Grado GS2000e Loaner program
May 31, 2016 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 216

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

Looking for 6 Grado fans to review the NEW GS2000e headphones, rules below... the pair we are sending out have a little over 100 hours on them and are terminated with a 4 pin balanced bable and a 1/4" adapter cable is included.

Loaner Program Rules:

Send your name and address as well as a telephone number and your Head-Fi user name to me at todd@ttvjaudio.com. Do NOT PM me as you will not be included in the program without an email.
You will get the loaner for 1 week to use in your home with your system. After your one week is up, you must send it to the next loaner participant. Email me (todd@ttvjaudio.com) the tracking info so I can pass it on to the recipient.
Write a review and post it in this loaner thread. It must be posted in this  thread . Please do not post it somewhere else!
Once you have received the loaner, email me to let me know you have it and I will send the address for the next person.
Our loaner programs are USA only. We are restricted from shipping/selling outside the USA on most products.

Todd

May 31, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 216
Hi All,

The program is FULL! I will post the list of participants tomorrow. There are 8 that have signed up and I cannot take anyone else at this time.

Todd

Jun 1, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 216
I can't wait to hear about everyone's impressions with this one.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #11 of 216
If the program becomes available, I would be interested in taking part of the evaluation process.

Thanks.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 216
  Has the tour list been posted anywhere?

You mean so that those who are domiciled outside the US of A can have a focus for their jealousy?

Jun 4, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #15 of 216
@Todd

The GS2Ke arrived this morning.  Below are a few photos of the opening:

Audio Specs: 
Transducer Type: Dynamic 
Operating Principle: Open Air 
Frequency Response: 4 - 51,000 hz 
SPL 1mW: 99.8 dB 
Normal Impedance: 32 ohms 
Driver Matched dB: .05 dB

The loaner pair is terminated with the 4 pin XLR.  Included is an adapter to the standard 1/4 inch plug.  Also included is a standard 1/4 inch extension cable from the same Grado wire used on the headphones.  

I plan to mainly listen to the GS2Ke through a LH Labs Pulse Infinity v2.0 with the LPS4 balanced into a Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon.  The tunes will be delivered from Roon through a LH Labs 2G USB cable.  

I am looking forward to a very enjoyable week.  I had been thinking about the Dharmas but just a first short listen suggest I need to step back and spend quality time with these. 

I have created a playlist in Roon as follows for my evaluation:

Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades of Blue
Eric Clapton - Layla
The Beatles - Hey Jude
The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun
The Beatles - Let It Be
Halie Loren - I've Got You Under My Skin
Halie Loren - Tango Lullaby
Anne Bisson - Little Black Lake
Anne Bisson - Blue Mind
Anne Bisson - I Live In a Treehouse
Lyn Stanley - The Last Dance