Grado and Sennheiser factory view
Jul 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #121 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone actually know how dealers/grado treats customers that want to replace dented/scratched headphones for ones that arent?

Are they under warranty? I dunno if they will replace them and may say that they were abused and not a manufacturing defect. They will repair them though for a fee. I would contact Grado and let them know your problem.

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #122 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An out of box RS1,there is a scratch on the left driver too (bottom left).
imagine how hard they hit to make this.that's how they treat their products and customers.
no Quality Control, because they just don't fxxvking care.
A real hi-end manufacturer don't do things this way.
and I don't think the timbre is good,sounds machine EQed,not realistic nor natural, sorry

So, did you express your dissatisfaction to Grado when you received these?

Jul 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #123 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they under warranty? I dunno if they will replace them and may say that they were abused and not a manufacturing defect. They will repair them though for a fee. I would contact Grado and let them know your problem.

Oh I dont have a problem with them at all, my MS1s are in perfect condition (bought 2nd hand), but I'm considering Rs1i's in the future and would like to know what i'm dealing with...

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #124 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomiccow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you ask why Grado, after ten years and tens of thousands of dollars, haven't figured out how to make headphones that actually fit comfortably on the head?

They have.

Quote:

If I invest 1000+ dollars on a headphone, I really wouldn't expect it to share the same headband and cup adjustments as a 100 dollar one.

They don't.

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #125 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Yes, indeed attitude matters. Senn's attitude is, if you don't have at least $400 MSRP or so to pony up for headphones, you don't matter ...

Hey I can't let that stand. I own both Senns and Grados ... love 'em all ... and beyer too ... but I will not allow you to impugn Sennheiser's customer service or dedication to the consumer.

I have had many dealings with Senn (I buy used Senn gear and bring it to Senn for repair). I have visited their U.S. HQ in Connecticut a few times. They don't know me from Adam, I am not in the industry or anything, not even a fan boy on Head-Fi, as I often recommend beyer (which they probably know, since they asked me for my Head-Fi handle -- they are very aware of this place). Nonetheless, I get royal treatment -- just a walk in, unannounced, with broken HPs under my arm.

I got a tour. I held in my hands the Oscar, Emmy, and Grammy they have won (yea, yea, they're replicas, the real ones are in Germany). A marketing guy saw me hanging out in the lobby and we reviewed together the huge illustrated history of Senn they have hanging on their wall -- they are proudest of the 414! Inexpensive! The biggest seller in the history of headphones! It gets more mention than the Orpheus.

Four or five different repair people, parts people, and customer reps have worked with me. They always call back, and answer emails. One -- imagine this -- when I phoned from my car to see how late they were open -- got a web cam of I-95 up on his screen and guided me in real-time around a traffic accident. This for a customer who has spent a lifetime total of $600 with them (everything else I bought second-hand which gets them nothing!).

They make the PX-100, a very inexpensive HP with fantastic SQ. They make a fine line of under $100 sport and popular cans and buds -- just saw the huge display today at a shop in Newark Airport (a well-known place that sells a lot of gear -- I got my Shure 530's there, and at Can Jam 09 the Shure guys were telling me what a fine shop it is -- and I chatted with the shop about the modestly-priced Senn line and they love it!).

Senn gets aces on quality control, customer service, and dedication to SQ. They care about the thrifty consumer every bit as much as the fellow with $1.5K in his wallet ordering the HD800.

I run a little company, 75 people, and every day I think "I hope I can delight my customers the way Sennheiser delights me". Senn = Good People.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #126 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I can't let that stand. I own both Senns and Grados ... love 'em all ... and beyer too ... but I will not allow you to impugn Sennheiser's customer service or dedication to the consumer.

I have had many dealings with Senn (I buy used Senn gear and bring it to Senn for repair). I have visited their U.S. HQ in Connecticut a few times. They don't know me from Adam, I am not in the industry or anything, not even a fan boy on Head-Fi, as I often recommend beyer (which they probably know, since they asked me for my Head-Fi handle -- they are very aware of this place). Nonetheless, I get royal treatment -- just a walk in, unannounced, with broken HPs under my arm.

I got a tour. I held in my hands the Oscar, Emmy, and Grammy they have won (yea, yea, they're replicas, the real ones are in Germany). A marketing guy saw me hanging out in the lobby and we reviewed together the huge illustrated history of Senn they have hanging on their wall -- they are proudest of the 414! Inexpensive! The biggest seller in the history of headphones! It gets more mention than the Orpheus.

