Grado e Series
Jul 31, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,158 of 6,729
Got the colorfly c4 yesterday. ...sorry to say it does not pair well with my grado...ear bleeding...I dont blame the player, its amazing completely opened up my lcdr1s....but kinda bummed I was really hoping they would work well together... my wallet is not gona be happy..

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #1,159 of 6,729
What you mean by darker sound? More deep bass and smoother treble?

Warmer sound. Less peaky treble. Lower mids sometimes emphasized too. Not always more deep bass.
Audio 101:
https://sites.google.com/site/audiomeisterssystem/audio-terminology

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #1,160 of 6,729
Got the colorfly c4 yesterday. ...sorry to say it does not pair well with my grado...ear bleeding...I dont blame the player, its amazing completely opened up my lcdr1s....but kinda bummed I was really hoping they would work well together... my wallet is not gona be happy..

Bummer. What specifically is the problem? Too much treble? Not enough power?

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #1,161 of 6,729

Can you get a refund/exchange?
What are "lcdr1s"?

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #1,162 of 6,729
Oh sorry audeze lcd2 r1. Grado becomes very bright ..not sure if its just the treble mids as well. . The c4 is awesome tho has more power than my ibasso pb2 so gona keep it...lol maybe there such a thing as dac burn in ..heheh

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #1,164 of 6,729
Oh sorry audeze lcd2 r1. Grado becomes very bright ..not sure if its just the treble mids as well. . The c4 is awesome tho has more power than my ibasso pb2 so gona keep it...lol maybe there such a thing as dac burn in ..heheh

My experience with Grados is that they work very well at modest volumes. Turn it up and they become too bright, in my experience. Try it at low volume.

I don't believe in burn in, especially of DACs and digital players. That's for another thread....

It's your ears and synapses adjusting to the new sound.

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #1,166 of 6,729
My experience with Grados is that they work very well at modest volumes. Turn it up and they become too bright, in my experience. Try it at low volume.

I don't believe in burn in, especially of DACs and digital players. That's for another thread....

It's your ears and synapses adjusting to the new sound.
I have the same experience with my GR10, they Don't need an amp really, the brightness problem i solved with Comply tips and the bass boost on ( iPhone 5s) now they sound perfect but still at modest volume, which is most to my liking

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #1,167 of 6,729
I don't know why people keep raving about Grados at low volume... For me the 325s start to really shine only when the volume is LOUD.

Jul 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,170 of 6,729
  I don't know why people keep raving about Grados at low volume... For me the 325s start to really shine only when the volume is LOUD.

the higher Grados like GS1000i and PS500 are tuned to sound great at modest volumes. Besides, it's genre-dependent and personal. 1. I don't want to ruin my hearing, 2. Who listens to chamber quartets and choral/symphonies at full blast with cans? Suicidal, imo.

It's how the music affects my SOUL deep down, man, that counts. And that's usually soft, sweet music at low volumes when I can hear delicate ambience and wood resonances of string instruments. Yeah.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back