GS Audio Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #1,218 of 1,414
Well more and more I get the feeling the GT12X is not ticking the right boxes ....well at least what was expected / Intended by GS Audio.
I hope the two authors of the GT12X don't mind me using their graph to compare with mine.
The differences above 2k are frankly frustrating, some are total nonsense, with drivers out of phase like mine .. others smooth decay like tgx78....others apparently more energetic above 9k like Riku....and others like Vortex have bass rolled off, while it's actually quite nice up to about 6k and then seems to have BA attenuated or not working.
I'm not sure how QC is being handled but it's seems like hit or miss and that for me at least is frustrating.... firstly because I am an avid defender of GS Audio, all the sets I own being testament to me being a fan and it makes it a little hard to recommend without reservation a set when I am asked.
I want to end this little rant by saying that GS Audio has always been there for me.....they have been tireless in resolving any issue....big or small that I have had and that at least makes me feel reassured they are serious and commited to those that believe in them.
I will continue to rec GS Audio, especially they GD3A, GD5, GD7B, ST1.
They are all great sets and safe choices depending on what you looking for.
ST4 is a great set of you don't mind a little darker presentation, the bass and mids are excellent and a little PEQ will give that extra little sparkle it lacks.
GT12X I await my second set to arrive, and as for the other sets....GD3B, SD3...SD5...they are good but surpassed easily by the first I mentioned.
In 2022 I will definitely get a few more.... ST8B....one of the SE series, and hopefully these will be able to fulfill their expectations.

Attachments

• graph_-_2021-12-10T182320.655.png
    graph_-_2021-12-10T182320.655.png
    692.5 KB · Views: 0
  • gt12x.jpg
    gt12x.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211220_215704.jpg
    IMG_20211220_215704.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 0
  • graph - 2021-12-25T120213.853.png
    graph - 2021-12-25T120213.853.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 25, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,219 of 1,414
Speaking of their iems.

1640438137019.png

GD3C

Dec 25, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #1,220 of 1,414
Speaking of their iems.

1640438137019.png
GD3C
Niceeeee......should be out soon..yes?
Love than output above 10k
Should make for a very open sound, only thing that has me wondering is weather that energy at 4k to 5k might make female vocals too forward...maybe not as it maximum corresponds to the 40hz on the subbass and there is still a rise below that so it could give some attenuation/ masking of any excess energy / harshness higher up.

Dec 25, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,221 of 1,414
Niceeeee......should be out soon..yes?
Love than output above 10k
Should make for a very open sound, only thing that has me wondering is weather that energy at 4k to 5k might make female vocals too forward...maybe not as it maximum corresponds to the 40hz on the subbass and there is still a rise below that so it could give some attenuation/ masking of any excess energy / harshness higher up.
hopefully soon.

Dec 26, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #1,222 of 1,414
Speaking of their iems.

1640438137019.png
GD3C
Just a big reminder guys, their coupler graphs their iems a little different from your clone couplers. From all the graphs I've seen and compared to their manufacturer graphs the manufacturer graph always has a bit more gain from 4k and on. So this gd3c graph will probably look more normal once graphed by one of us on a iec711 clone.

Dec 26, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #1,223 of 1,414
by the way, I noticed that in model GD3B the speaker was turned over, and there is no click effect of the membrane when inserted into the ear:
Screenshot_20211226-204721_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211226-204737_Gallery.jpg

