GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #106 of 1,414
Still most of my orders are landing in Netherlands first before coming to Poland. My record receiving the package was in 9 days. Usually, it's around two weeks to come.

Valuable packages always come earlier than the rest and some never reach out to me. I was already getting tired with AEdue to their awful customer service and now they implemented this new VAT rule for Poland so that means much less shopping for me.

I'm still considering gd7b though as it's above 150€ and there's no VAT at the check out...

But you will most likely pay VAT when they arrive in your country. As far as I know, now each and every package that comes outside EU will go through customs.
They fck'd us really good

Jul 11, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #107 of 1,414
But you will most likely pay VAT when they arrive in your country. As far as I know, now each and every package that comes outside EU will go through customs.
That sucks. On the plus side, GS Audio stuff is very competitively priced, so at least it isn't quite as painful as it could be on some more mainstream premium sets. Is the VAT still something crazy like 20%?

Edit for a number, because I misremembered what the average VAT flat tax was for non-member sellers.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #108 of 1,414
I've found some information on this blog.

https://alixblog.com/en/aliexpress-eu-vat/

The rule used to be that if it's under 22 then no VAT.

Of course there were a lot of packages coming so they weren't able to check each except sth standouts from others. I remember my friend bought an engine for his project from AE and they were calling him to pay. But I've never had an issue with the packages ordered on AE.

It looks like that they will have warehouses in EU in order to make their customers don't pay for VAT. However, that doesn't make sure there won't be any increases with the prices fpr those coming from the warehouses located inside EU.

I ordered from Penon's website recently and I'll see how it goes with the customs.

All of the packages I ordered during the summer sale on AE went through the clearance successfully though. So, maybe they won't be checking carefully anyway and wanted to solve it on AE side. However, Idk if they will treat the other packages which are not connected with AE in the same way.

Jul 11, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #109 of 1,414

Of course there were a lot of packages coming so they weren't able to check each except sth standouts from others. I remember my friend bought an engine for his project from AE and they were calling him to pay. But I've never had an issue with the packages ordered on AE.

It looks like that they will have warehouses in EU in order to make their customers don't pay for VAT. However, that doesn't make sure there won't be any increases with the prices fpr those coming from the warehouses located inside EU.

I ordered from Penon's website recently and I'll see how it goes with the customs.

All of the packages I ordered during the summer sale on AE went through the clearance successfully though. So, maybe they won't be checking carefully anyway and wanted to solve it on AE side. However, Idk if they will treat the other packages which are not connected with AE in the same way.
That's unfortunate and seems quite complicated for consumers. Best of luck with your purchases that are still in transit.

Jul 11, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #110 of 1,414
That's unfortunate and seems quite complicated for consumers. Best of luck with your purchases that are still in transit.
Thank you.

This new rule will definitely make me purchase less on AE. So, that's on the plus side.

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #111 of 1,414
The long awaited review is finally done, GS Audio GD3A: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/gs-audio-gd3a.25278/reviews#review-26253

Budget-king for us consumers, the Apocalypse for the competition.

Star rating changes due to the Apocalypse:
IEMBeforeAfter
Audiosense DT1004.5/53.5/5
Audiosense DT2004.5/54/5
Blon BL-014/53.5/5
Blon BL-054/53/5
BQEYZ Spring 24.5/52.5/5
Dunu DM-4803.5/52/5
Dunu EST1125/54.5/5
Dunu Zen4/53.5/5
Fiio FD55/54/5
Fiio FH35/54/5
Fiio FH5s3.5/51.5/5
Final Audio E20003.5/52.5/5
Final Audio E30004.5/54/5
Final Audio F31002/51/5
Hisenior T24/52.5/5
Ibasso IT004.5/52.5/5
ISN D103.5/51.5/5
Jade Audio EA33.5/53/5
KBEAR KS23.5/53/5
Kinera Freya3/51/5
LZ A75/54/5
Shozy Form 1.14.5/53/5
Shuoer Tape4.5/54/5
Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 pro2.5/52/5
ThieAudio Voyager 34.0/51.5/5

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #112 of 1,414
Looking at the SE12's graph... the 8k peak is elevated nearly 15db above from the 0.8k which is crazy treble energy. Also there is grear high treble extension past 10k too. Curious if that will be sweet or nightmare...

