Grado SR80 - left side kaput?
Aug 26, 2010 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rreis

New Head-Fier
My favourite radio station once in a while was loosing her left channel... or was she not? It seems the problem is my own SR80.... I've went into audacity and generated a couple of tones. Keeping my head still (so it's not some cable tweek or something) sometimes I completly loose my left channel. If volume is enough it seems to get back, low volume makes it go away. It's not a cable position problem...

Any ideas/sugestions on how I can solve this?

Many thanks!

PS: Left side sound also seems to "tremble" in some sort of way, it reminds me some speakers I heard with the diafragm not in their best condition :|

Aug 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 4
My right side went kaput about a month ago after I used my SR80 for a month... I had similar symptoms (it worked when the volume was high enough) minus the trembling. I still think it's a cable problem, but I have no idea how to do repairs so I just sent them to Grado. When I get them back, I'll let you know if they mention what was wrong.

Aug 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks. I found out the portuguese importer (I bought mine some 4 years ago from an online spanish store) and drove there. I'm waiting feedback. I asked what would cost me if they had to replace the left driver and they told me it would be 80eur. Ouch, thats really makes me step back... I'll wait for their evaluation and decide what to do after. I hope it is just some soldering...

eheh, while there I listened to the RS1 and the "new" Sr125i. Those comfy pads don't cut it for me... which surprised me has I difficulty adapting to the bowls...

Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back