Four or five different repair people, parts people, and customer reps have worked with me. They always call back, and answer emails. One -- imagine this -- when I phoned from my car to see how late they were open -- got a web cam of I-95 up on his screen and guided me in real-time around a traffic accident. This for a customer who has spent a lifetime total of $600 with them (everything else I bought second-hand which gets them nothing!).

They make the PX-100, a very inexpensive HP with fantastic SQ. They make a fine line of under $100 sport and popular cans and buds -- just saw the huge display today at a shop in Newark Airport (a well-known place that sells a lot of gear -- I got my Shure 530's there, and at Can Jam 09 the Shure guys were telling me what a fine shop it is -- and I chatted with the shop about the modestly-priced Senn line and they love it!).

Senn gets aces on quality control, customer service, and dedication to SQ. They care about the thrifty consumer every bit as much as the fellow with $1.5K in his wallet ordering the HD800.

I run a little company, 75 people, and every day I think "I hope I can delight my customers the way Sennheiser delights me". Senn = Good People.

Hehe...you win! I'm sorry! I got a little hot-headed there. I wasn't impugning Senn's QC or customer service (I've dealt with them too, though not as much as you...they are great), but pointing out their seeming focus on high-end 'phones. Though, yes, I do have a pair of mid-range Senns that I absolutely love, so I guess I was talking out of my rear. I guess my irritation at the previous poster came out as undeserved irritation at Senn.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #127 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great information. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #128 of 143
Now I'm feeling the Senn love around here! Yea!

And while I have the mike, let me also say that the US HQ of beyerdynamics on Long Island is just as responsive -- I haven't driven there, but they have done repairs and other things for me, always going the extra mile, always answering emails, and so on. Another great company!

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #129 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An out of box RS1,there is a scratch on the left driver too (bottom left).
imagine how hard they hit to make this.that's how they treat their products and customers.
no Quality Control, because they just don't fxxvking care.
A real hi-end manufacturer don't do things this way.
and I don't think the timbre is good,sounds machine EQed,not realistic nor natural, sorry
8_140772_befb247c92f4d49.jpg

8_140772_fa322ab13317180.jpg

Hey! Pkshan , why you forget to quote this photo record about Grado's new introduced top model. it is wondered that what quality control John has done before his product reach customer!!!!!!!!

090710201621256c5fb532b006.jpg

Jul 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #130 of 143
Also, why can't Grado paint the SR series with something that lasts? My SR225 started shedding the silver paint just because I looked at them wrong.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #131 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, though...if a product's not OK, you return it; if you keep it, it stands to reason you think it's OK. I don't see where his line of reasoning's gone wrong.

He basically told the other guy to shut up and stop complaining, after he mentioned there was a fingerprint on his headphone, which wasn't a complain, just an observation. Do you know what ad hominem means? I was attacking his response, not the man himself (per se
tongue.gif
). Also, your logic is twisted. Just because you keep a product doesn't mean you have to love everything about it and never metion it's faults - that's fanboy logic.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #132 of 143
One of the main things I think the photos show is that Grado really need a more switched on marketing dept, there is no way I'd let photos of that quality onto the website for a company I worked for. Does make you worry about the QA level of Grado, has anyone ever compared the same model from different batches to see if there is a consistent sound quality?

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #133 of 143
orginal post was by audiojunkies that visited the grado labs facility. it wasnt grado that posted the photo but at least we had a look on how the place look like. but i guess that we need to visit the place on our own before we make a judgement as audiojunkies only post some. perhaps they should at least take a look at the photo 1st military style but at least they are open about it!!!!!

Grado Labs Facility Tour [audiojunkies]

as for blog post, i guess that was somewhat a bias'd comparsion. i believed that many of us here still love grado product and even if its other brand that pays more in marketing, branding and quality control section. not many sound as good.

there are always a few that gotten damaged along the way, but it might have gotten it along the shipement? we never really know.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #134 of 143
The quality of Grado headphones are downright terrible.

It is beyond me that so many people defend Grado about the quality issue.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #135 of 143
I broke the code, we can finally defeat the Russians!

Why do people like Grado, their build quality and design is terrible.

We like their sound quality, even if other companies have better manufacturing.

Why are they so cheap with their equipment, do they like being inefficient?

The cost of modern equipment makes it impossible. Handmade isn't necessarily bad.

The cost of modern equipment makes it impossible. Handmade isn't necessarily bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back