Got me them Panasonic HJE900 for 110 bucks
Feb 11, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #151 of 287
these things keep getting better and better as time goes on. And by that I mean the highs and lows have improved slightly. BTW I ordered (and received) the UE single-flange tips and I am yet to put those in. Waiting a few more days to make sure I have fully broken these in to make a comparison.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #152 of 287
my only complaint with these is that, especially when worn over the ear, the cords on these things is a bit too small.

Anyone have recommendations on some custom wires? I think I remember reading that the wires on these are detachable/customizable ...

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #153 of 287
Quote:

Where do you live? Amazon UK has them and ships to the EU.

Australia, I still haven't found a way around it or anyone else with a price close to the $110.

I'm considering paying the $159 us for the other amazon provider as it's still a good price, however I'm going to wait for joker's review before I do that!

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #154 of 287
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon73o /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my only complaint with these is that, especially when worn over the ear, the cords on these things is a bit too small.

Anyone have recommendations on some custom wires? I think I remember reading that the wires on these are detachable/customizable ...

Do you mean too short? Anyway the cable is detachable and someone posted that the Sleek Audio cables should fit. Don't know if these are longer though.

Of course you could also use a short a 3.5mm extension cable.

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #155 of 287
yes, Sleek Audios cable is fitting and it's considerably longer than Panasonics. It's also a bit slimmer and easier to flex for wearing the HJE900s over the ear. Btw they're also working wonderfully with Sleek Audios Kleer wireless system. I'm still looking for the perfect tip for the HJE900s. Right now I'm using the Comply T-400s. Anyone tried the Sony Hybrids?

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #156 of 287
Wow. Those are great news that undoubtedly bring even higher the value of this already high-bang-for-buck phone. The replacement higher quality cable from panasonic was only available imported from japan, getting sleek-audio should definitely be easyer... With virtually indestructible earpieces and now easily replaceable cable, those could probably last a lifetime.... and now you're telling me we also have the option of turning them into wireless phones? HAHAHAHA! Steal of the century?

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #158 of 287
Can anyone compare this Panasonic with the RE0 and Triple.Fi 10 for me? I aplogize if this has already been done..at work posting on my cell
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #161 of 287
Ok I haven't read the whole thread (or anything but the OP for that matter) so if this has been addressed please point me to the right place. Search yields nada. I've noticed that the cord on these is quite a bit shorter than on most IEMs. Did Panasonic screw up the cord length measurement? The specs list it at 1.2m (48 inches) but the cord on my Monster Turbine Pro (rated at 44 inches) is at least 4" longer.

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #163 of 287
^^ @joker : Hmm... several people have complained about that same issue in this thread and maybe the other ones too... Check the 4th and 5th posts in this very page. Im not a giant but i am not short either so i hope this wont be an issue for me (also i rarely use IEMs over the ear style)... You're having me concerned now...

EDIT
Anon do you usually use large sized flanges? I might want to order those UE single flanges before i even receive the IEMs but i want to be sure about the size

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #164 of 287
no my ear canals are pretty small - i have trouble sometimes shoving in just ear plugs too far in. The "large" flanges really aren't massive by any stretch.

Definitely, definitely get them. I just listened to My Dougies (lol) - PERFECT. Perfect. perfect. Like better than my HD1000s now easily and I have not at all fully broken these in yet. What are you waiting for?????

Feb 13, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #165 of 287
So do you mean that you usually use medium sized single flange but had to get the larg UE ones for a good fit? In my case medium single flange usually give me a good enough fit, large size can increase isolation but in some cases can also totally kill the sub-bass. Are UE large sized tips smaller than, say, sennheiser or sony large size tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back