GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,246 of 1,414
Jan 9, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #1,248 of 1,414
How could CCA/KZ sell the CRA for so cheap? Is there a catch (e.g. build quality, material, etc.)?
No clue tbh. The shell material is like other iems in this price range, but QC is TOTL class.

graph (8).png

graph (7).png

graph (6).png

graph (5).png

Jan 9, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #1,249 of 1,414
No clue tbh. The shell material is like other iems in this price range, but QC is TOTL class.

graph (8).png
graph (7).png
graph (6).png
graph (5).png
Are you sure you didn't secretly tune CRA and then sign a NDA? Lol

Jan 9, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #1,252 of 1,414
Are you sure you didn't secretly tune CRA and then sign a NDA? Lol
Haha, i am trying to get them to make a collab with my modded CRA though.

Jan 10, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #1,253 of 1,414
Haha, i am trying to get them to make a collab with my modded CRA though.
Why not your a great reviewer, active on many personal audio social media forums and a respected member on headfi so they should? But as you know its only about money so you need to have a place where you can get subscribers so that's you become an influencer( forgive me if you already have i wasn't sure) that's the only way you will get a collaboration with a big company like KZ/CCA!
Its ALL about the money and NOT how much you know, how does the old saying go
"Its not what you know, its who you know"
Having said that I wish you the best of luck and you definitely have my vote👍

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #1,254 of 1,414
I would also release my own modification, but it will not consist of another damper that will affect the entire frequency response, but, for example, redo the crossover - this will be much more effective. :)

Jan 10, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #1,255 of 1,414
I would also release my own modification, but it will not consist of another damper that will affect the entire frequency response, but, for example, redo the crossover - this will be much more effective. :)
Yes now your going VERY deep! Have you ever thought about doing a few prototypes? You can buy shells,BA & Dynamic Driver's, Cables etc.. on places like AliExpress these days and then design your own crossover's,sound tube's and other tuning internal's and see how you get on(again forgive me if you already have i wasn't sure)
And if it does turn out well you have something to show and pitch to these big companies?
Unfortunately unless you have plenty of money? working with these big companies is one of the only ways to get things to market and that's with anything not just technology!
Another old saying "you need money to make money"
A little story, just before Bob released B.C i pitched an idea to him? I'm a true basshead BUT love my mids & treble so iv had an idea for an Audiophile Basshead monitor for many years now which is?
We all know the two big difference's & strength's of BA Bass & Dynamic Bass? the former exellent attack & decay speed, control,great transients ect.. But Dynamic Drivers have fantastic extension,rumble, shorter decay bringing ambience to the music. So this means each one is better for different genres(I'm not gonna list them we all know)
Due to this people and audiophiles in particular have at least ones set of each to cover the different needs/genres? Well how about a monitor that has say
2 BA's for mids,2 BA's for highs & a couple EST for ultra highs and a Dynamic Driver for lows and a BA driver for lows BUT the BA & Dynamic drivers for lows cannot work at the same time, a switch would switch each one out, all the other drivers would work together but you would just change each Low Frequency driver from BA OR Dynamic , the best of both worlds and no more needing 2 or 3 different monitors?
Well going back to the point in question? Bob said it could work BUT bringing it to market would cost about £10.000 just for R&D and to end up with one finished sample monitor, then you have to find the money to manufacture how many hundred/thousand monitors to actually sell!
So i forgot about the idea LOL
Back to the old saying
"YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE MONEY"
But again, with all that said i wish you the best of luck if you was to take the leap and try👍🎶

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #1,256 of 1,414
Yes now your going VERY deep! Have you ever thought about doing a few prototypes? You can buy shells,BA & Dynamic Driver's, Cables etc.. on places like AliExpress these days and then design your own crossover's,sound tube's and other tuning internal's and see how you get on(again forgive me if you already have i wasn't sure)
And if it does turn out well you have something to show and pitch to these big companies?
Unfortunately unless you have plenty of money? working with these big companies is one of the only ways to get things to market and that's with anything not just technology!
Another old saying "you need money to make money"
A little story, just before Bob released B.C i pitched an idea to him? I'm a true basshead BUT love my mids & treble so iv had an idea for an Audiophile Basshead monitor for many years now which is?
We all know the two big difference's & strength's of BA Bass & Dynamic Bass? the former exellent attack & decay speed, control,great transients ect.. But Dynamic Drivers have fantastic extension,rumble, shorter decay bringing ambience to the music. So this means each one is better for different genres(I'm not gonna list them we all know)
Due to this people and audiophiles in particular have at least ones set of each to cover the different needs/genres? Well how about a monitor that has say
2 BA's for mids,2 BA's for highs & a couple EST for ultra highs and a Dynamic Driver for lows and a BA driver for lows BUT the BA & Dynamic drivers for lows cannot work at the same time, a switch would switch each one out, all the other drivers would work together but you would just change each Low Frequency driver from BA OR Dynamic , the best of both worlds and no more needing 2 or 3 different monitors?
Well going back to the point in question? Bob said it could work BUT bringing it to market would cost about £10.000 just for R&D and to end up with one finished sample monitor, then you have to find the money to manufacture how many hundred/thousand monitors to actually sell!
So i forgot about the idea LOL
Back to the old saying
"YOU NEED MONEY TO MAKE MONEY"
But again, with all that said i wish you the best of luck if you was to take the leap and try👍🎶
yes, i have a only one prototype with 2 ba by Bellsing - 22955 and 30095 that has a one tube 3mm. Sounds very wonderful and bright but i cant measure it :frowning2:
I also have some 3D printed flat(like mx500) headphones - they sound great too.

no need a lot of money? good knowledge is needed, brains and hands from the shoulders :)
In my country some a wonderful dev who made a custom iems around 200$ with sound of more than 500$ - Snowy88:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...&key=YUFyWEF4TmFfcUlrNjhPTFRpaVVxU0Zua2xuQm93

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ObSw44MK9OeFPy8Nic0Ou8Udg/edit#gid=1021011911

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #1,260 of 1,414
News from GS Audio)

we decide to release the GD3C and GD3D together ,
GD3C is more like GD3A But have the second generation DD and air vent
GD3D is a version where the energy is more concentrated in the mid-low frequency dynamics,also have the air vent.

They all use the second generation version DD of GD3A , with greater magnetic flux.[LOL]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back