Grados spotted on USA Network
Apr 11, 2010 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

cfull

100+ Head-Fier
anyone notice this on the USA promos for this "Covert Affairs" show? The guy is using RS2s for surveillance, lol.

4509822958_90c61b04af.jpg

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 34
Could be overkill...

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #6 of 34
Well if he had something more suitable like a DT48 he'd be outed as a spook immediately. At least with the Grados he can blend in as just another head-fi audiophile and look good for TV as well.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 34
Or, like in the show, "The Beast", where a dude is wearing Beyerdynamic DT770's in the front seat of a car, barely a block away from the subject. It's like "Man, who's consulting for this show?"

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
except jazz, folk, acoustic...anything but rock and light classical really >.>

Your enjoyment of music is limited by the pair of headphones or speakers you are using? Wow, that is pathetic. I've listened to music off of my macbook speakers before when I had no other choice and it was still quite enjoyable.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 34
I caught the premiere last night. It was funny, he even said they were Grado RS2's. The character is blind and says he uses them for monitoring the missions and listening to Mingus during his breaks.

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #11 of 34

Quote:
except jazz, folk, acoustic...anything but rock and light classical really >.>

I've listened to just about everything with mine, and even watched movies.
gs1000.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #12 of 34
Open headphones for surveillance???

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #13 of 34
I was watching the pilot of this new spy show Covert Affairs and then I spotted one of the CIA characters with a pair of Grados
cool.gif
I took the snapshot below and later on was surprised that he name-dropped the cans specifically in the dialogue:

(paraphrased)

Girl: I was going to ask what the headphones are for...
Guy: Grado RS-2's. Great for monitoring operations, real-time feedback when I'm typing and listening to Mingus.

gradors2.jpg

The show is promising by the way. It has an action/spy/comedy feel simliar to Burn Notice.

Just saw episode 2 of this show and it looks like the Grados are going to be a constant item in this series
cool.gif
This time, aside from being seen around the neck of the male character again, they're given as a gift at the end of the episode for a kid who helped the CIA solve a case.

rs%20grados.jpg

rs%20grados%202.jpg

Namedropped again in the dialogue: "Wow... reference-grade Grados!"

Jul 21, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #15 of 34
Seems a bit shameless, although it's hard to hate on the Grados when there are so many Beats plugs throughout the media these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back