GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 3, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #61 of 1,414
Logistics purgatory isn't that bad here as in other places. Before this plague we dutch used to have a orange silk road. Order to doorstep in 7 days from China on Ali standard shipping. Crazy to think about as that is faster than some stores in my country at the time. It was somewhat store dependent as they would have to ship within 24 hours but still...
Even now it's not that bad. Had my Moondrop SSP arrive 8 days after ordering them, but the average seems to be 2 weeks.

Besides I've got something to keep my ears occupied in the meantime as I got my Moondrop Starfield last week. In combination with the X7 I struggle to put them down, it's too addicting. It has the crystal clear and clean treble I'm after without overdoing it, but only on the X7 for some reason :thinking:. I hope these two have it as well, or at least one of them.

Can't wait to have them but I'll survive for now... I'll have to :sweat_smile:
Still most of my orders are landing in Netherlands first before coming to Poland. My record receiving the package was in 9 days. Usually, it's around two weeks to come.

Valuable packages always come earlier than the rest and some never reach out to me. I was already getting tired with AEdue to their awful customer service and now they implemented this new VAT rule for Poland so that means much less shopping for me.

I'm still considering gd7b though as it's above 150€ and there's no VAT at the check out...

Jul 3, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #62 of 1,414
Logistics purgatory isn't that bad here as in other places. Before this plague we dutch used to have a orange silk road. Order to doorstep in 7 days from China on Ali standard shipping. Crazy to think about as that is faster than some stores in my country at the time. It was somewhat store dependent as they would have to ship within 24 hours but still...
Even now it's not that bad. Had my Moondrop SSP arrive 8 days after ordering them, but the average seems to be 2 weeks.

Besides I've got something to keep my ears occupied in the meantime as I got my Moondrop Starfield last week. In combination with the X7 I struggle to put them down, it's too addicting. It has the crystal clear and clean treble I'm after without overdoing it, but only on the X7 for some reason :thinking:. I hope these two have it as well, or at least one of them.

Shipping plus manufacturing was two and a half weeks to the US, so I can't complain too much. It's just hard to wait for a new toy when you've spent ages picking through the market for something good.

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #63 of 1,414

yes i can confirm it is lightning fast to the Netherlands. My Aria arrived in 5 days after shipping and my Sparks in 7 days. Lately it is very fast. Normally it can take up to two weeks. During the covid logistics mess last year it could took up to a month. Before that it was mostly 1 to 2 weeks. Best part is that i have never been hit with custom duties and taxes :L3000:

I am eyeing the GD3A for now. Waiting for the impression of @RikudouGoku first.

Jul 4, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #64 of 1,414
yes i can confirm it is lightning fast to the Netherlands. My Aria arrived in 5 days after shipping and my Sparks in 7 days. Lately it is very fast. Normally it can take up to two weeks. During the covid logistics mess last year it could took up to a month. Before that it was mostly 1 to 2 weeks. Best part is that i have never been hit with custom duties and taxes :L3000:

I am eyeing the GD3A for now. Waiting for the impression of @RikudouGoku first.
A bit OOT, but what do you think of the Aria 2021?

Jul 4, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #68 of 1,414
Ordered the SE11. 😅
noragami (1).gif

Jul 4, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #69 of 1,414
Ordered the SE11. 😅
Just know that their DD absolutely needs to be burnt in for at least a dozen hours before it will begin to sound right. And it's generally agreed that the Sonion EST drivers settle in after 100-200 hours burn-in. The DD burn-in is the more noticeable requirement, though. My GD7B didn't sound like it had any bass for the first couple of hours they were running, then it filled in much more after six hours or so and seemed to be done after around 12.

Edit: just thought I'd mention in passing that their DD, unlike some that I've used, respond very favorably to equalization without any weird distortion that I've been able to notice. So if, after burn-in, they still don't have all the bass you want, EQ can be your savior.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #70 of 1,414
Jul 4, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #72 of 1,414
Just know that their DD absolutely needs to be burnt in for at least a dozen hours before it will begin to sound right. And it's generally agreed that the Sonion EST drivers settle in after 100-200 hours burn-in. The DD burn-in is the more noticeable requirement, though. My GD7B didn't sound like it had any bass for the first couple of hours they were running, then it filled in much more after six hours or so and seemed to be done after around 12.

Edit: just thought I'd mention in passing that their DD, unlike some that I've used, respond very favorably to equalization without any weird distortion that I've been able to notice. So if, after burn-in, they still don't have all the bass you want, EQ can be your savior.
It seems not only their DDs, after like 30 hours or something the bass on my GT8 it's quite heavy now.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #73 of 1,414
I have been eyeing on 4 EST IEMs so I am very curious how GS Audio's flagships SE11 SE12 would sound. SE12 has the same driver combo as Tansio Mirai Spark, so it could be a budget option.

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #75 of 1,414
It seems not only their DDs, after like 30 hours or something the bass on my GT8 it's quite heavy now.
I was wondering about that. Seems like the membrane in the bass BA drivers they're using is pretty large and stiff. Makes sense it might change in sound signature a bit once it loosens up. I may see about getting the GT8 when I have some cash to spare if it's got a nice, deep bass signature, since I do love a bass-heavy earphone for those easy listening days when you just want to cocoon yourself in bass warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back