Grados spotted on USA Network
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #31 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
Jonh Grado must be handing out a substantial amount of money for the publicity. obviously.

I don't assume that.  Maybe the director/creator is just a fan of the brand and wants to spread the word.  Or maybe he's a friend of the family.  Who knows?

To be honest, I don't think Grado's business is any where near as large as say Coke, or Pepsi, or Apple, or Ford, or GM, to be able to afford typical product placement costs, or, to be able to afford it and get any kind of commensurate return on that investment.

i was being sarcastic 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #32 of 34
Does this mean I can wear my woodied SR60's around campus and say that they're on tv? woot! So this is how everyone with beats must feel!

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #33 of 34

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jonh Grado must be handing out a substantial amount of money for the publicity. obviously.

I don't assume that.  Maybe the director/creator is just a fan of the brand and wants to spread the word.  Or maybe he's a friend of the family.  Who knows?

To be honest, I don't think Grado's business is any where near as large as say Coke, or Pepsi, or Apple, or Ford, or GM, to be able to afford typical product placement costs, or, to be able to afford it and get any kind of commensurate return on that investment.

i was being sarcastic 
rolleyes.gif

Duh. 
smile_phones.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #34 of 34
They aired the ep where Annie and her lover are shot by Lena (at least here in Oz) last night - haven't really taken much notice of this series, but Auggie was definitely wearing PS1000s in the van in the early part of the episode and back to woodies (he claims RS2i in an interview I read) toward the end. As others have stated, great to see Grado willing to engage in a little product placement, even if the last thing I would want next to me in a van was a guy with headphones that leak so much noise. I noticed that he had replaced the bowls with comfies on both 'phones - wouldnt have taken too long on set to realise that bowls wouldn't be much fun over 20 or so takes ..... 

http://rdanderson.com/dossier/entries/grado.htm

Given a choice, I would far prefer to listen to a few tunes with Annie. She could play the spoons whilst throat singing and I doubt that I'd care. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back