Grado SR225 Thread
Apr 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #797 of 831
Apr 28, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #799 of 831
Any idea on how are the Ear Zonk replacement pads for SR225i. 

I like my grado sr225i's but my foam pads get soft and crumble after a year of use. In my 4 years of ownership I replaced pads twice and now due for replacement.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #800 of 831
  Any idea on how are the Ear Zonk replacement pads for SR225i. 

I like my grado sr225i's but my foam pads get soft and crumble after a year of use. In my 4 years of ownership I replaced pads twice and now due for replacement.

They are okay, a little softer so better comfort but I haven't had them long enough to see how long they will last.

Also, they change the sound slightly, the bass level seems to be a little less but the highs seems to have more air.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #801 of 831

They are okay, a little softer so better comfort but I haven't had them long enough to see how long they will last.

Also, they change the sound slightly, the bass level seems to be a little less but the highs seems to have more air.

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. 

May 15, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #803 of 831
Hello, you who like me you have the 225, with which you dap occoppia fine for not having a sharp sound and tiring?
The 225 is wound a little tiring as the sound I tried with iBasso dx 80 a disaster, very sharp sound, you who dap advise me who have a warm and detailed example fiio x7, x5, Onkyo dp x1?

May 15, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #804 of 831
  Hello, you who like me you have the 225, with which you dap occoppia fine for not having a sharp sound and tiring?
The 225 is wound a little tiring as the sound I tried with iBasso dx 80 a disaster, very sharp sound, you who dap advise me who have a warm and detailed example fiio x7, x5, Onkyo dp x1?

Have you done any mods to your SR-225e?  I think that doing the mods will give you better results than changing DAPs.  The warmest DAP that I have heard is my original Fiio X3.

May 16, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #808 of 831
  link tanks.

after reading thru many of your past questions, I would suggest getting another headphone from the SR-225e, you are having problems with it not being dynamic then now they are to bright, it seems like its not a sound signature that you like or are looking for.  I have done mods to my SR-225e and I find that the mods can change the sound of the SR-225e a lot, if you go back to post #752.

You also seem to not like your DX-80 DAP, I would suggest selling it and move on to something else, go to the threads for the DAP that you are interested in and see what others are saying about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back