Grado e Series
Jan 20, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #3,106 of 6,729
where are the folks who are saying grado is revising the rs1e getting their info , has grado acknowledged this ?

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #3,108 of 6,729
  This is exactly what I want to know???
I never heard such a thing.

i can't imagine that are doing that, and i haven't heard anyone say where they've heard this
is it just scuttlebutt ?

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #3,109 of 6,729
I asked Rich Grado in an email if there were going to be any revisions to the RS1e.  He said that there definitely would NOT be any....
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #3,110 of 6,729
"where are the folks who are saying grado is revising the rs1e getting their info , has grado acknowledged this ?"

If there is obvious change like in headband color  grado did mention but some structural changes , for example driver positioning, earcup size change,  that is hardly noticeable until one do the measurement, don't think Grado will tell you in a straight-forward way. Of course, some will like Grado to acknowledge publicly every change make to the headphone no matter how minor it seems as they may impact the sound signature in one way or another but I don't think that is feasible whether it is Grado or other headphone companies. So we have to rely on this community to find out and make our own conclusion based on reasonable evidences ( if you notice how some curious headfi-ers take the effort to do the measurement and upload the photo which provide good support evidence). 

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #3,111 of 6,729
  "where are the folks who are saying grado is revising the rs1e getting their info , has grado acknowledged this ?"

If there is obvious change like in headband color  grado did mention but some structural changes , for example driver positioning, earcup size change,  that is hardly noticeable until one do the measurement, don't think Grado will tell you in a straight-forward way. Of course, some will like Grado to acknowledge publicly every change make to the headphone no matter how minor it seems as they may impact the sound signature in one way or another but I don't think that is feasible whether it is Grado or other headphone companies. So we have to rely on this community to find out and make our own conclusion based on reasonable evidences ( if you notice how some curious headfi-ers take the effort to do the measurement and upload the photo which provide good support evidence). 

well, i suppose that's possible, but that just like rumor to me, until grado confirms changes, i'll be pretty skeptical

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #3,112 of 6,729
  i can't imagine that are doing that, and i haven't heard anyone say where they've heard this
is it just scuttlebutt ?

All rumors and wishful thinking!

I asked Rich Grado in an email if there were going to be any revisions to the RS1e.  He said that there definitely would NOT be any....
frown.gif

Thank you very much for clearing up this rumor! 
smile.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #3,114 of 6,729

well, i suppose that's possible, but that just like rumor to me, until grado confirms changes, i'll be pretty skeptical

+1.....me too

I would love it to happen....however, I think it is just wishful thinking.

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #3,115 of 6,729
Yes, it seens that Grado is listening. The RS1e with the brown headband do have less protruding drivers compare to the early RS1e to lessen the muffled sound. People in the Chinese forums are saying the new brown headband RS1e sounds quite a bit like the original RS1 with button.

I guess I got it from this post. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #3,116 of 6,729
One has to wonder if the tan headband is a revision of the rs1e after all or is it still the original rs1e. The Chinese seem to have sensitive ears.

Jan 20, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #3,118 of 6,729
Does anyone know if the e series has been measured for comparison against the prior i series? I'm in the process of choosing between the RS1e, PS500e, and the GS1000e, and I can't audition any of them. My only option is to buy them from amazon then return them. This means a possible 4 purchases and 3 returns. That isn't ideal, and I hate to make that much stock "not new" anymore for the seller.

Questions I have:

How much will the bass improve on a GS1000e over time?

How does the bass of the three headphones compare?

Is there some conspiracy to keep graphs of the new e series off the net because they aren't any different?

I appreciate your experienced input!

If this helps, I primarily listen to: Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, The Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Ambient Space Music, and movie and game soundtracks.

If you're a bass lover then your only options are the ps500e or the ps1000e.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #3,119 of 6,729
I've had my 325e's for almost a month now and I'm thoroughly enjoying them.  This is my first foray into headphones after 35 years of speaker listening.  Anyhow, I just received a set of EarZonk G cushions today and I'm in the process of figuring out what I think of them.  My first impressions are that they sound fuller and a little more distant, but it is hard switching back and forth quickly.  I think it will take some time and listening to several tracks/albums in their entirety and compare both the G's and L's.  As far as comfort goes there is no comparison, the G's are better.  One additional I thing I notice is that they don't quite feel as secure on my head.  Just something else to tinker with........love it.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #3,120 of 6,729
IMO you can forget about the RS1e until Grado finalize its change sonically and physically.  You probably want to try Rs2e instead.

PS500e  for closed-in and room-type performance  => power ballad, rock, electronic, acoustic vocal performance, jazz
Gs1000e for hall-type performance => Ambient Space Music, and movie and game soundtracks, classical  ...   the g-cush seems to simulate reverb/echo to project a hall-like performance. In comparison the mid is pushed back compare to ps500e.

Can't say if one is better than the other.

Maybe you can just get ps500e and then add a g-cush ... perhaps best of both world and maybe the  sound is acceptable to you with g-cush should you need to play those movie, ambient music, classical etc ?

I am enjoying my 500e with G's, with all genre. Though @Chailee80 thought they damaged the mid-range, I disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back