Grado e Series
May 3, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #4,696 of 6,729
Strangest thing... I wake up, rush to the laptop to get my first fix of music, and the left headphone speaker is not working! I was already thinking about testing the wonderful world of Grado warranty, then I remembered to check the System Preferences. And, wouldn't you know it, the balance SOMEHOW shifted all the way to the right!

My own computer trolled me.

Anyway, listening to my 1993 UK release of Modern Life is Rubbish, and it sounds as good as it ever did.

May 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #4,697 of 6,729
KKT3, sorry to hear about your impersonal issues with your computer :smirk:!

Will have to check your recommendation. Listening to Dire Straights Brothers in Arms 24/96 on the PS1k, trying to type but can't stop intently listening. Ah, sonic bliss, this is.....:musical_score:..

May 3, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #4,698 of 6,729

Will have to check your recommendation. Listening to Dire Straights Brothers in Arms 24/96 on the PS1k, trying to type but can't stop intently listening. Ah, sonic bliss, this is.....:musical_score:..

If you seriously plan on buying that version of the album, get it from Discogs. They categorize albums based on country of manufacture AND year.

May 3, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #4,699 of 6,729

one of my references, and just a great album
telegraph road too

May 3, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #4,701 of 6,729
A Jock on a local FM Station mentioned a study by an Audio Engineer (I didn't catch who) did a study on albums "loudness" and dynamic range (again she didn't give a time frame) and Dire Straights "Brothers in Arms" had the greatest, and something from Oasis tied for loudest/least dynamic range. Of course the DJ completely misunderstood the study and thought loudness was a good thing.

May 3, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #4,703 of 6,729

Brothers In Arms is a great album, I have on vinyl.

A few years ago, if someone would've told me that I would eventually be listening to vinyls, with my forensic PS1k, I would've called them, crazy, and yet....

May 4, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #4,706 of 6,729
May 4, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #4,707 of 6,729
  one of my references, and just a great album
telegraph road too

Knopfler's album, "Shangri-La" is my favorite. In hi-res 96/24. "Don't Crash the Ambulance", "Our Shangri-La", "Back to Tupelo", and "515 a.m." are sublime songs.

May 4, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #4,709 of 6,729

Knopfler's album, "Shangri-La" is my favorite. In hi-res 96/24. "Don't Crash the Ambulance", "Our Shangri-La", "Back to Tupelo", and "515 a.m." are sublime songs.

thanks CM !
hadn't listened to this in a while, doing so now (44/16) still good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back