Grado SR225 Thread
Mar 16, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #286 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stock pads for the SR80 are the same as the stock pads on the SR225.
If you bought them used together with flat pads, or bought the revised SR80i version,
then you're right. Hope you enjoy them anyways, they're great phones, I've enjoyed them so much that I've got two pairs at the moment, one modded and one stock.

Well I bought them (barely) used off of a fellow H-Fi'er and he actually never took pics of the inside of the cans, just the outside and the packaging. We will find out tomorrow I guess!

If they are the same as the SR80s I will have to look into having them re-padded.

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #287 of 831
You've got the SR80 at hand now?

Do the pads look like this (bowls),
GRADOEARPADS.jpg

or like this (flats)?
gradoearsm.jpg

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #292 of 831
So I enjoyed the SR-225 a few years ago but sold them. Just bought another pair and once they burned in (made a difference on these cans) it made me realize just how boring my Sennheiser HD600 is. The SR-225 isn't much to look at but it makes some great music. They are a lot of fun to listen to.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #293 of 831
The SR225 are a very good pair of cans. I'm definitely of the mind that the 325i is a better all-around headphone, but these are very very close, more comfortable because they dont weigh as much, and are quite a bit cheaper. IMO this is the best bang for the buck in the grado lineup.

Mar 18, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #294 of 831
I'm since 3 days an official owner of the SR225i , love them every single time i put them on . Got probably around 10 hours on them now , probably here and there the sound will change after a couple of hours more but man i do love them allready . I just put everything on them , no matter what , they do sound fantastic . Probably the Senn 595 or 600 is better in some areas but in general these sound so much fun , never harsh ( which i was very afraid for ) and plenty of bass , even more then i wanted .
o2smile.gif

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #295 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by zithro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm since 3 days an official owner of the SR225i , love them every single time i put them on . Got probably around 10 hours on them now , probably here and there the sound will change after a couple of hours more but man i do love them allready . I just put everything on them , no matter what , they do sound fantastic . Probably the Senn 595 or 600 is better in some areas but in general these sound so much fun , never harsh ( which i was very afraid for ) and plenty of bass , even more then i wanted .
o2smile.gif

Really, I just returned my set of SR225i headphones for the opposite reason. I found the bass really lacking. I've upgraded to the SR325is headphones and can say that they are quite a bit better (especially on the low end)!

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #296 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, I just returned my set of SR225i headphones for the opposite reason. I found the bass really lacking. I've upgraded to the SR325is headphones and can say that they are quite a bit better (especially on the low end)!

Weel , the amping makes a big difference on these phones ( maybe on all of them ) and on my laptop they are bassheavy . Which is by far the least audiophile ( ugly word ) in my equipment . I had a brief listening on my sony receiver and they seam to have less bass there or at least less warm . going to try them on all my equipment and then maybe buy a HP amp starting with the cheapest of cheapest because it works very well on my laptop ( a bit to bassheavy and warm there but great fun ) .

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #297 of 831
Quote:

Weel , the amping makes a big difference on these phones ( maybe on all of them ) and on my laptop they are bassheavy . Which is by far the least audiophile ( ugly word ) in my equipment . I had a brief listening on my sony receiver and they seam to have less bass there or at least less warm . going to try them on all my equipment and then maybe buy a HP amp starting with the cheapest of cheapest because it works very well on my laptop ( a bit to bassheavy and warm there but great fun ) .

You EQing your laptop?

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #298 of 831
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTechKid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You EQing your laptop?

Nope , flat as flat can be . Before EQing something i try to enjoy the sound by itself , when the sounds isn't good enough then i EQ it .

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #299 of 831
Quote:

True amping does make a difference, but my comparison between the 225i and 325is was with the same setup (apples to apples comparison).

My setup: iPOD Classic 160Gb - Line out with Sendstation - RA1 Amp - Grado Headphones

I am now looking into an external DAC for my PC to go with my setup.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back