Got a little listening time with the Triadaudio L3 w/Pics aka Lisa3 Lite
Sep 22, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #16 of 63
Right now my portable rig is Stepdance-based, yes.

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #18 of 63

Quote:
No.  Just look at those pics and how those phone jacks or RCA inputs compare to the rest of the amp.  Either one is a good deal bigger than my ipod classic, too big, they are more like transportable amps rather than "portable."

not this tired old argument again. portable is what you are willing to carry with you. the triple stack ibasso rigs are bigger, the JH3A is bigger and the protector is not what I would call small either. for a fully discrete 3 channel active ground amp, the design of which the well regarded M^3 home amp is based on, plus decent battery time and voltage gain, you just arent going to get anything really small. if you want heaps of feedback for voltage gain in an opamp based design sure, but that is not what the lisa is about. personally I think its a feat as is.

BTW I nolonger have a dog in this fight, for those who know what i'm talking about. 

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #19 of 63
Alrighty then, forget it. 
tongue_smile.gif

Still, I can't help but LOL at the size.  You gonna try one out?

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #21 of 63
Not yet, no, but should be soon.

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #22 of 63
Hi All,

Apologies for having been in a coma for the last 8 months, but what happened to the Lisa RS ??

GreenLeo gave some brief impressions of a prototype back in 2009, but when I went back to Phil's site earlier this week there appears to be no mention of it. If the L3 is the 'Lisa III Lite', surely the RS was going to be the 'Lisa III++'  ?

Again, apologies for my ignorance, but it is sad if the RS concept has sunk without trace. If it simply morphed into the L3, so be it.

Thanks,

estreeter

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #24 of 63
I finally got the AC charger, so I can start to do some listening later this week, when I get back from the business trip I am on.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #25 of 63

Quote:
     GreenLeo gave some brief impressions of a prototype back in 2009, but when I went back to Phil's site earlier this week there appears to be no mention of it. If the L3 is the 'Lisa III Lite', surely the RS was going to be the 'Lisa III++'  ?

Again, apologies for my ignorance, but it is sad if the RS concept has sunk without trace. If it simply morphed into the L3, so be it.

I believe that there's simply not enough potentially interesed audience in RS to fight with all the manufacturing complexities. On the other hand, I don't think it's fair to say that RS concept sunk without a trace since it was previously mentioned that L3 incorporated some of the RS changes. Obviously, there's no 32V support, etc., but I still believe that L3 stands somewhere between regular Lisa and RS version in terms of SQ.

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #28 of 63

Quote:
I believe that there's simply not enough potentially interesed audience in RS to fight with all the manufacturing complexities.

I completely disagree on the 'not enough potentially interested audience' statement : whether Phil felt that there were enough potential *paying customers* for the RS to become a production reality might be a different question, but news of the RS was greeted with wild enthusiasm (yes, wilder than usual..) on this board. Ultimately, Phil is the only person who can fill in the blanks on the RS, but GreenLeo's impressions pointed to an amp with a lot of potential. Like everyone else, I eagerly await skylab's report on the L3.

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #29 of 63
Looks like the amp is completely non-existent. No reviews of pre-production units, no updates from the manufacturer, no leaks since mid-summer. I'm curious what's taking so long.

Dec 4, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #30 of 63
No, it's not non-existent. I have one of the prototypes. I'm almost finished reviewing it. Not surprisingly, i think it's excellent, since I was very impressed by it's predecessor. Phil informs me they plan to have production early next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back