GR9 iPod Transport???
Nov 24, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #31 of 131
It will have to use a lod of some sort to get the data from the ipod to the unit. I would think they would somehow get a lod to do it I am hoping because I really like my interconnects and don't feel like changing em
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #32 of 131
thanks hockeyb213, that means their female lineout mini dock and my 3.5mm to 3.5mm can work in the whole chain right?

something like....

ipod->female lineout dock-> 3.5 to 3.5 cable ->g9->3.5 to 3.5 cable->Rx->headphone

wow, that's a bit complicated

maybe the female lineout dock part should merge to one single lod then....

Nov 24, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #33 of 131
Well it all depends on hoe the gr9 is structured. I would hope they could accomplish it by using a standard lod but it is not a big deal to get another one because the signal would be digital at that point in the chain and as we all know they type of cable does not matter when you are sending 1's and 0's across it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #37 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wondering if in the future, it will be possible to combine both the RX amp and the GR9 iTransport into the same enclosure, something along the line of the Pico DAC+AMP.

Xuan87,

Good segue, I can tell you that there will shortly be a Rx USB Li-Ion powered DAC. This will be will uses the same enclosure as the Rx is in now. Because Matt is the Obi-wan on battery charging circuitry, it will have a long play time.

There will at the same time be a Rx SPDIF DAC, also in the same thin Rx enclosure.

More details soon.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #38 of 131
And for ipod ?
Waiting for the RX transport / dac to use the digital signal direct from ipod...

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #39 of 131
I was hoping to use a Pico DAC as my source to replace my iPod, but if this comes out within 6 months or so, count me in. Being off the grid is the best thing I have ever done for my quality of listening.

Ken, do you think you could make a short run cable of USB to be used with this new DAC? 6 inches or so would be perfect when using it as a primary source, short signal paths and your quality cables and all.

Nov 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #41 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xuan87,

Good segue, I can tell you that there will shortly be a Rx USB Li-Ion powered DAC. This will be will uses the same enclosure as the Rx is in now. Because Matt is the Obi-wan on battery charging circuitry, it will have a long play time.

There will at the same time be a Rx SPDIF DAC, also in the same thin Rx enclosure.

More details soon.

Ken

Ken: This is too exciting. Can I clarify your point. Are you saying there are going to be two DAC, one is a usb and the other is a Spdif Dac? Will there be a Rx amp/dac combo unit? Thanks for giving us what we want, it's a rare practice in product development.

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #42 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken: This is too exciting. Can I clarify your point. Are you saying there are going to be two DAC, one is a usb and the other is a Spdif Dac? Will there be a Rx amp/dac combo unit? Thanks for giving us what we want, it's a rare practice in product development.

i'm guessing that there will be but not in the near future.

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #45 of 131
Yes some Update Ken ?
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back