Grado e Series
Mar 14, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #4,157 of 6,729
Oh yeah. I think I actually really like the bass on the RS2e's. The extension can't match my Ety ER-4S's, but it's not boomy or loose. It's open and transparent and natural and is just continuing to open up more. If a song has bass the 2e's respond! Rihanna is sounding freaking awesome on these. Oh yeah. Yes. Really liking Rihanna through these!

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #4,158 of 6,729
  Anybody have any Fusion Jazz that sounds good on their Grados. Something old school, like Weather Report.

It's not fusion Jazz, but I HIGHLY recommend ANY of these Cd's from "Fourplay" (extreme musical talent). Their recordings are excellent and the Grados just sing beautifully with them!!!

Best of Fourplay
Journey
Heartfelt
Elixir
Let's Touch The Sky
Yes, Please!
X

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #4,160 of 6,729
Oh yeah. I think I actually really like the bass on the RS2e's. The extension can't match my Ety ER-4S's, but it's not boomy or loose. It's open and transparent and natural and is just continuing to open up more. If a song has bass the 2e's respond! Rihanna is sounding freaking awesome on these. Oh yeah. Yes. Really liking Rihanna through these!

That’s true - if there’s bass - the 2e’s do respond.  Sometimes they can sound a little light, until a bass heavy track comes on.  Check out Lose Yourself to Dance on Daft Punk’s latest album.  Bass never gets out of control, and doesn’t muddy up the mids...

BTW, an electronic album I’ve been getting into lately, that sounds great on Grados:
Little Dragon,  Nabuma Rubberband :)

Mar 14, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #4,161 of 6,729
That’s true - if there’s bass - the 2e’s do respond.  Sometimes they can sound a little light, until a bass heavy track comes on.  Check out Lose Yourself to Dance on Daft Punk’s latest album.  Bass never gets out of control, and doesn’t muddy up the mids...

BTW, an electronic album I’ve been getting into lately, that sounds great on Grados:
Little Dragon,  Nabuma Rubberband :)

Oh yeah, Daft Punk's latest is pretty awesome! Don't own it yet but it's on my list.

I'll check out Little Dragan! Thanks for the recommendation.

I just can't stop listening to these headphones! I should really stop and call it a night, but they just sound so good! Listening to Duffy's Rockferry right now, Delayed Devotion. But that's it. I'm stopping. I am. I think. Probably. :)

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #4,164 of 6,729
Al Di Meola - Elegant Gypsy is worth checking out if you are into more guitar based jazz stuff.

Mar 14, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #4,165 of 6,729
L-cush are awesome! I agree.

Headphone weights include cables. The RS2e is lighter than 225e, if my kinesthetic memory serves. Weigh it with the cable and we'll see. But they are close in any event.

Weighed the SR225i/e with cable weight included.

SR225i/e total weight              = 285g
SR225i/e without cable weight = 200g

Surprising the 325e comes in at 330g with its aluminium. Anyway, maybe someone will be able to add the GS1000/e and the PS1000/e weights.

Mar 14, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #4,167 of 6,729
I liked the L cushion on the 325e more than the S cushion on the 80s.  But the optional G cushion is the most comfortable for me.
I can be wrong but my impression is that the 325e has become Grado's most populair headphone, also amongst reviewers. They might have the best quality/ price balance as far as top headphones go, well at least in the US

Mar 14, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #4,168 of 6,729
I can be wrong but my impression is that the 325e has become Grado's most populair headphone, also amongst reviewers. They might have the best quality/ price balance as far as top headphones go, well at least in the US

i don't know about most popular, but it is great, i had one, and as joedoe say, pound for pound, it just may be the best 

Mar 14, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #4,170 of 6,729
  It's not fusion Jazz, but I HIGHLY recommend ANY of these Cd's from "Fourplay" (extreme musical talent). Their recordings are excellent and the Grados just sing beautifully with them!!!

Best of Fourplay
Journey
Heartfelt
Elixir
Let's Touch The Sky
Yes, Please!
X

Hey Joseph, I totally agree with you about Fourplay. Four of the best in the contempo jazz business and the sound quality of their recordings is A+!
Also, you have just got to listen to anything by Acoustic Alchemy. Definitely my favourite contempo jazz guitar band. So melodic and they sound fantastic on Grados!

Cheers! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back