GR9 iPod Transport???
Nov 4, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #17 of 131
Hehehe, looks like a preorder list has started accidentally. But guys, please feel free to join in. I figure the more sign up we have, the sooner we will get it.

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 131
This solution might even be enough to get me to buy an iPod. So far I've resisted assimilation by the iTunes BORG commune. Flac is my game. But if ALO/GR9 get the go-ahead from Apple, then Apple gets a customer they never would have had otherwise. Surely they will see the light (how could they resist getting a guaranteed ONE new customer by saying "yes"?) LMAO

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #19 of 131
Hey Ken,
Assuming the transport/DAC comes to fruition, what type of connectors does it use. More specifically could the digital input for the transport work in home, non-moble rigs as well, (like with a computer)?

Thanks

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #21 of 131
I'm not in the secret, but if you can directely drive the RX with the GR9 line out, it must include an internal dac.

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #22 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not in the secret, but if you can directely drive the RX with the GR9 line out, it must include an internal dac.

Maybe, someting to bypass it 'll be a +.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #25 of 131
John it is not for pre-order or anything yet according to what Ken is saying a sister company is the one making it though Ken may be selling it through his site? Just was looking out for you because it seems writing on here isn't promising a unit or anything like that as of yet.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #26 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by imademymark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did read that part, but I do hope there is someway to use our own dac though, possibly through a coax/ usb output which would be awesome

It will def. have a internal dac but I could see some sort of circuitry to be put in place that could allow you to send the signal to a port instead of to the internal dac board. Time will tell but I don't know if there is enough demand for that to get Ken to include it.

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #27 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John it is not for pre-order or anything yet according to what Ken is saying a sister company is the one making it though Ken may be selling it through his site? Just was looking out for you because it seems writing on here isn't promising a unit or anything like that as of yet.

Thanks

I just skimmed the thread. This sounds like something I have been waiting years for. I have the MSB one for home (similar to the Wadia) I wonder if MSB went through Apple for permission. Something tells me no, as it was not mass produced... and it also requires a hack to your I-pod

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #29 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks

I just skimmed the thread. This sounds like something I have been waiting years for. I have the MSB one for home (similar to the Wadia) I wonder if MSB went through Apple for permission. Something tells me no, as it was not mass produced... and it also requires a hack to your I-pod

Prob not then
tongue.gif
I have been waiting a while as well and I actually imagined this product exactly as the g9 is supposedly meant to work in my head months ago. I am glad to see it is being pursued now.

Nov 24, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #30 of 131
i would like to know how to connect the whole setup actually?

ipod->lod->g9->Rx->headphone ?

or

ipod->g9->Rx-> headphone ?

how the g9 connect with the ipod? does the g9 have a 3.5mm input or something else? what's the difference between g9 and lod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back