Grado SR225 Thread
Apr 14, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #789 of 831

its the other away around for me..i felt the original X3 is more bright, heck i returned grado sr325e because it was so bright with 1st gen X3

The SR-325e where to bright for me no matter what I used to drive them
blink.gif
, had them for only a week before sending them back

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #791 of 831
  From what I understand the 325e and too bright, the 225th is more balanced?

Would not call 225e more balanced, just not as bright.  Balanced means different things to different people, to me HD-600 would be a "balanced" or neutral headphone, but also somewhat boring at times.

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #792 of 831
  Would not call 225e more balanced, just not as bright.  Balanced means different things to different people, to me HD-600 would be a "balanced" or neutral headphone, but also somewhat boring at times.

most just, in fact I tried the HD650 and with the rock I would say very dull and veiled.

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #793 of 831
  most just, in fact I tried the HD650 and with the rock I would say very dull and veiled.

If you like the SR-225e sound then yes the HD-650 can be dull and veiled to you as you are used to the Grado sound.  Also, since the HD-650 its not easy to drive properly many think its is dull and veiled but use a good OTL amp and it will sound very alive and dynamic, closer to sounding like speakers than many other headphones and very different from most Grado's which are bright to begin with.
The genre of music that you like/prefer is also important in what headphone/sound you will like.  Rock is something that Grado's do well but if you like classical or jazz then the Grado's don't sound as good as other headphones IMO.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #794 of 831
  If you like the SR-225e sound then yes the HD-650 can be dull and veiled to you as you are used to the Grado sound.  Also, since the HD-650 its not easy to drive properly many think its is dull and veiled but use a good OTL amp and it will sound very alive and dynamic, closer to sounding like speakers than many other headphones and very different from most Grado's which are bright to begin with.
The genre of music that you like/prefer is also important in what headphone/sound you will like.  Rock is something that Grado's do well but if you like classical or jazz then the Grado's don't sound as good as other headphones IMO.

I like the sound grado, however, as we know "there is no perfect headphone" on some songs the mid-high is a bit unpleasant.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #795 of 831
Well I play loads of jazz, funk, soul, , and my Sr 225 sound good to me., And my Sr 325i too......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back