Grado e Series
Oct 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #2,041 of 6,729
Joseph Grado is that you?
XLR8, no lasts names please. Anonymity is one of the foundations of this program.

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,042 of 6,729
YES! M.H, my PVR is ready to go, I guess you're a Leafs fan, then.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #2,044 of 6,729
Have a question regarding the e series. I recently got my ps500e and discovered that the serial number is etched or rather scratched into the plastic. Is this normal or did mine get vandalized by a 3 year old?

what plastic part are you referring to?

On my ps500e the serial number is at the bottom on the inside of the mahagony cup at the area right where the cable goes in,and appears neither etched nor scratched but written with what seems to be a thin felt tip marker (it could have been etched first then gone over with pen,but if that's the case it is a very shallow etching,so much so i can't even feel any indentation running my fingers over it) and mine came directly from Grado Labs by way of TTVJ. do Grado put the serial number in more than one area? if you look closely at Oracles picture here -  http://www.head-fi.org/t/722571/lightbox/post/10633871/id/1129337 you'll see the last number of the serial in the same area.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,045 of 6,729

what plastic part are you referring to?

On my ps500e the serial number is at the bottom on the inside of the mahagony cup at the area right where the cable goes in,and appears neither etched nor scratched but written with what seems to be a thin felt tip marker (it could have been etched first then gone over with pen,but if that's the case it is a very shallow etching,so much so i can't even feel any indentation running my fingers over it) and mine came directly from Grado Labs by way of TTVJ. do Grado put the serial number in more than one area? if you look closely at Oracles picture here -  http://www.head-fi.org/t/722571/lightbox/post/10633871/id/1129337 you'll see the last number of the serial in the same area.

I am referring to this.. Circled in red

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #2,046 of 6,729

I am referring to this.. Circled in red

Oh okay those are the rod blocks, I just looked and mine have the serial number etched there as well.and its the same number as is written on the mahagony part of the cups.

i didn't know this til just now!
dt880smile.png
so no yours haven't been vandalized.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #2,047 of 6,729

i too was not hip to "habs" or "original six" joseph, and i do follow sports, well football, and baseball, you know, REAL SPORTS !  
biggrin.gif
  ( i jest of course)

Hockey is just like baseball and football, but for it is for men. 
wink_face.gif
 I keed...I keed...I'm a huge baseball fan (with hockey my favourite two sports) and I love football too (real football though...the kind with 3 downs
tongue.gif
).

YES! M.H, my PVR is ready to go, I guess you're a Leafs fan, then.

Third generation Leaf fan...my 6 year old is taking up the torch for the 4th generation already.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #2,048 of 6,729
  Oh okay those are the rod blocks, I just looked and mine have the serial number etched there as well.and its the same number as is written on the mahagony part of the cups.

i didn't know this til just now!
dt880smile.png
so no yours haven't been vandalized.

Didn't know what they were called. Rod Blocks. Learnt something new today
biggrin.gif

It looked like some kid scratched it up, hence was concerned. I am guessing now if it aint perfect, its a Grado.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #2,049 of 6,729

Didn't know what they were called. Rod Blocks. Learnt something new today
biggrin.gif

It looked like some kid scratched it up, hence was concerned. I am guessing now if it aint perfect, its a Grado.

if you really wanted to spruce up your ps500e you can even order a pair of aluminum rodblocks w gimbals (the horseshoe shaped pieces which hold the earcups in place)
from martin audio and your ps500e would look similar to these hf2's.

granted they are not inexpensive ($140) but damn they look sharp!  http://www.martincustomaudio.com/p/sale-aluminum-gimbals-rodblocks.html

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #2,050 of 6,729
Hi,
I currently have the sr80e, they are great headphones but when I plug to an Ipod touch in order to get a high quality and detailed sound I must set the volume quite louder. They seem to me, too much closers to my ears and I get fatigated. So do you think the sr60e are much more laid back than the sr80e or just a little more? Do you recommendme an downgrade to this model?

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,051 of 6,729
Hi,
I currently have the sr80e, they are great headphones but when I plug to an Ipod touch in order to get a high quality and detailed sound I must set the volume quite louder. They seem to me, too much closers to my ears and I get fatigated. So do you think the sr60e are much more laid back than the sr80e or just a little more? Do you recommendme an downgrade to this model?

I would personally let them burn-in more.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #2,054 of 6,729
400 hours should be plenty. You might try the tape mod, as outline here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/148598/grado-basshead-mod.

Also, have you tried any other sources? Would be smart to try some other things and see how the sound changes. If the music on your iPod is of a low bit-rate, that could be part of the issue.

Neverdien could be right in suggesting the Alessandro line, if you still find the 80s to bright.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,055 of 6,729
New crossfeed plugin that works awesome with grados and maybe other cans to be tested tomorrow....... new foobar plugin the meier crossfeed plugin Fantastic amazing shyte

Users who are viewing this thread

Back