Great news for rooted android users--Viper4Android
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #155 of 222
According to their official blog, the latest version is supposed to support x86 platforms.

ViPER4Android FX
FX is the main control panel of ViPER’s Audio with all popular ViPER’s Audio settings. [Development of FX is on-going.]
Description
VersionFX version 2.4.0.1
Codename: Beautiful
Compiled date: February 7,2016  – Official Release
Operating environmentAndroid 2.3 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 / 5.0 / 6.0
CPU platforms: ARM (ARM11 or higher), x86(Atom/i3/i5/i7)
Language: English (US) / Simp. Chinese / Trad. Chinese / more​

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #156 of 222
  According to their official blog, the latest version is supposed to support x86 platforms.

ViPER4Android FX
FX is the main control panel of ViPER’s Audio with all popular ViPER’s Audio settings. [Development of FX is on-going.]
Description
VersionFX version 2.4.0.1
Codename: Beautiful
Compiled date: February 7,2016  – Official Release
Operating environmentAndroid 2.3 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 / 5.0 / 6.0
CPU platforms: ARM (ARM11 or higher), x86(Atom/i3/i5/i7)
Language: English (US) / Simp. Chinese / Trad. Chinese / more​

Oh, I've got ViPER working, but I was hoping to get the XTREME Music mod to work.  It's got ViPER in it, but it's also got a volume booster in it as well.  There's a bunch of stuff XTREME does, and I wanted to give it a try.  That's what's not loading on my phone.  I'm still rocking ViPER, and I'm using my AD-01's with the phone, they pair well with it, and for my Kickers', which need a little more oomph, I'm using my X3 OG version.  I was hoping for an all in one, but for gym use, the AD-01's work well, and I don't damage the Kickers'.  For listening while the family is home, I listen to my X3 on the couch, with the wife beside me on the computer, and the daughter on the end of the couch watching TV.  The nice thing about the Kickers' is that they don't leak sound, so I can crank it!  No worries, I've got it all covered.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #157 of 222
  Oh, I've got ViPER working, but I was hoping to get the XTREME Music mod to work.  It's got ViPER in it, but it's also got a volume booster in it as well.  There's a bunch of stuff XTREME does, and I wanted to give it a try.  That's what's not loading on my phone.  I'm still rocking ViPER, and I'm using my AD-01's with the phone, they pair well with it, and for my Kickers', which need a little more oomph, I'm using my X3 OG version.  I was hoping for an all in one, but for gym use, the AD-01's work well, and I don't damage the Kickers'.  For listening while the family is home, I listen to my X3 on the couch, with the wife beside me on the computer, and the daughter on the end of the couch watching TV.  The nice thing about the Kickers' is that they don't leak sound, so I can crank it!  No worries, I've got it all covered.
ksc75smile.gif

what extreme music mod

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #158 of 222
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_145505251532310&key=416b062f03da6d676366e939c30f24f0&libId=ikfwp4ql0100pdn5000MAo3mmxf1u&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.head-fi.org%2Ft%2F672375%2Fgreat-news-for-rooted-android-users-viper4android%2F135&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fandroid%2Fsoftware%2Fmod-beatsaudio-e-xloud-installer-t3029951&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.head-fi.org%2Ft%2F672375%2Fgreat-news-for-rooted-android-users-viper4android%2F150&title=Great%20news%20for%20rooted%20android%20users--Viper4Android&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fandroid%2Fsoftware%2Fmod-beatsaudio-e-xloud-installer-t3029951

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #159 of 222
Feb 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #160 of 222
The Super Mod didn't work on my (old) Galaxy Note SGH-i717 running Candy 5, which is a CM 12.1 based ROM. It actually nerfed Viper4Android and I had to do a system wipe/fresh install to get V4A to work again. So, just a warning to read read read and be cautious.

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #161 of 222
Just went to powerampapp.com, and discovered an Intel based .apk for my phone. Supposed to be better battery life and some improvement in sound. So far so good. It's cleared the sound better than any adjustments I could make prior, not sure on the battery life yet, just installed it. Still wish I could make my Asus Zenfone 2 louder though.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #162 of 222
So, just an update.  I have the latest version of V4A installed and running with PowerAmp, and I have the Intel specific version of PowerAmp running on my Asus Zenfone 2.  Battery life is good.  4% in half an hour, with screen off and on, changing albums, and settings in V4A, to get a good crisp sound, and I have great bass and clarity now, and better battery life.

I just wish there was a way to boost the volume a bit.  I've tried ALSAmixer, but it says it can't find "libasound.so" in library.  I've looked for it manually, and no luck, so maybe it doesn't work with Intel devices, I don't know.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'm more than happy to listen, I've tried a few free apps, and they are all trash, don't do a thing but data mine, or add too many ads to the phone, and I'm trying to go sleek and clean.  

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #163 of 222
So, just an update.  I have the latest version of V4A installed and running with PowerAmp, and I have the Intel specific version of PowerAmp running on my Asus Zenfone 2.  Battery life is good.  4% in half an hour, with screen off and on, changing albums, and settings in V4A, to get a good crisp sound, and I have great bass and clarity now, and better battery life.

I just wish there was a way to boost the volume a bit.  I've tried ALSAmixer, but it says it can't find "libasound.so" in library.  I've looked for it manually, and no luck, so maybe it doesn't work with Intel devices, I don't know.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'm more than happy to listen, I've tried a few free apps, and they are all trash, don't do a thing but data mine, or add too many ads to the phone, and I'm trying to go sleek and clean.  

You could just open V4A's Expert UI and change the Output Gain at the bottom to some positive value... unless there's any hardware gain setting to your phone accessible via hacks this should give you the same effect as any software hack.

Or, you know, you could buy one of our amps... :D I heartily recommend the FiiO E17K

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 6, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #164 of 222
guys i need some help with v4a

so i have my note 3 rooted and i installed the latest version of v4a and i am using it with poweramp, i use mojo as dac/amp

on some song i feel the v4a just muddies songs and all i did is i used 

dynamic system enabled
extreme headphones  v2
select dynamic bass = 20 percent

enabled viper bass
natural bass
select bass frequency 60 hz
select bass boost = 6db

thats all i used in the v4a settings

and sometimes i just fine tune using poweramp eq but on some songs things just sound muffled and volumes sometimes is high in the begining of a song and when bass starts kicking in things become muffled and volume lowers

very strange

I really wish Joe Bloggs can do an irs for me for oppo pm1 with great punchy bass and one for just good bass

can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong in my settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back