Got my Ray Samuels B-52!!!
Aug 12, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #46 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by aryaah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(push inward) on the on/off switch , when it is in the off position, until you feel it click, and then release the switch. It should work appropriately now.

seems simple enough, definitely worth a quick fix try--i hope it does the trick.

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #47 of 227
Quote:

I had the same issue with my B52 some time ago and I spoke with Ray on the phone; simple solution.

Push horizontally (push inward) on the on/off switch , when it is in the off position, until you feel it click, and then release the switch. It should work appropriately now. This maneuver seems to reset the switch. Mine has now worked flawlessy with no recurrent issues.

I'm using the B-52 with a HD650/balanced Equinox cable and I can't be more positive about the sound.

Aryaah

I had the same issue, and I can confirm it gets solved doing this.

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #48 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if your going to stack the two units with the stock spikes watch it! one wrong move and you'll have a cute scratch on top of the power supply like i do on mine.

The spikes are indeed a problem. I guess these were designed that way for a sonic reason, but they are a pain to deal with once you find a final position for your amp.
I would have preferred them if they already were stitched together (the spikes with the bases, I mean)...

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #49 of 227
Quote:

I had the same issue with my B52 some time ago and I spoke with Ray on the phone; simple solution.

Push horizontally (push inward) on the on/off switch , when it is in the off position, until you feel it click, and then release the switch. It should work appropriately now. This maneuver seems to reset the switch. Mine has now worked flawlessy with no recurrent issues.

I'm using the B-52 with a HD650/balanced Equinox cable and I can't be more positive about the sound.

Aryaah

just tested it...HOly **** it works!
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks man..this is such a learning thread.

HAHAHA I dont need to bring in my b52 no more..na na na..
icon10.gif

you have to push all the way in but it does work..sweettttt

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #50 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The spikes are indeed a problem. I guess these were designed that way for a sonic reason, but they are a pain to deal with once you find a final position for your amp.
I would have preferred them if they already were stitched together (the spikes with the bases, I mean)...

you can ask ray what thread size they use and buy after market ones. the spikes are some really nice ones..atleast they aint the cheapest junk. I dont use mine cause of my E&T Rack won't allow.

YES!!! i own a $5,300 pre WITH an on and off switch now..WOOT!
Say good bye to my right hand Mr. power cable..no need for you everyday nomore..nope.

I can do the amp on..or off..just a flick of the switch..yeahhhh
on...
off...

on....

off..

hey i gotta leave so guess what..

its off....

hey i wanna listen to some music...

yeah now its on...

on

off

(early mourning..no sleep)

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #52 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats! i might have missed it, but did you get black or silver? and sorry to hear about the on/off switch not working properly, hopefully you can fix it, yet if not Ray will take care of you and probably cover shipping too.

Black.

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #53 of 227
Quote:

Aryaah

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!! We have liftoff! The B-52 is back in action.

Thanks to everyone for this hint, I can't believe it was that simple.

Aug 12, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #54 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, it says on the power supply not to stack them--come on guys, don't you read the fine print?
wink.gif
I put them on separate shelves.

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #55 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QUICK first impressions...

So far the only negative... IT WON'T TURN OFF!!! Flipping the switch powered it on at first, but when I switched it back, nothing. I had to rip it out of the power strip to get it to turn off. Oh god, oh god, let Ray be able to troubleshoot this by phone, it will kill me to have to send it back for repair...

Mine did the same thing. I pushed in the switch while toggling it and it eventually caught. This has happened to me about 3 times since I have owned the B-52. I mentioned this to Ray and he will look into possible replacements for the switch.

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #56 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you only using her for headphones? get into speakers somewhat and enjoy her REAL beauty. try 600's with cardas balanced if you get bored and have money..its soooooo ****ing nice!

i have pics up here all over the place if you search...maybe we should start a tube rolling b52 thread huh? congrats on the best pre amp i ever heard..preamp..hehe

I 100% agree!!! The B-52 is one OUTSTANDING pre-amp! I have it hooked up to a pair of Parasound JC-1 amps driving my ProAc speakers and the sound is unbelievable. I have had dedicated pre-amps from Musical Fidelity and Audio Research and the B-52 just kicks their tookus.

Oh, and it makes a pretty decent headphone amp too.
tongue.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on the terrific purchase!!!

Aug 12, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #57 of 227
How many people own this amp now?

What tubes are used for the headphone section?

Are Vcaps involved?

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #59 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by sghound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THIS POST IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS

Take a deep breath... It's morning in California, my daughter hasn't been dropped off for the day yet, and I will get a new USB cable for my camera (see previous post) in a few hours!!!
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #60 of 227
I'm happy to hear the switch problem has been resolved.

I've approached the spike supports with a very simple and inexpensive remedy. I purchased four rubber circular pieces that are normally used to be placed under furniture legs to prevent them from marring the floor. The ones I obtained have a little concavity in the center which perfectly fits the little metal disc which the spikes rest upon. This provides a very stable support for the spikes and they will not be readily displaced. They also will not marr the area they are resting upon, with this method. Most hardware stores or your local Home Depot will carry this item.
I'm certain this will not negatively affect the sonics.

Aryaah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back