Great prices on AKG phones at Northern Sound & Light!
Sep 13, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #16 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpTicaL
Buy.com has the AKG K81DJ for $57.99 with free shipping (anything over $25 qualifies for free shipping)

I looked for these cans at Buy.com a few days ago (and again today), and they aren't doing the free shipping anymore. Plus, they're currently out of stock.

However, as we all know, free shipping comes and goes at both Buy.com and Amazon, so at that price I'll keep an eye out and wait until free shipping is on again.

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 137
Ordered a pair about 10 minutes ago.
k701smile9ga.gif
They are currently back ordered right now for those interested, so it should be a couple weeks before they ship out to me. The wait will be unbearable.

I also sent payment (+PayPal fees) to Jan Meier for the Corda Headfive. Things are looking good with only $60 in my pocket... By the way, you don't need to include PayPal fees when buying form Jan, but he specifically said he preferred all other methods of payment when compared to PayPal through credit card, so I added the $10 onto my tab. (He added the shipping costs to his, so it's only fair.
tongue.gif
)

Yippe. Can't wait to start the burn-in process.

(Thanks NiceCans for the uber cool smiley!)

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #18 of 137
Try not to be to judgemental of the pairing until after a weeks break-in of course, as you no doubt have read here before. Listening over that time will be fun to; But be aware it does get even sweeter, promise!

Smart shopper;-}

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #19 of 137
I don't think I have to worry that much. I'm coming from a pair of Sony MDR-V700Dj's, unamped, which to my ears sound like pure gold. I'm sure I'll be impressed by my new set up, even without any burn in. I'll also have lots of fun being able to experience it first hand, because the subject matter has intrigued me ever since I first started reading about it in conjunction with headphones and even amplifiers. Good times at Head-Fi...

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #20 of 137
The 701's are still available at this price. I ordered today with delivery in early October... perhaps faster with a drop ship from AKG. The guy that took the order wondered what the big deal was with the headphones... apparently they have had a lot of orders... no wonder at $244.00 delivered! He knew that Head-Fi had something to do with it all.

Sep 20, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #21 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by ed_bollix
The guy that took the order wondered what the big deal was with the headphones... apparently they have had a lot of orders...

Lol. I'm glad I got my order in early enough before they raise the price...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hope they arrive soon!!!
frown.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #22 of 137
threEchelon, thanks for posting this deal.

I ordered a pair of AKG K701's today, I have kept an eye out for a decent price on them and $244.42 delivered is the best I have seen. Northern Sound & Light appear to be a reputable business. BTW, they quoted me $406.27 for a Presonus Central Station - it's going for $499 pretty much everywhere else.

Sep 21, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #25 of 137
AKG K181DJ - $124.20

has anyone seen any K181DJ reviews?

theres like only 1 on here
frown.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #26 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjeff2006
so how do u order them?

You have to call them at their toll free number. I just got myself a pair, but I'll have to wait until October, but considering the deal I got it's not a problem.

I just recently came back to head-fi and have spent 500 dollars on the headfive and k701 in one day. I knew this would happen.
tongue.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #27 of 137
Quote:

I just recently came back to head-fi and have spent 500 dollars on the headfive and k701 in one day. I knew this would happen.

That sounds like me, but this isn't a return visit... I'm a newcomer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I just got myself a pair, but I'll have to wait until October, but considering the deal I got it's not a problem.

What exactly did they say? I'm wondering if my order will take any longer because of all these later purchases. The man told me anywhere from 1-2 weeks before they could ship out to me, so I'm assuming it'll take about 14 days for them to get to me. (About a week and a half left?)

Sep 21, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #28 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162
What exactly did they say? I'm wondering if my order will take any longer because of all these later purchases. The man told me anywhere from 1-2 weeks before they could ship out to me, so I'm assuming it'll take about 14 days for them to get to me. (About a week and a half left?)

Basically the guy on the phone said that they were currently out of stock right now and that I would have to wait until October when they got their next batch of headphones from AKG. You probably ordered one of the last ones in stock and I don't think you will be affected by the later purchases.

Sep 21, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #29 of 137
I find this curious because he told me they were back ordered and would take 1-2 weeks or whatever. If mine needed to be sent from AKG to them before they could ship mine out to me, why would it be any different for later orders?
blink.gif

Meh. I hope I get mine soon.
340smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back