Got my Ray Samuels B-52!!!
Aug 11, 2007 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 227

earwicker7

Headphoneus Supremus
Woo f'in hoo! My B-52 is here! My days of waiting are over! And now for the good part... I have to go back to work
frown.gif
. Damn, life throws you some curveballs. My boss said I could go pick up the package from the FedEx office after I practically cried telling her that I would otherwise have to wait until Monday to get my baby. But it's a busy day, so she said I had to drive straight back afterwards. Of course, I'd never actually go home and open the box first... that would be wrong, eh? Well, I got a peek at the bubble wrap and then my conscience got me and I went back to the salt mines
cool.gif

I'll set it up tonight when I get back from work and update y'all... I'm expecting greatness, of course, given that it's a $5,350 amp that only powers headphones
biggrin.gif
. Ah, the joys of having a headphone setup that's worth more than your car...

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 227
WOW. Congrats.

See how long you can wait before opening the box.
biggrin.gif

I would probably stare at it for 20 minutes before even connecting it. I don't think I'll ever reach such great amp goodness, I'd want to lock it up in a fire-proof safe when not in use.
600smile.gif

Please do post plenty of pics.

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PICS PICS PICS!!!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Ah, you're going to make me break out my camera... which cost about 2% of this thing! It's a real dinosaur, but I'll see what I can do. You guys just have to promise you won't make fun of my apartment... it's very ghetto. This thing's going to be a diamond in the rough.

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 227
Quote:

PICS PICS PICS!!!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

YESSSS

That's the Only Amp that look better then mine
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 227
There'll be no sleep at your place tonight?

Congratulations!!

You should change the title to "B52 Lands in my living room".

So will you slowly unwrap it and savor the moment or rip the box open and attack it?

Mitch

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There'll be no sleep at your place tonight?

Congratulations!!

You should change the title to "B52 Lands in my living room".

So will you slowly unwrap it and savor the moment or rip the box open and attack it?

Mitch

That bubble wrap is so dead
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #9 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, you're going to make me break out my camera... which cost about 2% of this thing! It's a real dinosaur, but I'll see what I can do. You guys just have to promise you won't make fun of my apartment... it's very ghetto. This thing's going to be a diamond in the rough.

No problem whats your address I will send a "CLEANING" crew to your house!!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 227
Quote:

No problem whats your address I will send a "CLEANING" crew to your house!!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

That's why NOBODY in my apartment complex is going to know how valuable this thing is. I had a stereo system lifted when I was in boarding school because I bragged to everybody about how valuable it was. The funny thing is, I feel much safer in the blue collar apartment I live in now... my place looks so poor that nobody would think twice about risking jail to break in to it.

Aug 11, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why NOBODY in my apartment complex is going to know how valuable this thing is. I had a stereo system lifted when I was in boarding school because I bragged to everybody about how valuable it was. The funny thing is, I feel much safer in the blue collar apartment I live in now... my place looks so poor that nobody would think twice about risking jail to break in to it.

I would still cover it with a blanket!!!! LOL!

Aug 11, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 227
That's GREAT news Earwicker7 !

I don't think I could ever garner enough "doh ray me" for the B 52 so I'll spend the rest of my days visiting the RSA site now and then for a quick look and salivate.

Please post some pics so that I can come to Head-fi and do some head amp
worshipping instead !
orphsmile.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #15 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, what's your complete setup?

And, PICS!

Here's my main rig...

CD Player--Opus 21 modified by Great Northern Sound
Digital Interconnects--LAT IC-300 Signature
Vinyl--VPI Scout with Shelter 501 cartridge (may upgrade)
Phono Stage--some brand I can't remember that Todd the Vinyl Junkie is letting me borrow until I get my Ray Samuels XR-2
Analog Interconnects--Cardas Neutral Reference
Power Supply--PS Audio P500 (currently being repaired, so I'm now using a horrible computer-store wonder)
Amp--Ray Samuels B-52
Phones--Balanced HD-650 (StefanArt cable on the way), AudioTechnica ATH-W2002, Grado GS1000 is ordered and on the way

Whew, that took some thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back