Jul 11, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #113 of 1,414

From what I've read on a local site Ali has signed up for the Import One-Stop Shop (IOSS) which means that taxes will be payed to Ali and the government collects the tax from Ali every few months. Packages will still arrive like before if under €150,-. That said over €150,- will be the same as always with import fees (maybe minus the tax).
Also taxes won't be collected if it's amount is under €1,- so up to about €5,- is technically still free but I doubt Ali will take that into account.
Processing fees have also decreased which is nice but they're still substantial on a smaller purchase.

As for the EU warehouses while probably more expensive than China without taxes it should be cheaper than with taxes. The closest one to me in Liège is still being build so I can't really use that route yet and I doubt many audio gear sellers will put some stock in that warehouse. Probably only the big ones like ShenzenAudio and Linsoul.
Maybe Ali will route "stock" (packages) trough it as a work around when it's done :thinking:

I guess I'll see how it plays out as my GT2 and GT12 just arrived in my country :ksc75smile:

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #114 of 1,414
The long awaited review is finally done, GS Audio GD3A: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/gs-audio-gd3a.25278/reviews#review-26253

Budget-king for us consumers, the Apocalypse for the competition.

Star rating changes due to the Apocalypse:
IEMBeforeAfter
Audiosense DT1004.5/53.5/5
Audiosense DT2004.5/54/5
Blon BL-014/53.5/5
Blon BL-054/53/5
BQEYZ Spring 24.5/52.5/5
Dunu DM-4803.5/52/5
Dunu EST1125/54.5/5
Dunu Zen4/53.5/5
Fiio FD55/54/5
Fiio FH35/54/5
Fiio FH5s3.5/51.5/5
Final Audio E20003.5/52.5/5
Final Audio E30004.5/54/5
Final Audio F31002/51/5
Hisenior T24/52.5/5
Ibasso IT004.5/52.5/5
ISN D103.5/51.5/5
Jade Audio EA33.5/53/5
KBEAR KS23.5/53/5
Kinera Freya3/51/5
LZ A75/54/5
Shozy Form 1.14.5/53/5
Shuoer Tape4.5/54/5
Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 pro2.5/52/5
ThieAudio Voyager 34.0/51.5/5
Oof, quite a lot of the existing rankings changed, some quite dramatically. I guess that's just what happens when you have a budget set come in that just destroys them and forces you to adjust your expectations accordingly.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #115 of 1,414
Looking at the SE12's graph... the 8k peak is elevated nearly 15db above from the 0.8k which is crazy treble energy. Also there is grear high treble extension past 10k too. Curious if that will be sweet or nightmare...
I'd be curious to see if sticking a fine metal mesh wax filter on the end of the nozzle would tame some of those treble peaks. It seems to do so for my GD7B, but it has nowhere near that degree of treble gain or harmonic peaks.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #116 of 1,414
Oof, quite a lot of the existing rankings changed, some quite dramatically. I guess that's just what happens when you have a budget set come in that just destroys them and forces you to adjust your expectations accordingly.
Yeah, thats the problem when you factor in price into the overall rating.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #117 of 1,414
It is an important factor to consider, despite the many issues commonly associated with it, namely that pricing can change and sets that undercut the price of others at similar performance levels frequently necessitate ranking adjustments. But it's just too useful to know when you've got a real bang for your buck set that makes you question what the other companies have been doing with their time.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #118 of 1,414
I've thought about this myself, but honestly it just seems absurd not to take price into consideration when assigning ratings unless you're exclusively reviewing summit-fi gear or something.

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #119 of 1,414
I've thought about this myself, but honestly it just seems absurd not to take price into consideration when assigning ratings unless you're exclusively reviewing summit-fi gear or something.
Depends I guess. If you only factor in sound and not price, you dont need to work as hard (update old reviews when needed) and it will be more "future proof".

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #120 of 1,414
Depends I guess. If you only factor in sound and not price, you dont need to work as hard (update old reviews when needed) and it will be more "future proof".
If price isn’t considered at all then the crazy diminishing returns in this hobby would compress everything together in a very misleading fashion, at least IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back