GR07 vs SE215 comparison reviews / impressions
May 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #16 of 42
OK I guess I'm going to find out...

New Ebay reseller appeared and they had a "make us an offer" button so I offered $5 less than their $150 price tag and they accepted it! So I now have pair of these coming in for $145! Just hope the wife doesn't notice the dip in the account DOH!. I am hoping these will bridge the gap between the high detail but somewhat sterile sound of my SM3 and the funner but not detailed nor treble enough SE215 and if they are more comfortable then that will just be the icing on the cake. If not, the good news is I don't think I will having trouble reselling them.

Congratulations! I'm eager to hear what you think of them.

In my mind they are better than the SE215's in every way, but I do prefer a more balanced sound.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the comfort.

May 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #17 of 42

Quote:
In my mind they are better than the SE215's in every way, but I do prefer a more balanced sound.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the comfort.

Agreed. They are both terrific IEM on their own.

May 19, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #18 of 42
I will do up a review of them both starting with the SE215 since I have them now and then the GR07 when they arrive over the next couple weeks.

I did go crazy this week though as I also have a pair of dual dynamic IEM's coming from that new Korean manufacturer as well lol. I suspect they won't quite on par with either of these but they might surprise me.

May 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #20 of 42
For those who currently own the SE215, do they do well with EDM? I like a lot of electronic music and was hoping that these do well with them.

May 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #21 of 42

Quote:
For those who currently own the SE215, do they do well with EDM? I like a lot of electronic music and was hoping that these do well with them.

I just listen to Duft Punk and SE215 sounds fine with it. Personally I would like a more u-shaped sounding IEM for electronic though.

May 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #23 of 42
Yeah, it's pretty good for electronic music, but the bass sometimes lacks strong "impact," but it is very good mostly.  Can use a little more in the highs though, but I'm pretty sure it still extends higher than the SE215 does.

May 20, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #24 of 42

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty good for electronic music, but the bass sometimes lacks strong "impact," but it is very good mostly.  Can use a little more in the highs though, but I'm pretty sure it still extends higher than the SE215 does.

I might just be reading this wrong, but what are you referring to here?

May 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #25 of 42

Quote:
I might just be reading this wrong, but what are you referring to here?

Most reviews I've read of the SE215 usually say something along the lines of treble response not quite reaching high enough for them.  I don't have an SE215 myself so I can't personally compare them, but the highs of the GR07 definitely aren't that lacking.

May 20, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #26 of 42

Quote:
Most reviews I've read of the SE215 usually say something along the lines of treble response not quite reaching high enough for them.  I don't have an SE215 myself so I can't personally compare them, but the highs of the GR07 definitely aren't that lacking.

Oh I understand. I didn't get that you were comparing the 215 to the GR07... my bad. I ordered the SE215s earlier today and was just asking to see if people liked them for EDM before I got a chance to test 'em myself. Anyway, thanks for your input. I'll make sure that I give them a real critical listen session. I'm not too great at picking out details about headphones right away,but I'll try and let you know. Also this is my first pair of good IEMs so I don't know what to expect.

May 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 42

Quote:
Oh I understand. I didn't get that you were comparing the 215 to the GR07... my bad. I ordered the SE215s earlier today and was just asking to see if people liked them for EDM before I got a chance to test 'em myself. Anyway, thanks for your input. I'll make sure that I give them a real critical listen session. I'm not too great at picking out details about headphones right away,but I'll try and let you know. Also this is my first pair of good IEMs so I don't know what to expect.

Most people who have tried them like them, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed for your first "good" pair of IEMs.  The only issue I've seen that's of much note is the build quality issues...a few people are reporting that the left earpiece stops working after awhile, and I think it's not simply to do with the cable breaking.  Still, that's an issue that has to be brought up with Shure.  They'd have to fix it if it is a problem with their engineering.

May 20, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #28 of 42

Quote:
Most people who have tried them like them, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed for your first "good" pair of IEMs.  The only issue I've seen that's of much note is the build quality issues...a few people are reporting that the left earpiece stops working after awhile, and I think it's not simply to do with the cable breaking.  Still, that's an issue that has to be brought up with Shure.  They'd have to fix it if it is a problem with their engineering.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #30 of 42
Hello guys, I'm new at this forum and I want to know the best choice for electronic music in general, should I get Shure SE215 for about 98$ or VSonic GR07 for 150$ ??? is it worth the extra bucks? thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back