Grado SR325is Owners
Sep 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 21
I gave that a shot in the rs1i  thread. I would like to add that     http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tan/tan1cd008.html     this album iv been listing too and is the case that Iv been listning to it over and over. and i would say that baring in mind all the other infinite varaubles, it so far has me glued to its earcups.

Sep 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 21
I've had my 325i for about three months and love them.  But, I found them a little uncomfortable until I refitted them with the G-Cushions.  NOW we're talkin' and best of all they improved the soundstage and the bass.  Admittedly, the best headphones I've had have been the old Stax SR-3 and SR-5 and I've listened to the Sennheiser HD-800 (funny frequency balance and diffuse soundstage, IMHO).  These old Stax still work well but now sound gray to me. The new Grados sound colorful, have real nice bass and sport a warm sound that I like.  When I added the G-Cush they sounded a lot like my friend's GS-1000s (not the i) for a lot less scratch. I'm very happy with them whether they're plugged into an old, tired Sony Discman D151 or my recent purchase, a Peachtree Audio Nova.  Just my too sense. 

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 21
I'm highly considering the G-Cush ear pads because I just love bigger ear pads, especially ones that completely cover my ears.

Any other takers with a word on the 325is? Grado fans perhaps?

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 21
I got mine about 2 weeks ago so their starting to break in however there not very comfortable after about 30 minutes of wearing them. Regardless of that, they sound amazing (and make my crappy mp3's sound horrible) . I also enjoy the nice chord that comes with them. It feels very sturdy and tough unlike most headphones you can buy these days.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 21
So I got the 325is earlier and have been wearing them for a few hours on end, with little breaks in between and I really don't think they are that uncomfortable as many people say. The only thing is, the middle is very hard and when it's on my ears for a few hours, it tends to press hard enough to make it feel hurt, squeezed in, bruised up. Is there a way to make these a bit more comfortable besides playing around with the headband? I'm considering the G-Cush pads, but is there another way? I'm not even sure if the G-Cush will make a big difference. I also checked out the J-Money Lambskin Headband, but still not sure if any of this extra stuff will make a difference. I prefer not to mod either, I like them the way they are. Maybe a thread with some good recommendations? I really like these but comfort is huge for me and if I can't get them to be just comfortable enough, I will return them. I will appreciate your help guys! I know some people might not be fans of this can, but if you know something, just say it!

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #9 of 21
Perhaps your dealer could let you try the G-Cushions or perhaps you could get a pair from an on-line dealer who has a money back guarantee.  It truly made a difference.  I don't have an issue with the headband so I haven't investigated the lambskin.

HTH

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #10 of 21
@bbophead

I've looked around the forums and didn't find much for Grados except for mods which I really don't want to do because I like the headphones the way they are. Therefore, I'll give the G-Cush a try today, thanks for your help.

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 21
Wow, what a huge difference with the G-Cush pads! I'm seriously astounded. Why didn't Grado send all of their headphones with these? The only ones they equip them with are the Statement Series and Professional Series. The only other pads that are remarkably as comfortable as these are the flat ones, on the SR60i, 80i and 125i.

I'm definitely keeping these now. Wow though, what a huge difference in comfort. I'm so glad I have finally figured a way to make them comfortable because unlike many others, I actually enjoy their brightness. It's something new.

Sep 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #12 of 21
I have G-cushion pads along with the old flats on the way from TTVJ at this very moment.  :) 

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #13 of 21
Hear any difference in the sound?  (stage, bass)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back