Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread)
Apr 28, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #212 of 722
...so I know I have a build, @thelostMIDrange
 , @i-am-iron-man
 and 
@Konstantin690
 have builds....anyone else out there finished a set yet? 
I've had my drivers and cups for a couple months now but haven't had time to work on them. I just punched out some grills so now all I need to do is solder those cables to the drivers and re-terminate to a balanced 4-pin plug...maybe next week I'll have some time to finish it.

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #213 of 722
I've had my drivers and cups for a couple months now but haven't had time to work on them. I just punched out some grills so now all I need to do is solder those cables to the drivers and re-terminate to a balanced 4-pin plug...maybe next week I'll have some time to finish it.

Would love to get a listen after they are done
biggrin.gif
, yours might be the only one in Hawaii

May 15, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #214 of 722
A build I just finished a few days ago and mailed off to a friend...the outer cups were by Elleven Acoustica, the sleeves, I made myself using Black Limba, and the drivers are of course Ypsilons. The cable was made by @Arty McGhee, the headband is from Turbulent Labs.

May 16, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #216 of 722
  A build I just finished a few days ago and mailed off to a friend...the outer cups were by Elleven Acoustica, the sleeves, I made myself using Black Limba, and the drivers are of course Ypsilons. The cable was made by @Arty McGhee, the headband is from Turbulent Labs.

Just wonderful!!!
How do they sound?

May 16, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #217 of 722

Just wonderful!!!
How do they sound?

Thanks :). The aluminium gives them a lot more control. The sound is more restrained, but also has a better sense of space, if that makes sense?

May 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #218 of 722
Thanks :). The aluminium gives them a lot more control. The sound is more restrained, but also has a better sense of space, if that makes sense?
I bet you get a nice controlled snap of the bass as it were.and yes I bet you about the space.its like the music is being restrained within the chamber and then whoosh of it goes in to ones origins of the brain.a pleasant smile appears on ones face almost of euphoria lol

May 19, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #219 of 722
Hi all, 

I'm not much of a poster, but it's 23:30, I need to be up at 6am, I've had a few glasses of wine and I can't go to bed because:
I'm listening to Moogmemory by Matthew Bourne on a set of Ypsilons in Elleven mahogany cups. And I felt compelled to tell you that it is ******* captivating.
Selling my PS500e's immediately as they are completely redundant.

Over and out.

May 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #220 of 722
  Hi all, 

I'm not much of a poster, but it's 23:30, I need to be up at 6am, I've had a few glasses of wine and I can't go to bed because:
I'm listening to Moogmemory by Matthew Bourne on a set of Ypsilons in Elleven mahogany cups. And I felt compelled to tell you that it is ******* captivating.

Over and out.

Could this be the wine talking. . .

May 22, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #221 of 722
  Hi all, 

Over and out.

I feel you mate, I really do, same thing happened to me and sold both the PS500 and PS1000 for a pair of Ypsilons in mahogany cups.

May 30, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #223 of 722
Anyone try theres with official Grado G-Cush pads? I finds it tightens the bass and evens out the sound a bit. With L-cush pads the bass was really overpowering in hip-hop songs, it could be that my drivers aren't completely flush though.

May 30, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #224 of 722
Nice touch man :grinning: How do they sound ?

Sorry for the late reply. I use G cush- grado pads and find the bass to be very strong in quality and quantity. It is tight, punchy, and extends very low. The mids are neutral, I wish there was more warmth to them. The highs extend fairly high and lean towards being bright. These headphones would do well at low level or moderate listening volumes. The headphones in general are quite detailed, more detailed then senngrados and ms-2s in comparison. However, I prefer the mids, on the senngrados. They have a nice warmth and forward sound. Senngrados also have a wider soundstage with a much more airy sound quality.

If I could combine the two it might be a perfect headphone.

May 30, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #225 of 722
  Sorry for the late reply. I use G cush- grado pads and find the bass to be very strong in quality and quantity. It is tight, punchy, and extends very low. The mids are neutral, I wish there was more warmth to them. The highs extend fairly high and lean towards being bright. These headphones would do well at low level or moderate listening volumes. The headphones in general are quite detailed, more detailed then senngrados and ms-2s in comparison. However, I prefer the mids, on the senngrados. They have a nice warmth and forward sound. Senngrados also have a wider soundstage with a much more airy sound quality.

If I could combine the two it might be a perfect headphone.

So you think the PX-100ii driver might sound better than the Ypsilon depending on the sound signature that the individual likes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back