Grrr, paint peeling off my HD650
Jan 10, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #91 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzardfire
I dunno what you are talking about Zoide. I live in Central Florida... We had three hurricanes hit us in 04, very near where I live. All the houses in my neighbohood are concrete block... but category 4 hurricane winds as well as the giant trees they uproot will destroy anything. Houses, cars, headphones... you get the idea.

I apologize. I wasn't aware of that and looking back it was an insensitive comment given what had just happened when I posted it.

Jan 10, 2005 at 12:31 AM Post #92 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
I apologize. I wasn't aware of that and looking back it was an insensitive comment given what had just happened when I posted it.

Oh, I'm not offended at all Zoide. I have read your posts on the forums since I joined, and I find you quite funny. I was just making an attempt to correct your factual inaccuracy :p

The hurricanes weren't too bad for me, actually. About three weeks total off of school, although we had no power for a lot of it (Ipod + car charger = good). Our neighborhood had many trees come down, but only four or five houses were smashed by trees, and about as many cars. Although, my road was blocked off by two trees (we couldn't leave by car).

Cliff notes: I wasn't offended Zoide. I think you rock. Hurricanes suck.

Jan 10, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #93 of 95
smily_headphones1.gif
I also think you're a very cool guy.

It's good to see that all is well in Head-Fi land (till the next HD-650 vs. CD3K, 2X-S vs. UE10Pro argument comes along
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #94 of 95
I bought my HD650 14 months ago and 2 weeks ago I noticed that the paint has started to peel off at the front and back of the head band top. Looking closer at it I can now see a lot of small "wrinkles" that will in time probably crack into peels too. The HD650 has never left my apartment and has been in a pet free, smoke free, child free etc environment and used below average (to you guys at this forum I would say a lot less than average). I have not tried to stretch them in any way besides the bend necessary to remove them and have not been tampering with foam or pads so obviously I was surprised and disappointed to see this. Obviously, it doesn't affect the listening experience but still the laminate or paint seems very cheap.

Nothing last for ever or even 14 months I guess... or like Willie once put it:

When I have seen by Time's fell hand defaced
The rich proud cost of outworn buried age;
When sometime lofty towers I see down-razed
And brass eternal slave to mortal rage;

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #95 of 95
Why don't you use the two year warranty against build flaws then? Or did you try that already (what did they say?)

Quote:
I bought my HD650 14 months ago and 2 weeks ago I noticed that the paint has started to peel off at the front and back of the head band top. Looking closer at it I can now see a lot of small "wrinkles" that will in time probably crack into peels too. The HD650 has never left my apartment and has been in a pet free, smoke free, child free etc environment and used below average (to you guys at this forum I would say a lot less than average). I have not tried to stretch them in any way besides the bend necessary to remove them and have not been tampering with foam or pads so obviously I was surprised and disappointed to see this. Obviously, it doesn't affect the listening experience but still the laminate or paint seems very cheap.

Nothing last for ever or even 14 months I guess... or like Willie once put it:

When I have seen by Time's fell hand defaced
The rich proud cost of outworn buried age;
When sometime lofty towers I see down-razed
And brass eternal slave to mortal rage;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back