Great headphone sound? It’s in the CAN! iFi audio ZEN CAN!
Feb 28, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #301 of 538
Debating again which headphone amp to buy for my MacBook Air - I was thinking the iDSD Signature but splurged on something else that has put that level of spend on hold for a bit! Is the Hip Dac or Zen DAC a better option in the lower budgets? Portability not a concern as such, it'll stay with my Mac in its bag when not in use, otherwise on my desk or kitchen table for the most part. I'm struggling to see how they differ!

My end all/be all recommendation between the three would definitely be the Signature if you can hold off and save because it will give you the best of both worlds.

Between the two lower budget options, I would recommend the hip-dac so you have the portability option on battery power when you need it.

They are indeed very similar, but one is intended for the more desktop-based audience while the other gives you the option for whatever portability you need!

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #302 of 538
My end all/be all recommendation between the three would definitely be the Signature if you can hold off and save because it will give you the best of both worlds.

Between the two lower budget options, I would recommend the hip-dac so you have the portability option on battery power when you need it.

They are indeed very similar, but one is intended for the more desktop-based audience while the other gives you the option for whatever portability you need!

Funny, I think last time I considered this it ended up being I should wait till I can splash out on the iDSD, looks like it might again. Keen to hear the likes of my DUNU ZEN via a headphone amp but like with IEMs, I'll not likely climb on the first rung of a ladder and stay there for long - maybe holding out and skipping a few rungs is better... thanks for the help.

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #303 of 538
Funny, I think last time I considered this it ended up being I should wait till I can splash out on the iDSD, looks like it might again. Keen to hear the likes of my DUNU ZEN via a headphone amp but like with IEMs, I'll not likely climb on the first rung of a ladder and stay there for long - maybe holding out and skipping a few rungs is better... thanks for the help.

Of course! I had the Signature x Zen pairing for a weeks thanks to it being loaned from @corgifall - a combo to die for for those of love a warm, fun signature (pun intended!)

Great choice on the Zen too! ZEN pairings are now a running joke between myself and the folks at @DUNU-Topsound because of the coincedence.

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #304 of 538
Of course! I had the Signature x Zen pairing for a weeks thanks to it being loaned from @corgifall - a combo to die for for those of love a warm, fun signature (pun intended!)

Great choice on the Zen too! ZEN pairings are now a running joke between myself and the folks at @DUNU-Topsound because of the coincedence.
I do like the combo of the ZEN and Signature!

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #305 of 538
I bought Ifi zen Can and the sound is great. Great drive for my Sennheiser HD 660s headphones. I have a question. When switching the button for Xbass and 3D, there is a click, a crack in the headphones. It is normal? Thank you all for your answer.

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #306 of 538
I bought Ifi zen Can and the sound is great. Great drive for my Sennheiser HD 660s headphones. I have a question. When switching the button for Xbass and 3D, there is a click, a crack in the headphones. It is normal? Thank you all for your answer.

I think Is normal, the same happens on mine.

Mar 11, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #307 of 538

Yes, this is normal! Nothing to be worried about.

Mar 16, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #309 of 538
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 24, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #310 of 538
Mar 24, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #312 of 538
Thorston really designed a kick ass amp with the Zen Can. It practically competes with the Pro line in terms of circuitry.

I would love to see a Zen Can with the upgraded parts of the Signature without it being tailored to one headphone.

Paired with my Audeze LCD2 closed it sounds really good. No complaints considering the price. Awesome deal actually!

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #313 of 538
Annulled.

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #314 of 538
Good device, well deserved

Thorston really designed a kick ass amp with the Zen Can. It practically competes with the Pro line in terms of circuitry.

I would love to see a Zen Can with the upgraded parts of the Signature without it being tailored to one headphone.

Paired with my Audeze LCD2 closed it sounds really good. No complaints considering the price. Awesome deal actually!

Thank you both!

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #315 of 538
@iFi audio , @Sebastien Chiu

Do you recommend running the Zen CAN as a pre amp to another headphone amp ? My setup goal is to use the Zen DAC as the single DAC to send signal to all my equipment. I have an RCA splitter from the RCAs to two tube amps and from the 4.4mm to 4.4mm to the Zen CAN. Now I want to use the 4.4mm out on the CAN to send signal to another headphone amp like the Singxer SA-1. Thoughts ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back