Grado SR225 Thread
Jan 5, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #166 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally decided between sr80 and sr225 and got my sr225. However I use (atm) portable source and the guy at the shop gave me a 1/4'' to 1/8'' that doesn't work good with it. The left and right channel don't sound as soon as you twist a bit the cable.

After 10 minutes usage putting the plug is useless. It falls (doesn't have enough strength to hold the big 1/4'') So i won't be able to use them during this weekend...

This was the primary reason I went with the SR80 as opposed to the other (higher end)Grado's for portable use, to avoid the dreaded 1/4" --> 1/8" adapter.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #167 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was the primary reason I went with the SR80 as opposed to the other (higher end)Grado's for portable use, to avoid the dreaded 1/4" --> 1/8" adapter.

Sorry if my post was the one that made you take a final decision, because it seems i explained it not with all detail, or you didn't get all the point.

At the shop the guy who sold me the sr225 (not the owner) gave me a faulty 1/4" --> 1/8" adapter. It was almost broken and the 10 minute usage I gave at home finally ended braking it up.

However today i went to the hi-fi shop, talked with the owner, he gave me back the money I payed for it, and gave me one that works good with it. (I am enjoying my music now, even if I will get one better this weekend -they cost <3€)

At the moment I am writing this I am listening to music with the sr225 and every album i listen to gives me new surprises
biggrin.gif

Well maybe you can get back to the shop and change them for the sr225

Jan 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #168 of 831
Cool. I just did not want all that extra weight on my tiny 1/8" jack and I did not want another adapter even though the longer Grado one is nice. Also I figured if they're mostly for portable use anyway what the heck.

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #169 of 831
Bah, I still want a pair of SR225's, but since I live in Europe they're $330 here. Yes, $330. I ordered a pair from TTVJ once, but he won't ship Grados outside the US because of Grados policies.

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #170 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by syndrome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah, I still want a pair of SR225's, but since I live in Europe they're $330 here. Yes, $330. I ordered a pair from TTVJ once, but he won't ship Grados outside the US because of Grados policies.

Well mine weren't $330

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #171 of 831
Quote:

Well mine weren't $330

Yep, I bought mine in September 2008 for ~197$.
Now, after the unfortunate global financial crisis, they're about ~230-240$.

I live in Turkey.

If you're still considering, I can buy them and ship them to you
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #172 of 831
Thnks for the offer man, but I already got them. They were a bit more expensive than your current pice, less than $330 (if I use conversion between €/$), and the cheapest I could find on Spain for new. (Plus my father contributed paying 50% of price :p)

It is a shame the price difference is so damn big, however even if I payed more (than it would have been on USA), I hope they last years. Having Grado sound in Europe is expensive.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #173 of 831
Quote:

Thnks for the offer man, but I already got them.

I meant syndrome, who was thinking of buying them
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I hope they last years. Having Grado sound in Europe is expensive.

Yeah, me too. I'm keeping them for life..
Europe is expensive in every way
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #174 of 831
My beloved Grado sr225
I hate to say the yellow must go soon cause i will get wood in the mail....

dscf1981kv5.jpg

Jan 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #175 of 831
dscf1983xd1.jpg

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #176 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by HippieTom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dscf1983xd1.jpg

Who did your re-cabling? I'm looking for a nice cable upgrade. Anyone may chime in please. I'm looking for who may do a re-cable my SR-225's and what cable is best to use with the SR-225's? I'm already aware of ALO and APuresound. Is ther anyone else?

Thank you kindly.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #177 of 831
Ya my sr225s are on the apuresound website recabled for portable use with his portable cable and a 1/8" plug. I'm satisfied with it but it didn't make as dramatic a difference as my Zu cables with my hd650s. Then again, i couldn't abx the sr225s but i could with the hd650s so maybe it was easier to see.

Jan 22, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #178 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Fi'er /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who did your re-cabling? I'm looking for a nice cable upgrade. Anyone may chime in please. I'm looking for who may do a re-cable my SR-225's and what cable is best to use with the SR-225's? I'm already aware of ALO and APuresound. Is ther anyone else?

Thank you kindly.

I will tell you a secret.Its texflex and splitter from one of the sponsors.
It only gets more microfonic
wink.gif

I just had to make them more hippie you know

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #180 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see it Tom, you've still got the original grado plug
tongue.gif

And you're getting them woodyfied? what kind of wood?
Seems like you'll just beat me in being the first in norway with woodyfied sr225s.

Hehe
Ohje waiting for them now.
First i was going for black ebony ones but he said they were not so nice(bad wood or something) so i went for rosewood witch was much better wood.
The headband will come next week i think.

4reel. First wood 225 in Norway. that would make me King Grado of Norway i guess?
Then Mette Marius would be Miine and i could start a grado shop in my castle MUHAHAha.

Hmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back