Grado RS1i or straight to LCD-2 for rock?
Nov 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #31 of 34

Quote:
After reading reviews describing the LCD-2 as laid back and it's "polite" reproduction of guitars, I think I'm leaning more towards the Grado.

I'm going to see if the shop I'm going to today has some demo Grados while I'm checking out their Magnepans.

I would not regard the LCD as being laid back in the slightest(apart from the slightly laid back treble).
Guitars are crystal clear and not recessed at all, neither are vocals,drums or anything else.
biggrin.gif

They are very resolving of the source and my source is fast and upfront which means the LCD's are as well.

I find they are superb for Rock and Metal :)

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #32 of 34

Quote:
So I didn't really enjoy the Magnepans. Jumbled soundstage, very little impact and violins just sound wrong.

Seeing as how they are based on the same technology, does this mean I won't like the LCD-2?

According to the recent Playback magazine review of the HE-6's they are more like Magnepans, only with better bass and impact while the LCD'2's are more like Quad speakers.

Dec 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #33 of 34
I picked up a set of RS1i's, and have put about 100 hours of burn-in on them. They are definitely a fun can. I love how light they are, and I personally find them quite comfortable. They might not be as detailed as the Denon, but the mids are far more solid, and they have mucho impact. I find myself tapping my feet and nodding my head with the music much more.

On a side note, how is the treble on the LCD-2 compared to my Stax SR-202? Darker, or brighter, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back