GR07 - Tips Thread
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #16 of 349

Quote:
Does anyone know where to buy Jays tips? Also, does anyone know if the supplied tips are actually Sony hybrids or some kind of fake? I just got the gr07 and received TONS of tips but all are too small. How do the Sony hybrids compare to the fake Sonys?

I got mine from a member called dweaver. Look for him and pm him.

You could also check out this seller on amazon who has a crapton of tips for sale : http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/storefront/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sellerID=A11KLP8OP6VADP

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #17 of 349
WOw can't believe you actually got the Shure triple flange on this stem. Can you explain what specifically you cut?

Jays Silicone sight  http://www.stereotypeaudio.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=130&osCsid=6a98500136ef38ec92c6032e0f264e99

I really Like the Phonacs as my number one. Nice and big...no slippage like the stocks may sometimes. I agree with the Foam thing, but late at night if I'm watching movies, I use the Comply t-400. I think the 400's are a good fit past the last knuckle

Feb 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #18 of 349
I also do not get that spike that I didn't like when I first got these. Well Over 300 hours. Tips do matter though

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #19 of 349

Quote:
WOw can't believe you actually got the Shure triple flange on this stem. Can you explain what specifically you cut?

Jays Silicone sight  http://www.stereotypeaudio.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=130&osCsid=6a98500136ef38ec92c6032e0f264e99

I really Like the Phonacs as my number one. Nice and big...no slippage like the stocks may sometimes. I agree with the Foam thing, but late at night if I'm watching movies, I use the Comply t-400. I think the 400's are a good fit past the last knuckle

you've got me curious about the Phonak tips. I'm about to PM you.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #20 of 349

Quote:

just cut off the entire stem so that the tip fits right on the the bottom of the bottom flange.  it stretches pretty good so it fits tight but not to tough.  

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #21 of 349
Just got the hybrid tips.  They arn't as isolating as the Complys.  The Monster Supper tips are working (the foam ones).

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 349
I seem to be anomalous, but I have experienced no detrimental muffling of sound with the Comply T200s. If anything, it tamed the treble spike a bit and reduced listening fatigue. The T200 fits but forcing it over the large bump in the back, but only barely. I think the T400 might fit better, but the T200 works fyi.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #23 of 349
By far the ue single medium silicone tips. No competition, the gr-07 benefit from large bores.

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #24 of 349
Sony Hybrid fit snug and well, comfortable too!

They come in orange, green, and blue right (small, medium, large)? I'm using the orange

Believe it or not, I'd been using the stock bi-flanges since last July. They are not very comfortable. You are aware they are in your ears. By chance My ECCI PR401 were supplied with one set of Sony Hybrids, so that's how I came to acquire them 
etysmile.gif

I was never a huge advocate to worry about supplied tips

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #26 of 349
Neither the t-200 nor t-400 fit well on the gr07 they both fall off for me when taking them out of my ears :frowning2: i decored the grey foams that come with them and cut half of it off then slid that over the tube to add some girth so that my t200's fit without coming off in my ears. They really did a good job making these headphones picky with tips :frowning2: wish they had just made the tube 1mm larger with less of a flange and like 2mm longer tube for easier insertion without as much ear rubbing like some have stated from the rectangle shape. But all in all i wouldnt give up my gr07 for anything atm ive had most of the high end phones and these do it "almost" perfect for me, i'm keeping my fingers crossed the gr08 does what the gr07 does but with a stronger bass and no treble peak with slightly better extension then i'll have THE perfect headphone :)

I Cant believe someone managed to get Olives to fit on these tho ... now i'm tempted to buy a 3pack and stretch them a bit since i dont have any lying around anymore

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #27 of 349
Quote:
Neither the t-200 nor t-400 fit well on the gr07 they both fall off for me when taking them out of my ears :frowning2: i decored the grey foams that come with them and cut half of it off then slid that over the tube to add some girth so that my t200's fit without coming off in my ears. They really did a good job making these headphones picky with tips :frowning2: wish they had just made the tube 1mm larger with less of a flange and like 2mm longer tube for easier insertion without as much ear rubbing like some have stated from the rectangle shape. But all in all i wouldnt give up my gr07 for anything atm ive had most of the high end phones and these do it "almost" perfect for me, i'm keeping my fingers crossed the gr08 does what the gr07 does but with a stronger bass and no treble peak with slightly better extension then i'll have THE perfect headphone :)

I Cant believe someone managed to get Olives to fit on these tho ... now i'm tempted to buy a 3pack and stretch them a bit since i dont have any lying around anymore

If you're looking for foam tips that really fit the GR07, like I said before, you should try the Jays Foams. They're made of real memory foam, and they tighly fit on the GR07 nozzle...  
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #30 of 349
will these tips fit the GR07?? 

http://stores.ebay.com/Lostearbuds/Memory-Foam-/_i.html?_fsub=2613068012&_sid=102131412&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Users who are viewing this thread

Back