it is manufactured by gs audio. Would be neat if the GD5 is a cheaper shangri-la.

Nov 26, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #1,166 of 1,414
GS Audio tell me - "no, we are do not make the new Fearless" :)
(hmmmm)
They probably cant mention that due to contracts. But a lot of factors point to them being the OEM for them. At the very least, the past models.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #1,167 of 1,414
Hope this helps?
Thank you for the words that concern me. Yes the 3A and 3B share the same DD and Sama BA....one only....the other is different and dictates the different sound....and yes the 3A is along with another yet to be released earphone the reference to go for at 100usd for a 1+2 hybrid.
It's a fantastic IEM, so much so I bought a second one....
The other really special hybrid is the XINHS 1+2 ..... amazing IEM also. Hopefully January it will be available.
There is also another hybrid that has gathered my attention.....the Tri Meteor......pretty special.....needs a little brake in/ brain burn .....but it's also special.

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,168 of 1,414
They probably cant mention that due to contracts. But a lot of factors point to them being the OEM for them. At the very least, the past models.
I expect that they can't disclose who they OEM for as part of an NDA in their contract. It's really common practice, especially when an OEM manufacturer decides to step out on their own to release products independently. I did reach out to them on facebook regarding the possibility of a single DD beryllium set and they did say that they've got a supplier for a beryllium driver and they've OEM-ed for a company to manufacture that kind of set before, so I'm really hoping that they decide to make that a reality. I'd love if they decided to make an even shallower shell design than the GD3A so it's even lower profile. It would mean that you're having to manhandle them by the cables to get them out of your ears, but it would be an ideal set to nap with. I'm very curious what kind of shell design they would use for such a set.

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #1,169 of 1,414
I've looked at a lot of graphs online to see if there was anything similarly tuned to the st8b or gt12x. Couldnt really find anything. Closest matches I found were the moondrop s8 for the gt12x, except the gt12x has a lot more sub bass, and the U12T for the st8b, except the st8b seems to have slightly less pinna gain. This is just from eyballing it, and guessing cause the way their iems graph on their own measurement tools tend to look a little different from the graphs others are getting with their own couplers then posting on their squigs. The S8 and I assume the U12T as well uses much more expensive drivers and be better implemented/designed so I don't expect the gs audio stuff to sound better but it would be interesting to see how they hold up in real life impressions.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,170 of 1,414
My experience is very close to what RikudouGoku described.
By purchasing the GD3A, I got exactly the sound I was striving for - dry fast textured bass, lively mids and bright highs without sibilance. Yes, the character of the bass is closer to the armature, which may come as a surprise to many.
In general, the sound is very similar to Massdrop Plus, but the edges are not so raised and there is no harshness on the vocals. And the landing for me is the best among the IEMs. In general, the sound is perceived to be almost smooth and balanced.
These are the best IEMs I've heard so far. I really appreciate the timbre accuracy, and here it is at a very high level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back