Grado GS2000e Loaner program
Jun 11, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #52 of 216
There is a big reveal on the 14th but I have no clue what it is.

Thanks!
popcorn.gif

Jun 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #53 of 216
Jun 13, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #55 of 216
Hey guys, I received the loaner pair of Gs2000e today. They got here safe and sound (thanks @AudioAddict). Unfortunately I will be gone on a mini vacation till late tomorrow and decided not to bring the Gs2ke with me since they are not mine and I don't want to risk having anything happen to them.
I'll report back when I get a chance to listen to them and give some initial impressions...
Can't wait to hear them! :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #56 of 216
You can always ship them to me so that I can test them for you.

gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif
gs1000.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #57 of 216
Hey guys, I received the loaner pair of Gs2000e today. They got here safe and sound (thanks @AudioAddict). Unfortunately I will be gone on a mini vacation till late tomorrow and decided not to bring the Gs2ke with me since they are not mine and I don't want to risk having anything happen to them.
I'll report back when I get a chance to listen to them and give some initial impressions...
Can't wait to hear them! :)

Glad they made it safe and sound.

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #58 of 216
So after a few days I FINALLY get a good chance to hear the Gs2ke. I've been up all night and have been listening to them for the last 2 - 3 hours. 

First impressions...

Very refined headphone with excellent tonality. Soundstage is wide but also deep, it does 3d imaging very well. Very good dynamics when the track calls for it. (check out "I'm a man" by the band Chicago).
I do not detect harshness or have come across any sibilance really. Treble is refined. through my listening session tonight the shaker in many tracks kept grabbing my attention (in a good way) were the darn thing actually sounds like a shaker and not just one solid blob of sound. 

Bass tonality and weight seems to be spot on in my book, though not sub bass (this is a Grado after all)...

well, like I said, I've been up all night and it's time to hit the hey. besides the fact that my laptop is out of battery and fixing to die any minute now. MUST FINISH THIS POST BEFORE IT DIES!!! Lol!

more to come later........

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #59 of 216
Thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for adding me to the GS2000e Loaner Program, despite having the originally-intended number of folks signed up ahead of me!  I look forward to comparing them to the GH1/G, the GS1000i, and others of my 25-Grado collection (e.g., GS1000e, PS1000e) and perhaps some non-Grados (e.g., HiFiMAN HE1000), using my 10-feature, 3-way ranking method.  I estimate that given my place in line, I will receive them early-to-mid September, 2016.

I look forward to placing them in the ranking of my Grados.  My suspicion, given those who have said that they are like the GS1000i but with more bass, is that they will end up on top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back