GR07 - SE215 - IE7- Westone 2 ...
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

blackeyed

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys... after going through the threads (not too much into details as i dont understand a lot of terms 
wink.gif
 i have shortlisted these 4 ... Which one of these is a better option for overall not a person new to IEMs..

What i understood so far in layman terms:
GR07 - neutral very clear sound.
SE215- more bass but not as clear sound as one above.
IE7 - powerful bass and infact all rounder
Westone 2 - Quality and sound wise better than all of above.

I can be wrong as every comparison site says a bit different 
confused_face(1).gif

I am not an audiophile however just want bang for my bucks 
beyersmile.png

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for your reply mate... i mostly listen to pop and rock music... Well havent heard much about sony's and it was mostly Sen/Shure/Westone/UE always on top of reviews so thought only these manufacturers are good in iems :) 

Sony's wont make you look special on plane either 
wink_face.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Hm, you would really like the EX600 then. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to rock and pop with them. Robyn, The Raconteurs, and Katy B sounded amazing on them. And Sony has really shown itself to be good at producing very good IEM. Just look at the EX600's big brother, the EX1000. It now sits as the best IEM I have ever heard.

And you would look special on a plane with them; have you seen how far they stick out of your ears lol? 
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 6
Alright mate ... however i will give you the price breakdown of these just let me know based on that which one has more value for money... and is the etc price paying is worth for it ...

EX600 - ~ £140
SE215 - ~ £69

GR07 - ~£120
IE7- £110
Westone2 - £157

Well i dont want to look either a person on hearing aids either 
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Alright mate ... however i will give you the price breakdown of these just let me know based on that which one has more value for money... and is the etc price paying is worth for it ...

EX600 - ~ £140
SE215 - ~ £69

GR07 - ~£120
IE7- £110
Westone2 - £157

Well i dont want to look either a person on hearing aids either 
tongue.gif

Blimey the price of the shures hsa dropped!

Anyway heres my brief experience with the above (minus the ex600 and the gro7, not heard either of those).

SE215 :-

Didn't like these much, very aware of them whilst wearing them, didn't like the cable either, too long.  Sound was ok but think I had a faulty set (twice), something else you might want to be aware off.

IE7,  Did/do like these but don't use them very much, due to fit issues (don't let that put you off).  Nice all rounder.  One thing I would point out is that it's not great for isolation so if thats one of your requirements the senns might not be it.  I've often commented on the fact that if there was a sound signature like the 7's but with better isolation, more standard fit I would have jumped at it.

Westone 2.  Favourite of the group.  Small, comfortable (though I have just had them remoulded into customs for the hell of it)great cable, nice balanced sound, good isolation with the included comply p series tips, maybe a tad lacking in bass but not by much.  Can't go too far wrong.

One other that might be worth a look at is the brainwavz b2 available through amazon for £99.00  Said to be similar/identical to the fischer dba-2 which was also similar (keeping up :)?) to the westone2 for around £70 odd less.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back