First model was 4 month ago, and v2 now i have

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #1,224 of 1,414
Well more and more I get the feeling the GT12X is not ticking the right boxes ....well at least what was expected / Intended by GS Audio.
I hope the two authors of the GT12X don't mind me using their graph to compare with mine.
The differences above 2k are frankly frustrating, some are total nonsense, with drivers out of phase like mine .. others smooth decay like tgx78....others apparently more energetic above 9k like Riku....and others like Vortex have bass rolled off, while it's actually quite nice up to about 6k and then seems to have BA attenuated or not working.
I'm not sure how QC is being handled but it's seems like hit or miss and that for me at least is frustrating.... firstly because I am an avid defender of GS Audio, all the sets I own being testament to me being a fan and it makes it a little hard to recommend without reservation a set when I am asked.
I want to end this little rant by saying that GS Audio has always been there for me.....they have been tireless in resolving any issue....big or small that I have had and that at least makes me feel reassured they are serious and commited to those that believe in them.
ST4 is a great set of you don't mind a little darker presentation, the bass and mids are excellent and a little PEQ will give that extra little sparkle it lacks.
GT12X I await my second set to arrive, and as for the other sets....GD3B, SD3...SD5...they are good but surpassed easily by the first I mentioned.
In 2022 I will definitely get a few more.... ST8B....one of the SE series, and hopefully these will be able to fulfill their expectations.
I have a feeling gt12x qc issues might stem from using getting a bad batch of clone drivers. Or rather they tuned and designed the gt12x without taking into account the clone drivers they use might be inconsistent so their first prototypes were probably fine so they didn't realize they might get some bad apples. Maybe someone can ask gs audio what happened and verify for us. Drivers being out of phase sounds like a REALLY bad issue, and can't possibly be have been the intended design/implemention.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to someone getting the st8b because the driver setup used is a very expensive one, that rivals the cost of iems that cost three times as much.. so if the implementation and design are very good these will be a killer set. They're also tuned/graph almost exactly like the gt12 (non-x) so if someone could get both we could finally have a true driver count vs driver quality comparison, something I've never actually seen done outside of theory with this close of a comparison. Outside of driver count and driver brand difference they even have the same driver configuration design consisting of 38 + 37 series bass + twfk mids/highs. On one side we have ppl saying bellsing and Knowles drivers sound the same, so if true the gt12 non x should sound better, then on the other side we have people saying driver count doesn't matter, it's the driver quality that matters more, which if true would mean the st8b is better. This is the perfect comparison to verify which claim is myth and which claim is fact because nobody can argue the difference of design or tuning since they're both tuned the same.. AND by the same manufacturer. @tgx78 @TheVortex or someone else make it happen? I'll love whoever actually tests this. <3 For you reviewers out there, this would make for a killer review piece since you'd possibly be the first to crack this myth and help a lot of us figure whether we should spend extra for genuine Knowles stuff, if it's all just the same or if it's the driver count that matters when all things outside of driver count and brand are equal cause everyone is always arguing it's the tuning/design implemention that matters, so we've never been able to answer what if they were the same?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,225 of 1,414
I have a feeling gt12x qc issues might stem from using getting a bad batch of clone drivers. Or rather they tuned and designed the gt12x without taking into account the clone drivers they use might be inconsistent so their first prototypes were probably fine so they didn't realize they might get some bad apples. Maybe someone can ask gs audio what happened and verify for us. Drivers being out of phase sounds like a REALLY bad issue, and can't possibly be have been the intended design/implemention.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to someone getting the st8b because the driver setup used is a very expensive one, that rivals the cost of iems that cost three times as much.. so if the implementation and design are very good these will be a killer set. They're also tuned/graph almost exactly like the gt12 (non-x) so if someone could get both we could finally have a true driver count vs driver quality comparison, something I've never actually seen done outside of theory with this close of a comparison. Outside of driver count and driver brand difference they even have the same driver configuration design consisting of 38 + 37 series bass + twfk mids/highs. On one side we have ppl saying bellsing and Knowles drivers sound the same, so if true the gt12 non x should sound better, then on the other side we have people saying driver count doesn't matter, it's the driver quality that matters more, which if true would mean the st8b is better. This is the perfect comparison to verify which claim is myth and which claim is fact because nobody can argue the difference of design or tuning since they're both tuned the same.. AND by the same manufacturer. @tgx78 @TheVortex or someone else make it happen? I'll love whoever actually tests this. <3 For you reviewers out there, this would make for a killer review piece since you'd possibly be the first to crack this myth and help a lot of us figure whether we should spend extra for genuine Knowles stuff, if it's all just the same or if it's the driver count that matters when all things outside of driver count and brand are equal cause everyone is always arguing it's the tuning/design implemention that matters, so we've never been able to answer what if they were the same?

I would like to see a all BA set with no Sonion or Knowles drivers used and I believe it can sound amazing. I will see if GS audio will try something for me lol.

So basically it will be tuned the best they can be with more affordable drivers.

Jan 3, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #1,226 of 1,414
that is, ST4 is better than all other GS Audio?

Jan 4, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,227 of 1,414
ST4 vs GT12X.jpg

Finally got my GT12X.... the properly working one.
Graphed against the ST4.... interesting
Sound wise I have only briefly listened to it ...but the following comes to mind....clean mid and vocal presentation.... balanced frequency ....could do with a little more bass quantity especially considering the hardware.

Jan 4, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #1,228 of 1,414
ST4 vs GT12X.jpg

Sound wise I have only briefly listened to it ...but the following comes to mind....clean mid and vocal presentation.... balanced frequency ....could do with a little more bass quantity especially considering the hardware.
Definitely wanted it to have at least 120db of subbbass 😅 , also some more treble after 10khz

Jan 4, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #1,229 of 1,414
ST4 vs GT12X.jpg

I really thought/hoped the X was gonna have plenty more bass than it has! Its definitely looking like the ST4 is for me but I'm just gonna wait to see how the GD3C turn's out and then make my decision?
Could you do me a favour and see how the ST4's High-Mids & Treble responds to EQ? The darkness is the ONLY thing that puts me off ST4 but if it responds well to EQ would probably make my mind up to pull the trigger? Also, i know its BA Bass but is it possible to get a mild rumble from ST4? Thanx in advance for the help its much appreciated and Happy New Year my friend👍

Jan 4, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #1,230 of 1,414
ST4 vs GT12X.jpg

That graph looks strange as heck. Maybe to do with the calibration of your coupler? Do you have a more popular iem to graph against that can be used as a baseline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back