Grado SR80 Impressions thread!
Dec 24, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #526 of 538
Yeah, you get it right, It's due to the rod blocks.
I got a reply from grado, they say the dimples will disappear after a while because the foams have to relax. I really hope so.

You can take the pads off and wash them with mild soap & water…squeeze them dry, then let them fully dry and they should go back to their original shape.

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #529 of 538
Dimples are almost gone, lucky me :)

Do you suggest me to use them with a dedicated amp/dac? I'm using them with a xonar dx audio card, smartphone and sansa fuze dap.

Glad to hear.
For the 80 I would consider the Little Dot 1+ hybrid amp or the Schiit Magni-2/Modi-2 combo.
I use the first generation M/M combo for my desktop with both my 80i/325is and feel it is fine.

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #530 of 538
  Glad to hear.
For the 80 I would consider the Little Dot 1+ hybrid amp or the Schiit Magni-2/Modi-2 combo.
I use the first generation M/M combo for my desktop with both my 80i/325is and feel it is fine.

Not surprisignely I agree with you Buddy.

As I've said before, the SR80e, with L-cush, paired with the LD-1+, with Voskhod tubes, is a giant killing combination., with wich I could be very happy, as my one and only system.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #531 of 538
  Not surprisignely I agree with you Buddy.
As I've said before, the SR80e, with L-cush, paired with the LD-1+, with Voskhod tubes, is a giant killing combination., with wich I could be very happy, as my one and only system.

Good point, I forgot to mention the (L) cushions!
beerchug.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #533 of 538
I am constantly amazed how good my SR80e sound out of my AK120 (at the moment this is my "before sleep bedroom music system"). Even though they cost €140 here we in Europe for me they are still one of the most satisfying headphones one can buy for that price. Using them with the L-cushions.

Jul 10, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #534 of 538
Here's what they sound like:

The Tragically Hip show up at your door. Knock, knock, knock.

Gord says "hey, can we play in your basement? Gotta warn you, our sound guy is on holidays, so no promises. But maybe you can invite your friends over and we can rock out tonight?"

You: "I'm a little worried that it might be fatiguing or a little sibilant."

Gord: "Seriously? Of course it will be fatiguing. even we can't play for more than a few hours when we're really kicking out the jams. Come on, we've got beer in the van. It'll be a killer good time. If we don't play your basement, we're going to your neighbour's."

You: "Yeah, okay then, why not."

Yeah, and you'll be glad you did. Great headphones. Really exciting sound.

Jeff C

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #538 of 538
I have large ears and they are exquisitely uncomfortable, I believe they are best for people with average/small ears. bass is thin. not especially sensitive. a lot of transparency otherwise, for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back