Got my Ray Samuels B-52!!!
Aug 12, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #61 of 227
to many B-52 owners in this thread...

you all need to post pics of your setup..pleaseeee

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I 100% agree!!! The B-52 is one OUTSTANDING pre-amp! I have it hooked up to a pair of Parasound JC-1 amps driving my ProAc speakers and the sound is unbelievable. I have had dedicated pre-amps from Musical Fidelity and Audio Research and the B-52 just kicks their tookus.

Oh, and it makes a pretty decent headphone amp too.
tongue.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on the terrific purchase!!!

you have pics? I always wondered about the proac's..
and i agree "decent" headphone amp..hehe

Aug 12, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #64 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES!!! i own a $5,300 pre WITH an on and off switch now..WOOT!
Say good bye to my right hand Mr. power cable..no need for you everyday nomore..nope.

I always knew there was a reason for the price difference between the Apache and the B-52 and now I know it. Damn that's one expensive power switch!

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #66 of 227
Quote:

these are old...the glass rack is long gone! i should have new speakers tomorrow so maybe..just maybe some new pics..

So what are the new speakers that are arrive on Monday?
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #67 of 227
AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

I've been trying to download the pics for two hours now. It just locks up. I went to the Hewlett Packard database and found out the problem... I switched to Windows Vista a month ago and it turns out the HP Photosmart 318 doesn't support Vista. Looks like it's time for a new camera.

So... I'll stop by the drugstore on the way to work tomorrow and have a CD burned. I should be able to post them by noon Pacific time. Sorry for making you guys wait so long.

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #68 of 227
Quote:

to many B-52 owners in this thread...

you all need to post pics of your setup..pleaseeee

you have pics? I always wondered about the proac's..
and i agree "decent" headphone amp..hehe

Allright...here are some pics. :)

system.jpg

B52andProAc.jpg

CD7andB52.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #69 of 227
Nice 4N6!

I'll be hearing that next weekend!

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #70 of 227
Tooo much. That last image. I normally like black but the silver looks fine with the gold accents. Ok, I would be happy with either. :^) unbelievable.. . .

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #72 of 227
i'm wondering how the prowess of the apache compares to the bp-26/mps2??? which is the better value???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm... we use the same turntable (using dynavector karat mk2), power supply and headphones (HD-650, unbalanced).

I think the P500 may be picky about tube stuff. You may want to research whether to use multi-wave.

I too am eying the XR-2. I like its innate tweakiness.

I'd just love to try the B-52 as a preamp feeding my Bryston 4B-SST.

I'd love to teach your grandmother to suck eggs...
tongue.gif

-m

P.S., gratz!!!!!

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #73 of 227
Quote:

just tested it...HOly **** it works!
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks man..this is such a learning thread.

HAHAHA I dont need to bring in my b52 no more..na na na..
icon10.gif

you have to push all the way in but it does work..sweettttt

Woot. thank goodness for head-fi. Glad it's resolved.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #74 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what are the new speakers that are arrive on Monday?
biggrin.gif

the bottom section of Todd's Sehring 701's i am demoing for a week. i have both 700's and one bottom section now but i can not set anything up even on a stand cause of the bottom port on the Sehring's.
i am going for more soundstage, i want a complete 180 around the listening chair before i leave this room.

I am trying some M-audio Bx8a active Studio monitors i have for my office setup in the room now as a close up Near Field. very different land from my Dyna's but i believe i just figured out why my Bass was always sticking on the front wall..or at least not what it should of been. Micheal Green of MGA told me to place the dyna's on wood then ontop of clay bricks and now i understand why.. the m-audio's sitting on a mdf stand is letting the bass move around more freely probably twice the amount as the Dyna's did. so before i Decide to buy any speakers i am trying the 72se's again on wood with Clay bricks..cause if i can get a 25ish hz line around me..hell yeah!!!

hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back